+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Div 5 Winter meet, Omaha, NE

OG DRTC

Status

Default Div 5 Winter meet, Omaha, NE

Anyone want to get together over the winter? Don't have to bring your trucks, just a small meet and greet to get some faces with names and maybe discuss some ideas for this summer. We can either do like a lunch type thing for those who may want to drive in for the day, or maybe make some bigger plans and set up a weekend thing to make it worthwhile for those driving further. Obviously, I'd suggest here in Omaha. There is a lot to do locally, even during winter. Good places to eat. We could do go-carts(gas powered, indoor, ran by a dirt track racer), maybe set up a movie night. For anyone wanting one, I could see about discount hotel rooms. I have a spare bed and a couch at my house if needed. Also driveway space so no parking in street. Could make it a combined thing with the local Mopar groups here.

If nothing else, maybe the Lincoln/Omaha guys could meet up. Seems we have a few now. I know of one other R/T owner here in Omaha that isn't active on forum. I'd like to do something by the end of February.

If anyone wants help installing some small mods, I can clean up my garage a little and work in there. Pull truck in, shut door, fire up oven for heat, and plenty of room to do everything from TB swap, to pulling a motor/Trans if needed.

Marsh Madness

Status

Just depends on the date. I'll be closing on my first house mid February and have a trip to southern Cali come end of feb. But i will do my best to show up. Just let me know. Love to meet some locals.
    ~James
    ~James Marsh
    Marsh Madness Specialties

Speed Cost Money.
    How Fast Do You Want To Go???
    ~Graham Hill

...408 in the works...(waiting on me)

DAKRT56

Status

I'd try to make it down if something gets put together. 8 hours isn't a bad drive.

Steve - 1999 Flame Red RC R/T-56
    Comp Cams | F&B | Mopar | Spintech | SCT | Hotchkis

OG DRTC

Status

Quote Originally Posted by chrgr340 View Post
    I'd try to make it down if something gets put together. 8 hours isn't a bad drive.
    I've made the drive from here to the Twin Cities several times when I was a recruiter. It's not too bad.

DAKRT56

Status

A friend and I just drove from San Diego to Two Harbors, MN (2500+ miles, just got back late last night) and I'm all over the place all the time (Chicago, Detroit, etc). An eight hour drive ain't shit.

Marsh Madness

Status

Ok. Let's do this. I would say let's do it either Feb 13 weekend but it's Valentines weekend and that may be out for some, so would this weekend, Jan 29-31, be better? Either work for me. I'm just saying Saturday so you have time to make the 8hour trip but I'm open anytime either weekend. I would guess this would be a couple hours pending where we are going.
    But who's available when? And where we going?

Chrgr- we have a spare bed in our apartment if you need a place to crash for a night.
    ~James Marsh

Speed Cost Money.
    ~Graham Hill

OG DRTC

Status

This weekend will be too soon to get much set up and have time for everyone to make plans. I'd say 1st or 2nd weekend of Feb. Valentines day weekend may not be best option, but we can see what others say. I'd like to have more chime in. I know there are at lest three others from this area who have posted in the forum recently. They may not check this thread though if they don't know they are in Div 5. I will go through and see if I can get emails for paid Div 5 members and send out a group email. I've found in the past that worked better than putting info out through the forum. I will make a post on Facebook as well.

What do we want to do? Just lunch/dinner somewhere? Go karts? Maybe a movie night? There is a Star Wars themed theater here in Omaha that caters to adults(no kids under 7 yo allowed) with full service food and drink(even adult beverages) to your seats in the theater. We have Twin Peaks here in Omaha. There is a Quaker Steak and Lube or Hooters across river in Council Bluffs. Buffalo Wild Wings, or go to Lincoln and do Buffalo Wings and Rings.

DAKRT56

Status

I'd be down for just about anything. About the best chance for me to make it down there in the near future would probably be the first weekend in February. I have stuff going on these next two weekends in January.

OG DRTC

Status

Group email sent out. If you didn't not get it let me know. I want to see how accurate my member list is.

Marsh Madness

Status

Shit I totally skipped over feb 6. But I'm good there too, so whatever works. I didn't get an email but phone or email works cause my pm box is currently full (I know I know. Pay dues and I'll have room) but just so you guys have it.

