+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25
Results 601 to 615 of 615

Thread: 429 r block

  1. #601


    krs1r/t's Avatar
    want more inchs STROKE IT

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    vineland, nj
    Posts
    5,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikset View Post
    Very cool! Glad you're getting that beast ironed out, been quite a haul huh?
    My biggest problem is finding time anymore.
    It was hard to get it to hook launching over 4000rpm. But I think I got it figured out now. I think I can drop down from the et pro 315’s to the et street 275 pro’s now that I have good weight transfer. And pick up e.t. Also gonna install a 9” and may go down from a 4:56 to a 4:30 or so ratio.

    Bad Luck Truck
    Current setup
    „R„block 429ci W5 heads 700hp N/A
    1/8 mile #'s 6.54@104 1.39 60’ 10.43@129

    Old 1/4 numbers below with 408
    Fastest N/A 2010,2011,2014
    477-RWHP ?-RWTQ

    11.244 ET @ 119.71mph N/A
    FOXHOLE RACING
    "If you like me good, if you hate me, even better!"
    Chris

  2. #602
    niebs's Avatar
    Senior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    North DE
    Posts
    1,762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krs1r/t View Post
    My biggest problem is finding time anymore.
    It was hard to get it to hook launching over 4000rpm. But I think I got it figured out now. I think I can drop down from the et pro 315’s to the et street 275 pro’s now that I have good weight transfer. And pick up e.t. Also gonna install a 9” and may go down from a 4:56 to a 4:30 or so ratio.
    Are you still using factory location leaf hangers ?

  3. #603


    krs1r/t's Avatar
    want more inchs STROKE IT

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    vineland, nj
    Posts
    5,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niebs View Post
    Are you still using factory location leaf hangers ?
    Yup

    Bad Luck Truck
    Current setup
    „R„block 429ci W5 heads 700hp N/A
    1/8 mile #'s 6.54@104 1.39 60’ 10.43@129

    Old 1/4 numbers below with 408
    Fastest N/A 2010,2011,2014
    477-RWHP ?-RWTQ

    11.244 ET @ 119.71mph N/A
    FOXHOLE RACING
    "If you like me good, if you hate me, even better!"
    Chris

  4. #604
    niebs's Avatar
    Senior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    North DE
    Posts
    1,762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krs1r/t View Post
    Yup
    Moving the front mount higher in the chassis should help hook better.

  5. #605


    krs1r/t's Avatar
    want more inchs STROKE IT

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    vineland, nj
    Posts
    5,858

    Default

    403EC43E-AF6A-4209-8804-12348F8FC789.jpg
    10.43@129 last weekend.

    Have any of you guys seen this happen? It ended my day!
    4D48A00C-1076-404A-B5BF-DCB14E2AA702.jpg

    Bad Luck Truck
    Current setup
    „R„block 429ci W5 heads 700hp N/A
    1/8 mile #'s 6.54@104 1.39 60’ 10.43@129

    Old 1/4 numbers below with 408
    Fastest N/A 2010,2011,2014
    477-RWHP ?-RWTQ

    11.244 ET @ 119.71mph N/A
    FOXHOLE RACING
    "If you like me good, if you hate me, even better!"
    Chris

  6. #606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krs1r/t View Post
    403EC43E-AF6A-4209-8804-12348F8FC789.jpg
    10.43@129 last weekend.

    Have any of you guys seen this happen? It ended my day!
    4D48A00C-1076-404A-B5BF-DCB14E2AA702.jpg
    I have seen this happen but to my SS/E 428 Mustang about a thousand years ago. Best in that car was a 10.99 w a 6000 rpm hole shot (stick shift) and at 3200 lbs w me in it.
    That is one hell of a thumper you have in your truck.

  7. #607


    98Dak408's Avatar
    Supporting Vendor

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Detroit Area, Michigan
    Posts
    2,837

    Default

    Never seen that happen, but at least it wasn't a more serious problem.

