+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Official announcement on 2016 meets

I like free kittens

Status

Default Official announcement on 2016 meets

The exec board has been discussing what to do this year for a national meet. The consensus is that rather than have just 1 big meet, on 1 weekend, in 1 location that only a handful of members can make it to, we will allow each division to host their own meet. Planned and put on by the members of their respective divisions.

This will offer multiple meets to the members of the club, held on multiple different days, in multiple different locations. Members with nothing but time because they're retired (Cough...CHASE...Cough) would likely be able to attend multiple divisional meets. Others who may have other obligations when their division hosts a meet, may be able to attend a neighboring division's meet instead.

There will be a small "club fee" for hosting the meet that each participant will pay. This will get you: A club designed T-shirt (Design to be determined), Entry into a raffle, and it will make your divisional meet an official DRTC Function that the club's insurance policy will extend and cover should anything unthinkable happen. (not as critical for "piggy back events" like setting up a meet at Carlisle, MATS, Nats, etc. but if anyone plans their own stand alone meet, this will be crucial).

Our goal is that this helps to motivate folks to participate, get out with their trucks, meet up with the guys who are closest to them.

The following is how your execs voted:

In favor of Divisional meets:

Yes:
    Tom Filbert (Filthy Filbert) President
    Todd Ognibene (White RT) VP
    Brian Cropp (HSKR) Secretary
    Kevin Peacock (Gofastgrey) Treasurer
    Barry Young (6speedrt) Div 6 Rep
    Dustin Broostin (Broo42) Div 4 Rep
    Chase Sanborn (Chase1500) Div 3 Rep
    Steve Udenberg (Chrgr340) Div 5 Rep
    Josh Klein (madboy) Div 6 Rep
    Chad Spicer (SlammedR/T) Div 2 Rep

No:
    Chris Oshenic (krs1R/T) Div 1 Rep
    Gary Achtzehn (y2krtaf) Div 7 Rep

Did not vote:
    John Drago (MOPARS&FiREARMS_66) Div 1 Rep
    Eric Ginder (Lonesoldier79) Div 2 Rep
    Tim Almasy (Nevr2fast01) Div 3 Rep
    Josh Misora (KTK00RT) Div 4 Rep
    Josh Brack (1LoudRT) Div 5 Rep
    Steven Zeal (Stevenz1inoc) Div 7 Rep
    --Tom
    **Photobucket can suck my nut**

I'm a douchebag

I like free kittens

Status

We will put together a "formal" list of the rules soon, but wanted to get this announcement out so everyone knew what the overall plan was. Our goal is that each meet is at a minimum, cost neutral to the club, ideally to turn a small profit to help pay for the insurance policy, web hosting fees, etc. As such, each divisional meet will have a different cost associated with it. We have not decided how much is needed to cover the club costs yet re: t-shirts, insurance, etc, but let's say it's $20. If Carlisle entry fee is $45, and they want a catered dinner Saturday night that's $15/head, then your overall fees for that divisional meet would be $80. If Division 6 just has a show-n-shine at a local cruise in, holds a bbq, and hits up a go-kart track, their fees may only be $40.

More to come, but for now, start talking with your local guys and come up with your summer plan!
    --Tom

I'm a douchebag

Thanks for the update. Any idea why there were 6 no shows?

OG DRTC

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 99rtcc View Post
    Thanks for the update. Any idea why there were 6 no shows?
    That's why we are now posting how the Board votes so the Division members can contact their rep as to why they didnt vote or why they voted the way they did. Start holding Reps accountable.

Status

i must have over looked this vote, i was in favor and helped with the idea for small mini meets
    1999 solar fire reboot
    Gas-Beat-Repeat

I also overlooked the thread. I didn't realize there was a poll to vote on this, but my vote would have been yes.
    2000 CC
    11.37@122

OG DRTC

Status

Which is why its important to read ALL threads posted in the Exec Board section. I've missed a few, for a few days, by only clicking on "new posts" vs actually going into the Exec section.

v14 Mopar Mullet

Status

Ooooo-oooh so now they say yes. Just a couple of finger-in-the-wind career politicians if you ask me!

Status
    Blog Entries

Please Remove the D1 proposal from your list .

The event will not happen as a DRTC sanctioned Nats due to a lack of support from this club.

