+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fuel cell in Factory Location

Panty Dropper

Status

Default Fuel cell in Factory Location

Has anyone mounted a fuel cell in the stock factory location still utilizing the factory filler neck and fuel pump? Basically I am looking to replace my stock fuel tank with a much smaller one but I still want to use my stock filler neck location and pump if needed. Any suggestions would be great- Thanks
    Customized from head to toe. Truck Trend Magazine Favorite Show Truck From SEMA 2010, Featured in Truck Trend Mag Feb 2011, Feature Article CarAudio Mag and Featured in CarAudio Mag SEMA booth 2010. Truckin Magazine Full Feature issue 12, 2011 & Truckin Magazine Truck of the Year, Named 2012 Mopar Top Eliminator by Chrysler Corporation, Full feature and interview on Solo Films DVD Inspired Lifestyle. Sponsored by Memphis Car Audio, Tuff Stuff Performance, Taylor Wires, Viar Corp, Continental Tires, K&N, North Star Battery & Monzter MotorSports.

A Custom Truck is not created by how big your wallet is. It's the hands on effort you apply from your own ideas. Only then can it be called Custom-- Dynamic Installs

Status

don't see why not. I have not seen it but im sure its possible.

I like free kittens

Status

How small do you want? I have an OEM tank that only holds 12 gallons. I swapped it out for the 'standard' tank that holds 20.
    --Tom
    **Photobucket can suck my nut**

I'm a douchebag

Panty Dropper

Status

I just learned something new- Didn't even realize there was a 12 gallon smaller tank option for these trucks. Now my gears are turning- Although I do still like the idea of a nice clean square fuel cell, I'll have to look and see how much difference this 12 gallon tank is in size and placement compared to the 20
    Customized from head to toe. Truck Trend Magazine Favorite Show Truck From SEMA 2010, Featured in Truck Trend Mag Feb 2011, Feature Article CarAudio Mag and Featured in CarAudio Mag SEMA booth 2010. Truckin Magazine Full Feature issue 12, 2011 & Truckin Magazine Truck of the Year, Named 2012 Mopar Top Eliminator by Chrysler Corporation, Full feature and interview on Solo Films DVD Inspired Lifestyle. Sponsored by Memphis Car Audio, Tuff Stuff Performance, Taylor Wires, Viar Corp, Continental Tires, K&N, North Star Battery & Monzter MotorSports.

A Custom Truck is not created by how big your wallet is. It's the hands on effort you apply from your own ideas. Only then can it be called Custom-- Dynamic Installs

I like free kittens

Status

Pretty sure mine is still tucked away out there. I can go snag pics or dimensions if you want. It's pretty square.
    --Tom

I'm a douchebag

I like free kittens

Status

Just looked at my options report again. My apologies. It was a 15 gallon tank. My mind said it was a 12 because it always took 12 to fill when the fuel light came on.
    --Tom

I'm a douchebag

Panty Dropper

Status

Ok im still interested to see what it looks like

Panty Dropper

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Filbert View Post
    Just looked at my options report again. My apologies. It was a 15 gallon tank. My mind said it was a 12 because it always took 12 to fill when the fuel light came on.
    I found a photo of the 15 gallon and it is shorter where I need it to be. How much are you looking to get for it

I like free kittens

Status

Sent you a PM earlier today
    --Tom

I'm a douchebag

Panty Dropper

Status

Yours looks and is shaped just like this one correct?

Status

Question, most guys remove the stock tank to go to center of the ass end , weight distribution, exhaust rerouting , why put a smaller one in the same place ? Just curious

Panty Dropper

Status

Quote Originally Posted by blackknight View Post
    Question, most guys remove the stock tank to go to center of the ass end , weight distribution, exhaust rerouting , why put a smaller one in the same place ? Just curious
    Rear Air ride. The stock 22 gallin tank is too long and is very close to where I had to mount the rear shock. Smaller tank will give me more clearance

+ Reply to Thread