  8. #608


    krs1r/t's Avatar
    want more inchs STROKE IT

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    vineland, nj
    Posts
    5,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 98Dak408 View Post
    Never seen that happen, but at least it wasn't a more serious problem.
    You sell a tried and true cap and rotor?

    Bad Luck Truck
    Current setup
    „R„block 429ci W5 heads 700hp N/A
    1/8 mile #'s 6.54@104 1.39 60’ 10.43@129

    Old 1/4 numbers below with 408
    Fastest N/A 2010,2011,2014
    477-RWHP ?-RWTQ

    11.244 ET @ 119.71mph N/A
    FOXHOLE RACING
    "If you like me good, if you hate me, even better!"
    Chris

  9. #609
    blackknight's Avatar
    Senior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    wapato, wa
    Posts
    6,877

    Default

    That happened to mine once, and I was told it was cause of the MSD box, but only that one time

  10. #610


    krs1r/t's Avatar
    want more inchs STROKE IT

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    vineland, nj
    Posts
    5,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackknight View Post
    That happened to mine once, and I was told it was cause of the MSD box, but only that one time
    I’m sure it was the msd box and hot coil. It happened during my burnout on my second pass. Hope that never happens again. Not knowing what was wrong I try a few times to start it and it backfired through the intake once and burned up my air filter��

    Bad Luck Truck
    Current setup
    „R„block 429ci W5 heads 700hp N/A
    1/8 mile #'s 6.54@104 1.39 60’ 10.43@129

    Old 1/4 numbers below with 408
    Fastest N/A 2010,2011,2014
    477-RWHP ?-RWTQ

    11.244 ET @ 119.71mph N/A
    FOXHOLE RACING
    "If you like me good, if you hate me, even better!"
    Chris

  11. #611


    98Dak408's Avatar
    Supporting Vendor

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Detroit Area, Michigan
    Posts
    2,837

    Default

    You sell a tried and true cap and rotor?
    Unfortunately, no I don't.

    It's hard to see from the photo, but did the plastic break down, or did the rivet just pop out?

  12. #612



    Senior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Corrales, New Mexico
    Posts
    17,966

    Default

    Nice...
    11.27 @ 118.23
    2017 NM Mopar Challenge Series Champion

  13. #613
    blackknight's Avatar
    Senior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    wapato, wa
    Posts
    6,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krs1r/t View Post
    I’m sure it was the msd box and hot coil. It happened during my burnout on my second pass. Hope that never happens again. Not knowing what was wrong I try a few times to start it and it backfired through the intake once and burned up my air filter��
    Could of just been a bad rotor or cap, not much of performance cap or rotors for these things

  14. #614


    krs1r/t's Avatar
    want more inchs STROKE IT

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    vineland, nj
    Posts
    5,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 98Dak408 View Post
    Unfortunately, no I don't.

    It's hard to see from the photo, but did the plastic break down, or did the rivet just pop out?
    Plastic had some distortion from heat. And rivet came out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adobedude View Post
    Nice...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blackknight View Post
    Could of just been a bad rotor or cap, not much of performance cap or rotors for these things
    I think I could buy a new distributor from msd with different style cap and rotor. But before I do that I’ll keep a spare with me at the track and see if it happens again

    Bad Luck Truck
    Current setup
    „R„block 429ci W5 heads 700hp N/A
    1/8 mile #'s 6.54@104 1.39 60’ 10.43@129

    Old 1/4 numbers below with 408
    Fastest N/A 2010,2011,2014
    477-RWHP ?-RWTQ

    11.244 ET @ 119.71mph N/A
    FOXHOLE RACING
    "If you like me good, if you hate me, even better!"
    Chris

  15. #615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krs1r/t View Post
    Plastic had some distortion from heat. And rivet came out.

    Thanks

    I think I could buy a new distributor from msd with different style cap and rotor. But before I do that I’ll keep a spare with me at the track and see if it happens again
    I'd keep a couple.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •