+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: D1 Bid for 2016 DRTC National Meet

Status
    Blog Entries

Default D1 Bid for 2016 DRTC National Meet

I have been asked once again to join with Jim (Ironsport1000) and His Wife Sabrina to put on another Nats. As much as I wanted to steer clear of the "D1 gets all the Nats " drama I saw no official proposal submitted from anyone else yesterday so here it go's .

Please keep this thread on topic if your coming here to argue fuss or fight about us doing another Nats I don't really care to hear it . If the board doesn't see this as a viable event then we D1 hoolies will just have a GTG in Carlisle not a big deal. But for the members who went to Carlise a few years ago for Nats you know it's a great event.

And for those that don't know this is one of the premier 3 day all Mopar events in the country !

I have spoken with Carlisle and they are thrilled we are considering them for our Nats this year . They have already pledged a $175 donation tent rental .

Carlisle has a Hotchkis sponsored and run autocross and we will be in contact with them to run a Dakota class on the Carlise track this year.

Jim will be heading up drag racing at the local track and we hope to lock in a dakota bracket there.

Sam is working with local hotel on rooms and catering for awards banquet .

And some of you meet Jen this yr (Sam's BFF) she's already sitting by a phone awaiting instruction to hustle up vendors for some really good giveaways before these company's close the books on donations in January .

2016 Nat’s Proposal
    Carlisle, Pennsylvania
    July 14th-18th
    Host Hotel- The Park Inn Harrisburg
    http://www.parkinn.com/harrisburgwestpa

Thursday
    • Travel day
    • Unofficial check in on the show field at Carlisle gates open at 7am.
    • Possible 1/8 mile test & tune.
    • Official check in at the Park Inn 5:30 pm
    http://carlisleevents.com/carlisle-e...s/default.aspx

Friday
    • 8:00 am -until TBD unofficial check in on the show fields at Carlisle.
    • 1/8 mile racing possible
    • Go Carts
    • Dirt track at Williamsgrove
    http://www.williamsgrove.com/

Saturday
    • Show field Day
    • 8:00 am Grilled burgers & dogs, sides, fixens and drinks available all day under the canopy.
    • Dakota class auto cross sponsored by Hotchkis
    • 6:00 to 8:00 catered awards ceremony.​Location TBD

Sunday
    • Awards at Carlisle
    • Check out
    Monday
    • Travel home day

**Optional Activities***

Here in the Cumberland Valley and the surrounding region, we know that there is nothing quite like the relationship between a man and his machine. Home to Carlisle Events, one of the world’s largest presenters of collector car and truck entertainment, we too have a soft spot for tricked-out, souped-up, meticulously-restored, jacked-up and everything in between automobiles.

Begin your journey at the York Harley Davidson Factory Tour. Learn about the production of these iconic bikes while viewing an introductory movie and sneaking a behind-the-scenes tour of York Vehicle Operations. You'll be guided through various manufacturing and assembly areas, watch as parts are manufactured and see freshly painted and chrome plated parts. Tours are free and take approximately one hour. Tours given Monday-Friday; check listing for more details.

Next, cruise over to the Rolls Royce Museum in Mechanicsburg. This museum and library is dedicated to Rolls-Royce and Bentley Motor Cars. The museum features an ever changing display of Rolls-Royce and Bentley Motor Cars from the American built 1929 Springfield Phantom I to a 1985 Silver Spirit. The library houses a wealth of information that can only be found in two places worldwide!

Take a scenic ride on route 233 to Twirly Top Drive-In for burgers and ice cream at this 1950’s restaurant. Or, check out TJ Rockwells for a large menu, outdoor deck and drink selection (try 66 different bottled beers and 17 draft beers on for size).

Spend your day navigating the winding back roads of scenic, neighboring Perry County. This rural area is home to fifteen covered bridges, all varying in age, length and condition. Some are still open to vehicle traffic while others are confined to foot traffic only.

Take Loop A for a shorter trip covering seven bridges or Loop B for an all-day excursion covering eight bridges and three wineries. Both loops take you to Little Buffalo State Park, which offers a variety of outdoor activities perfect for stretching your legs. Both loops also begin and end at the Carlisle Fairgrounds, making this trip a perfect addition to a car show weekend.

If you are an early riser, spend your morning at the Williams Grove Farmers Flea Market. Featuring ample parking and more than 450 vendor spots during the summer, this year-round market begins each Sunday at dawn. The grounds also feature special events including opportunities to conduct a steam engine, tractor pulls and an annual Steam Show including musical performances, steam engine and tractor parades, horse pulls and consignment sales. All proceeds benefit the Williams Grove Historic Steam Engine Association.

You’ll get a chance to press the pedal to the metal as you explore a venue just outside of the Cumberland Valley. Merge on the highway to clean your pistons or choose a scenic route for a more leisurely drive.

Cruise through time with antique automobiles, buses, motorcycles & more in unique scenes and settings at the Antique Automobile Club of America Museum. A changing exhibit gallery showcases everything from Model T’s to Muscle Cars.

Spend your afternoon exploring the U.S. Army Heritage and Education Center. This facility features a one-mile outdoor museum and trail that interprets the history of the U.S. Army with full-scale exhibits from the French and Indian War era through present. Inside, find an interactive exhibit that is suitable for all age groups.

Relax in your car while you catch the newest movie release at Cumberland Drive-in Theater. The theater shows double features Friday and Saturday nights, and has been showing movies under the stars since 1952.

This Nat is all about speed. Whether you’re going full-throttle, or taking in someone else cranking it up a notch, is a decision we’ll leave up to you.

The Eastern Museum of Motor Racing was founded by a small group of racing enthusiasts in 1975. Featuring dirt track racing memorabilia such as vintage race cars, artifacts and a research library, the museum also includes a wide variety of racing machines like stock cars, motorcycles, Indy cars, NASCAR and drag cars. About 20 minutes away! It has a small but awesome museum. Check out www.EMMR.org for more information.

Get your engine running at the nationally renowned Williams Grove Speedway. This half mile semi-banked clay oval track opened in 1939, and has hosted notable drivers including the World of Outlaws. Mechanicsburg only 20 minutes away from Carlisle. Summit Point Raceway is 1.5 hours from Carlisle.

If anyone is into road racing. Spend your afternoon at Quarter Aces Drag-O-Way, an eighth-mile drag strip that opened in 1962. Trial runs begin in the morning, with eliminations taking place in the afternoon.

Don’t forget about the kids……

Experience over 65 rides and attractions at the famous Hershey park, just a short drive from conveniently located Cumberland Valley hotels. Spend a day riding roller coasters or learning about their delicious chocolate treats. While in Hershey, journey to ZooAmerica. This North American Wildlife Park features 11-acres of zoo animals and living plants to explore.

Continue a wildlife adventure at Lake Tobias. The whole family will enjoy safari experiences with views of animals, birds and plants from around the world.

For a fairy tale adventure, head to Lancaster for a day at Dutch Wonderland. This “Kingdom for Kids” is home to 30 rides, a water play area and live entertainment for kids of all ages.

About 1.5 hours from Carlisle is Knoebels Amusement Resort. It’s FREE to get in and FREE parking – you just pay as you go for the rides or on weekdays you can get all-day wristbands. The park is about 100 years old but they also have new rides. It’s great for people who don’t ride rides because they can go 100% FREE – or if you just want to ride a couple of rides, just buy a few ride tickets. The food is also very good and affordable. A family of 4 can go to Knoebels and spend less than $100 (including food) and still have fun. I can’t say enough good things about the place. It’s a real trip back in time.
    http://www.knoebels.com/

​​

And the history buffs…..
    Start discovering the Revolutionary War at the museum inside the Cumberland County Historical Society. This museum has 16 galleries filled with military weaponry, folk art, wood-carvings, quilts, Carlisle Indian School artifacts, Revolutionary War related items, including Molly’s pitcher, and more. The research library houses documents and manuscripts dating back to 1785. TIP: Visit the outdoor courtyard and marvel at the mural that highlights pieces of Cumberland Valley’s history, which includes Molly Pitcher.
    After being inspired by Molly Pitcher’s heroic Revolutionary War story, visit her statue at the Old Public Graveyard in Carlisle. Then stop by the oldest public building in Carlisle, The First Presbyterian Church. This church was built between 1769 and 1772. James Wilson, Signer of the Declaration of Independence, belonged to this church as did many Revolutionary War officers. President George Washington also attended a service here in October 1794.​

Carlisle invites you to continue your Revolutionary War journey at the Carlisle Barracks. The Carlisle Barracks is the second-oldest Army post in the U.S. and was the Army’s supply headquarters during the Revolutionary War. The Barracks houses the Army War College, the Center for Strategic Leadership and the Hessian Powder Museum. Today, the magazine that was once a storage facility for sulfur, brimstone and other explosive material during the Revolutionary War has a variety of military artifacts and displays. Pick up a copy of the Self-Guided Walking Tour of the Carlisle Barracks at the Cumberland Valley Visitors Center. IMPORTANT: Visitors are required to show a photo driver's license, car registration and proof of car insurance. Passengers also need photo ID.

You can also explore the Redoubt Number 10 from the Revolutionary War siege of Yorktown on the Army Heritage Trail at USAHEC. This one-mile outdoor trail features full-scale reconstructions from the French and Indian War through the present.