MarshRacing416@gmail.com
    or
    419-271-5908. Call or texts welcome.
    ~James Marsh

Speed Cost Money.
    ~Graham Hill

OG DRTC

Status

Quote Originally Posted by JMSoc02 View Post
    Shit I totally skipped over feb 6. But I'm good there too, so whatever works. I didn't get an email but phone or email works cause my pm box is currently full (I know I know. Pay dues and I'll have room) but just so you guys have it.

MarshRacing416@gmail.com
    or
    419-271-5908. Call or texts welcome.
    Looking through this member list Josh sent me, you are probably still in your old division. It needs a LOT of updating. I just removed 36 email addresses for Div 5 members that are no longer valid. And I was still listed as Div 7 with an old mailing address I hadn't used in 5 years.

OG DRTC

Status

If we want to do go karting, I can set up our own reserved time just for us on the track complete with heat racing an a trophy for winner.
    http://joeskarting.com/

Status

A friend and I just drove from San Diego to Two Harbors, MN (2500+ miles, just got back late last night) and I'm all over the place all the time (Chicago, Detroit, etc). An eight hour drive ain't shit.
    My grandfather and siblings grew up in Two Harbors. My great great grandparents settled in that area, from Sweden, in the late 1800s.
    2004 SRT4 Moar Pah Coming DD
    2002 Dakota R/T 12.376@110.84

"Is there any way to make this easier? I'm way confused now. I just tried to post a video, but instead I got my dick caught in the ceiling fan" Wyotech_Cuda440

DAKRT56

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Broo42 View Post
    My grandfather and siblings grew up in Two Harbors. My great great grandparents settled in that area, from Sweden, in the late 1800s.
    That's awesome! My great (I believe) grandpa came to Minnesota from Sweden in the 1920s. What was your grandpa's last name? Anyone still around Two Harbors that you'd be related to?

Also, we actually drove through Yukon on our way back from San Diego. Wanted to stay as far south for as long as possible because my friend bought a Datsun 280z we were driving back and we wanted to minimize the possibility of getting caught in snow with it, lol.

The only day that does not work for me is Feb 13 I work until 5pm, but I could hang out after. Dinner and drinks sounds good or just drinks. Iam over in the Ralston area so I am close to any area of omaha

DAKRT56

Status

I screwed up and forgot I have something going on pretty much every weekend until Feb 27-28th. If you guys get something worked out before that, don't worry about me. I'll just try and make the next one.

OG DRTC

Status

Okay, So lets say dinner and drinks Feb 6th at Twin Peaks around 6PM.

I never got any replies to the group email I sent out, so either people don't care, or don't check the email address I had on file. James you are added to Div 5 now so you should be in all future emails.

Status

That's awesome! My great (I believe) grandpa came to Minnesota from Sweden in the 1920s. What was your grandpa's last name? Anyone still around Two Harbors that you'd be related to?

Also, we actually drove through Yukon on our way back from San Diego. Wanted to stay as far south for as long as possible because my friend bought a Datsun 280z we were driving back and we wanted to minimize the possibility of getting caught in snow with it, lol.
    They were Olsons. But there were a ton of Olsons in Northern Minnesota at that time. I'm not sure if I have family still up there or not. I'd have to ask. I'll be in Minnesota this coming summer.
    2004 SRT4 Moar Pah Coming DD
    2002 Dakota R/T 12.376@110.84

"Is there any way to make this easier? I'm way confused now. I just tried to post a video, but instead I got my dick caught in the ceiling fan" Wyotech_Cuda440

Marsh Madness

Status

Wife and I are in. Truck won't be there, need to finish a few items but more importantly snow on the ground. But we will be there. What's the twin peaks address?
    ~James Marsh

Speed Cost Money.
    ~Graham Hill

OG DRTC

Status

17330 W Center Rd, Omaha, NE 68130

I'm not really expecting people to bring their trucks. If the roads and my driveway are clear I will bring mine, but if not will by in my Spirit R/T.

OG DRTC

Status

bump

Marsh Madness

Status

Just giving anyone a heads up, that my wife and I are going to head to the Funny Bone after the meet at 9.30 to see Brad Williams. He is a midget comedian if you don't know him. He's done a few tv specials. But I wanted to invite anyone that wants to join. It's first come, first serve for seating so if you guys get tickets, we should be able to all sit together.
    ~James Marsh

Speed Cost Money.
    ~Graham Hill

Marsh Madness

Status

So who's all in for this weekend???
    ~James Marsh

Speed Cost Money.
    ~Graham Hill

OG DRTC

Status

You, me, another guy from Iowa. Maybe some of the guys from my mopar group. The other guy from Omaha.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast