+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2015 Charger R/T

DRTC Member #1146

Status

Default 2015 Charger R/T

Some guy was toying with me on the way to my girlfriends house but there was traffic in the way

Looked stock only noticeable mod was window tint. It was flame red and that matters because everyone knows it adds 15hp. I think they are 2wd 5.7L hemis. My mods are in my signature. Thoughts?

2002 Flame Red RC R/T
    272 RWHP 315 ft/lb TQ
    218/226 Comp Cam, Stage 1 Ported EQ Heads, PRW 1.6 Roller Rockers, PIE Custom Tune, Full spintech exhaust with 3" side exit, 52mm Holley, Ported Kegger, Viper E-Fan, Powerdemon Trans, Hotchkis Springs, Leafs and Sway Bars, R/T 20's, Gen 3 viper seats, Custom "Rejected" State Inspection Sticker
    Plenty More to come

Status

Street racing is bad mmK, and thankfully you can lose your ride if you are busted doing it here now.
    11.27 @ 118.23
    2017 NM Mopar Challenge Series Champion

DRTC Member #1146

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Adobedude View Post
    Street racing is bad mmK, and thankfully you can lose your ride if you are busted doing it here now.
    That's why I posted in bench racing. I wasn't planning on full on racing him

2002 Flame Red RC R/T
    272 RWHP 315 ft/lb TQ
    218/226 Comp Cam, Stage 1 Ported EQ Heads, PRW 1.6 Roller Rockers, PIE Custom Tune, Full spintech exhaust with 3" side exit, 52mm Holley, Ported Kegger, Viper E-Fan, Powerdemon Trans, Hotchkis Springs, Leafs and Sway Bars, R/T 20's, Gen 3 viper seats, Custom "Rejected" State Inspection Sticker
    Plenty More to come

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Friggin' R/T View Post
    Some guy was toying with me on the way to my girlfriends house but there was traffic in the way

Looked stock only noticeable mod was window tint. It was flame red and that matters because everyone knows it adds 15hp. I think they are 2wd 5.7L hemis. My mods are in my signature. Thoughts?
    I am going by shear numbers here, but I think you take him by half a car length based on your numbers. That hemi has about 370 hp as advertised but probably only puts down around 300 at the wheels, my pure guess. Torque at rear wheels probably around 340ish. I think curb weight for a RC RT is around 3900-4000 and the Charger around 4200. So, in the end if you dont spin, you would probably have him by a bit.

Again just going by numbers and my best guesstimations.

Oh, by the way, that red NJ rejection inspection sticker gives you an instant 25hp, so you got him.
    Terry

Status

Don't be a fuddy duddy Dave we all like to play a bit. BUT IN ALL SERIOUSNESS THE PENALTYS ARE SEVERE!
    1999 R/C Solar yellow

Status

Don't do it Josh! I have a '10 R/T 6m Challenger and I would smoke your ass!!

Edit!!! DON"T STREET RACE!!!!!

BLACK '02 RC R/T (BLACK N BITTER) 12.5 @ 109 mph. Under the knife again.
    '99 IB RC R/T (Sabrina's truck) 13.8 @ 96 mph SOLD!
    '10 B5 blue pearl Challenger R/T Classic edition. Totaled!!! FML!!!
    '98 CC R/T Bought wrecked. Restoring it.
    '05 WRANGLER (DD)
    '05 HARLEY FXDCI

Status

You would take my mod list is close to yours but not exactly the same my parents own a 2013 300c with cold air an exhaust. My rt will pull 2 to 3 cars on it been tested plenty of times by my step dad an myself lol

DRTC Member #1146

Status

I don't street race lol, trucks too slow to win anyway hahaha but thanks

2002 Flame Red RC R/T
    272 RWHP 315 ft/lb TQ
    Plenty More to come

OG DRTC

Status

If it had the 8-speed you would lose. Especially in a roll race.

Black Pearl

Status

Out here, we have a place marked off at the Kingman airport complex (see shipping lane). If someone wants to run me, I tell them there or not at all.

https://www.google.com/maps/@35.2712...!3m1!1e3?hl=en
    If you haven't lived for something, you'll die for nothing.

Status

You will lose. The 8 spd trans is no joke. I did a 14 Ram recently with a 5.7, with bolt ons and tune he breaks loose from a 40 roll.
    RYAN/TUNED

Got questions?!? Get the answers ->>> http://www.dakotart.com/forum/showth...estions-thread
    For fastest response please text or email at ryan@frptuning.com ,please no PM's!!!

^what he said. 2015s R/Ts have the 8-speed and are easily mid 13 second cars from the factory, even low 13s. I have a 2013 w/ the 5 speed(NAG1) and stock, on the street, I think it would have beat my old 03 R/T (Eddy heads, cam, headers, intake, etc.)....

Status

09 up hemi motors are stout in stock form and the 8 speed transmission is super efficient in torque delivery, you will lose pretty badly to one.
    "Burn Rubber, Not Your Soul." -Biker Boyz

1999 intense blue regular cab r/t

Old setup: 408, fully forged, half filled block, eddy heads, m1, 236/232 116 .612 cam, 3600 stall, BW S480 turbo, 4" exhaust, 12lbs boost, Flyin' Ryan tuned.

New setup: 345 gen3 hemi, Manley forged pistons & rods, 6.1 crank, 6.1 heads, 6.1 cam, Ritter intake, 727 w/t-brake, BW S480 turbo, Holley dominator efi.

Still building: 5.7 based forged 392 stroker, custom cam, thitek heads, twin s480s, all the boost.

Lol from my experience I can tell you that you will lose. I am the one Ryan is talking about with the 2014 Ram 8spd. With just a touch of timing only and exhaust work I slowly walked away from a 2014 nag1 charger r/t to over 115mph. Around 120mph I stopped gaining. Truck aero for the loss. Anyways now we have done major fueling changes and more timing tweaks. Go run the guy and tell us how you did. It won't be pretty I can assure you
    390ci 11.13@120mph N/A

Carbs don't die....PCMs and 727's do

+ Reply to Thread