Plan for a Revolutionary War themed weekend and uncover stories at area cemeteries and monuments. Big Spring Presbyterian Church’s Graveyard in Newville is the burial spot of Revolutionary soldiers. Also visit the Middle Spring Presbyterian Church Cemetery in Shippensburg to see the First War Memorial tablet that contains names of men from bounds of Middle Spring Church who fought in wars of the Colonial Revolution in 1812 and 1846 and the Second War Memorial in memory of the soldiers that are buried there who participated in the French and Indian War, the Revolutionary War, the War of 1812 and the Mexican War 1904.
    Visit the Carlisle Iron Works [behind the Grist Mill in Boiling Springs] to see where cannons were made and used during the Revolutionary War and Pine Grove Furnace State Park’s Iron Works Furnace, where George Washington’s Chief of Artillery, General Henry Knox, manufactured artillery shells.
    Explore related content for self-guided walking tours and other locations you may like to the right.
    The Gettysburg National Military Park is an easy day trip while staying in Cumberland Valley. The national park includes an interactive museum and visitors center with galleries, exhibits, bookstore, Refreshment Saloon, the famous Cyclorama painting and a 22-minute film title "A New Birth of Freedom."
    This new facility is designed to immerse visitors in the story of the Battle of Gettysburg and offer a new hands-on experience of the Civil War.
    After exploring the 139,000 sq. ft. facility visitors can travel outside on to the hallowed grounds of the Gettysburg Battlefields. Tours include self-guided and guided tours by van, bus, on horseback or Segway.

Optional Hotels recommended by Carlisle Events and Fairgrounds

Courtyard by Marriott Harrisburg West / Mechanicsburg

Courtyard by Marriott Harrisburg West / Mechanicsburg

Hampton Inn Harrisburg West

Comfort Suites Carlisle

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Carlisle, PA

Wingate by Wyndham Mechanicsburg

Hampton Inn Carlisle

Sleep Inn Carlisle

Econo Lodge Carlisle

Comfort Inn Mechanicsburg - Harrisburg South

Radisson Hotel Harrisburg

00 FR RC Dakota R/T Turbo 11.56@118

99 Amethyst RC Dakota R/T 1-170 13.84@98

P.I.E. tuned cause Flynn is for the Birds if you wanna Run Fast have some PIE !

Just call me George W

Status
    Blog Entries

As you can see we listed a lot of optional activities above .

If someone with kids is traveling a distance you could make this a week long trip and find lots to do in the areas around Carlise .

Hope we can all work together and make another memorable Nats this year I look forward to the boards repley . Please pm me so I can answer any of Shawn or however's running the shows questions about what we have planned .

Long live the DRTC

Fuck FB

Just call me George W

I like it!!! I say you roll with it. No one else except maybe D2 was even considering it. Mark down D1 as the winner imo.

"The journey is more fun than the destination"

DRTC Member #1146

Status

Hell yea chas! I'm down for round 2!!! Looks like you got a ton of possible events already lined up, lemme know if you need anything. Also, any 1/4 racing?

2002 Flame Red RC R/T
    272 RWHP 315 ft/lb TQ
    218/226 Comp Cam, Stage 1 Ported EQ Heads, PRW 1.6 Roller Rockers, PIE Custom Tune, Full spintech exhaust with 3" side exit, 52mm Holley, Ported Kegger, Viper E-Fan, Powerdemon Trans, Hotchkis Springs, Leafs and Sway Bars, R/T 20's, Gen 3 viper seats, Custom "Rejected" State Inspection Sticker
    Plenty More to come

Status

I'm down. I highly recommend Troegs for an optional acctivity too. http://www.troegs.com/visit/
    03 CC 4.7 NV3500

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Friggin' R/T View Post
    Also, any 1/4 racing?
    The track near Carlisle is 1/8 mile only. http://www.southmountainraceway.com/info/track/
    03 CC 4.7 NV3500

Status
    Blog Entries

Thanks Todd hope we can work together on making this reality.

Josh you know we will have Drag racing ! Might not be 1/4mile but it will still be awesome !
    Plus Autocross will be a lot of fun with several guys in Dakotas going up against each other !

Just call me George W

Status
    Blog Entries

Maybe an optional Pew Pew session at Shawn's folks place too ?

Just call me George W

Status

Sounds like fun!
    10.25 @131 SBE 5.9 360 turbo!!!

Check me out on YouTube - ThatTurboDakota

Status
    Blog Entries

Also just an FYI you if sign up now you'll save $11.00 off registration!!

After Dec 31st it's back to $55 and as it gets closer to show price jumps up again so get in now and pre register for a savings of 20% !!

Just call me George W

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RTchas View Post
    Maybe an optional Pew Pew session at Shawn's folks place too ?
    Probably special VIP invite only, but I could certainly set something up.
    03 CC 4.7 NV3500

Long live the DRTC

Fuck FB
    Amen to that! I'm marking my calender.........