The Block of rooms has been cancelled as well as catering, I will also be contacting Carlisle Events to inform them we are unable to make this work without the clubs support .

This was a group decision not just my doing .

I will still be at Carisle stop by and have a beverage !

If anyone is curious why this isn't going anywhere please contact your D1 reps as I don't log in here anymore to follow what's going on and won't be replying to this.

Thank You to the few that did support us trying to do this .

Chas

00 FR RC Dakota R/T Turbo 11.56@118

99 Amethyst RC Dakota R/T 1-170 13.84@98

P.I.E. tuned cause Flynn is for the Birds if you wanna Run Fast have some PIE !

Just call me George W

I like free kittens

Status

Sorry to hear that. The intent wasn't for the exec board to plan, organize and host 7 mini-meets, but for each division to plan, organize and host their own. Last years meet was a huge headache trying to get support to help out, be it because guys from 1500 miles away had no interest or intent on going, execs who live in the area barely participating in the meetings to help plan, our goal was to incentivize guys to step up and help out with the planning and organizing events because they would be local and more likely to be able to help out, along with giving more dates incase one particular weekend doesn't align with personal schedules. The club would handle t-shirts, raffles, door prizes, etc on a national level.

We're sorry to hear that D1 feels like they're not supported by the rest of the club.
    --Tom

I'm a douchebag

Turbo Dakota Junky

Status

Interesting....
    Duner
    4.7 Turbocharged CC in white - 12's
    5.9 Turbocharged RC in black - 10's

1999 Dodge Dakota R/T RC Turbo: 10.51 @ 130.13 MPH

Got Beer?

Status

Can't say that is will actually motivate any of the divisions to really host anything. If anything it gives divisions an excuse that no one wanted to do anything. I think you had two decent bids that could have been done well. This also leads me back to the we can't have our own individual meets anymore. Carlisle and Ohio both worked really well because there was so much more to do. That gives people incentive to travel to a bigger show that they might never actually go to and see another part of the country they would not normally see. Hopefully you prove me wrong, but I am not confident.
    2003 Dakota R/T
    Hibernation
    Previous Best
    10.77@124

*Disclaimer - All suggestions given for performance modifications is assuming that you live close or at Sea Level

Just a suggestion. I think it would be good idea to piggy back into another club's event. I don't know if this has been tried before and if another club would be willing to do this but let me lay out a scenario.

For Division 4, The Dallas MoPar Club has an annual show on the Saturday of Labor Day Weekend. They always have 5 or 6 Dakotas there. What about asking them to also host a Division 4 meet in conjunction with their annual show? Maybe a sponsorship of their event would help.

This is a link to their show. http://dallasmoparclub.com/mininats.html

There are MoPar clubs all over the country that have great shows that might want the participation of some of our trucks. Are these the delusions of a Madman?
    Jim

1998 Dakota Sport
    5.2L 5-spd
    3.92 rear
    GTS Viper Style Ram Air Hood
    Viper hood ornament
    Original Equipment Factory Roll Pan
    MBRP Cat-back Exhaust
    Grillcraft grill inserts
    Custom two-tone paint
    Custom logos and striping

OG DRTC

Status

Quote Originally Posted by SB440R/T View Post
    Can't say that is will actually motivate any of the divisions to really host anything. If anything it gives divisions an excuse that no one wanted to do anything. I think you had two decent bids that could have been done well. This also leads me back to the we can't have our own individual meets anymore. Carlisle and Ohio both worked really well because there was so much more to do. That gives people incentive to travel to a bigger show that they might never actually go to and see another part of the country they would not normally see. Hopefully you prove me wrong, but I am not confident.
    I don't think it would have motivated many people to drive thousands of miles in this day and age. Then you have people saying the club doesn't support them because they never have a meet in their area. It takes motivated and dedicated people to set up and plan a meet. And those people must be in the area the meet is being held. The divisional meet idea doesn't necessarily force a division to have a meet, but it holds the Div Reps accountable for stepping up and actually doing something for the division trying to get something set up. If you can't find enough people within your own division to set up, plan, and attend a local meet, how well do you think it would work on a national scale?

Also, if you only put in a bid expecting the Exec board to run your event and do all the behind the scenes stuff required, you are not only failing yourself, but also the DRTC. Having a division say they are pulling their event because the "DRTC" wasn't going to "support" your meet, which isn't true, then it wasn't that solid of a proposal in the first place.

I like free kittens

Status

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaJim View Post
    Just a suggestion. I think it would be good idea to piggy back into another club's event. I don't know if this has been tried before and if another club would be willing to do this but let me lay out a scenario.

For Division 4, The Dallas MoPar Club has an annual show on the Saturday of Labor Day Weekend. They always have 5 or 6 Dakotas there. What about asking them to also host a Division 4 meet in conjunction with their annual show? Maybe a sponsorship of their event would help.

This is a link to their show. http://dallasmoparclub.com/mininats.html

There are MoPar clubs all over the country that have great shows that might want the participation of some of our trucks. Are these the delusions of a Madman?

Nothing wrong with this idea at all. That's precisely what D1 was planning, a meet that piggybacks off another national scale event. You can and should contact your division 4 reps about putting together your own mini meet at this event. I could do the same in division 3 with the Mopar nationals but am working on something else instead.
    --Tom

I'm a douchebag

Quote Originally Posted by hskr View Post
    I don't think it would have motivated many people to drive thousands of miles in this day and age. Then you have people saying the club doesn't support them because they never have a meet in their area. It takes motivated and dedicated people to set up and plan a meet. And those people must be in the area the meet is being held. The divisional meet idea doesn't necessarily force a division to have a meet, but it holds the Div Reps accountable for stepping up and actually doing something for the division trying to get something set up. If you can't find enough people within your own division to set up, plan, and attend a local meet, how well do you think it would work on a national scale?

Also, if you only put in a bid expecting the Exec board to run your event and do all the behind the scenes stuff required, you are not only failing yourself, but also the DRTC. Having a division say they are pulling their event because the "DRTC" wasn't going to "support" your meet, which isn't true, then it wasn't that solid of a proposal in the first place.
    Having been to a D1 event. I can tell you that they are well organized, every detail is taken care of, and all you have to do is show up and have a good time. Throwing out a line like, it wasn't a solid proposal in the first place is just stupid. Did you not read all the leg work they had already done to try and make this happen? Maybe the question we should be asking , is what were they expecting from the club that didn't happen. Do you have any idea how much work it takes a hand full of people to put on a National event and make it go off without a hitch? If not. Shut up. If you do. Then you never would have made that comment.

Quote Originally Posted by chase1500 View Post
    Having been to a D1 event. I can tell you that they are well organized, every detail is taken care of, and all you have to do is show up and have a good time. Throwing out a line like, it wasn't a solid proposal in the first place is just stupid. Did you not read all the leg work they had already done to try and make this happen? Maybe the question we should be asking , is what were they expecting from the club that didn't happen. Do you have any idea how much work it takes a hand full of people to put on a National event and make it go off without a hitch? If not. Shut up. If you do. Then you never would have made that comment.
    Exactly, what were they expecting that they didnt get? I never saw a "hey guys we need this or that to assist with the meet or we will have to pull the plug" - I personally was on vacation and of course my phone going crazy asking wtf is wrong with the site, I get back from vacation and had to deal with it .... once that was done I tried to catch up on the forum and I read "we cancelled everything due to lack of support from the club". Ummmm ok then, that doesnt really explain it but I accept the fact its no longer happening.

If people need something from the club, I think they should ask rather than expect that everyone here would automatically know what they need.

I also thought it came off pretty clear that each division was responsible for all the details of their meet as the club couldnt help as much as in years past, if that is wrong, I apologize, that was just the impression I got.

It also sounds like there is no real meets going on this year, maybe a GTG or two and thats about it??? Am I wrong about that? Sorry I have had some personal issues and havent been able to keep up and it seems like when I try I am just confused as to what is going on (for example, the bylaws thing I am all f'd up on as I guess I really didnt follow or understand what was happening with all the votes and where we are now).

"The journey is more fun than the destination"

OG DRTC

Status

Quote Originally Posted by chase1500 View Post
    If it was so well organized and details were in place then why cancel it. If i put that much leg work into setting up a meet, i would probably try to go through with it. There's more to the story of why it is being cancelled than "lack of support". As Todd said, nothing was ever asked of the Exec board in terms of support for the meet from anyone in Div 1. At least not that made it to the whole exec board for discussion.

+ Reply to Thread