99 BK RC R/T
    99 SY RC R/T
    98 IB RC R/T

Status

Great job Chas, looks like nobody else is interested in putting on the National meet, like Todd said its pretty much a go at this point!

Red trucks are faster

Status

As you can see we listed a lot of optional activities above .

If someone with kids is traveling a distance you could make this a week long trip and find lots to do in the areas around Carlise .

Fuck FB
    I agree with both of these statements completely!!!
    I really liked the area and wish I could of spent more time there.
    There is a real cool KOA there too!!
    Your problem isn't the problem. Your reaction is the problem.

http://www.dakotart.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=14597&dateline=143749  2005

want more inchs STROKE IT

Status

Nice job division 1 as usual!

Maybe I'll try and make this one. Lol

Bad Luck Truck
    Current setup
    „R„block 429ci W5 heads 700hp N/A
    1/8 mile #'s 6.47@105 1.37 60’ 10.23@131

Old 1/4 numbers below with 408
    Fastest N/A 2010,2011,2014
    477-RWHP ?-RWTQ

11.244 ET @ 119.71mph N/A
    FOXHOLE RACING
    "If you like me good, if you hate me, even better!"
    Chris

Hell yes, I'm all in on this
    - 99' Dodge Dakota R/T CC -
    - 1 of 4 R/T Moon roof trucks; that I've seen anyway. -
    - Stock Bed, Stock Tailgate. Coming soon...

- #1253 -

Quote Originally Posted by 1EVILR/T View Post
    Great job Chas, looks like nobody else is interested in putting on the National meet, like Todd said its pretty much a go at this point!
    ????? From what I've been reading, there's a group trying to put together one in Memphis. So I would say that there is some other interest

Muscle Of Love

Status

Quote Originally Posted by chase1500 View Post
    ????? From what I've been reading, there's a group trying to put together one in Memphis. So I would say that there is some other interest
    That's what I was thinking. Plus D2 was having it in TN to get these D1 hoolies to come down and play.

Status

Yes. you read it right!

Sabrina, Chas and I are shooting for a nats bid again. We are not trying to step on any toes with our bid for the 2016 DRTC nats just trying to get the ball rolling per the deadline set forth by the Prez. http://www.dakotart.com/forum/showth...t-bid-deadline

As Chas has said in our bid. This show will go on in one form or another. A big D1 get together or a DRTC national meet. Time will tell. We are hoping that the D2 meet bid comes to fruition as well as the D6/D7 bid and wish them the best of luck. Chas, Sam and I are game for a nats in TN.

BLACK '02 RC R/T (BLACK N BITTER) 12.5 @ 109 mph. Under the knife again.
    '99 IB RC R/T (Sabrina's truck) 13.8 @ 96 mph SOLD!
    '10 B5 blue pearl Challenger R/T Classic edition. Totaled!!! FML!!!
    '98 CC R/T Bought wrecked. Restoring it.
    '05 WRANGLER (DD)
    '05 HARLEY FXDCI

Maybe everyone could work together to pull off two on staggered dates and people can attend both if they want?

"The journey is more fun than the destination"

Status

Hold the ropes, Kevin submitted a Reno possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by ironsport1000 View Post
    Yes. you read it right!

Sabrina, Chas and I are shooting for a nats bid again. We are not trying to step on any toes with our bid for the 2016 DRTC nats just trying to get the ball rolling per the deadline set forth by the Prez. http://www.dakotart.com/forum/showth...t-bid-deadline

As Chas has said in our bid. This show will go on in one form or another. A big D1 get together or a DRTC national meet. Time will tell. We are hoping that the D2 meet bid comes to fruition as well as the D6/D7 bid and wish them the best of luck. Chas, Sam and I are game for a nats in TN.
    Jim. You know if this is a go, then I am in. The Memphis one would bring in RT owners I haven't met yet. Two meets in one summer could be fun.

Lurker

Status

More meets the better . Great start Chas, Jim and Sabrina

Josh - 98 BLK RC - Mad Milkshake Maker
    Previous
    99 BLK RC - Mad Trash Hauler - sold
    99 DA RC - mad dak - Danno Stole it
    01 SLVR RC - mad sexy - retired - then died
    99 IB RC - mad RT - gone to heaven..

Former Certified member of the 11 Second NA RT Club

Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !!

Status

works for me, I'll be there
    "the vast majority of the people on this website are such tight asses that they could probably squeeze out diamonds - but they'd never spend the money to buy the coal' - Steve F. 2012

"Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basho once wrote, "A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a doughnut with no hole is a Danish" - Ty Webb, 1980

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Jassole View Post
    works for me, I'll be there
    Hell, after the last one you had to have heart surgery. Maybe we should just send you pictures. lol.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast