+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I need your input to vote for the vacant Div. 5 spot

Panty Dropper

Status

Default I need your input to vote for the vacant Div. 5 spot

Ok Div 5, We have two people on the poll to vote for to fill the vacant spot in our Division.

Please choose who you think will do the best job as I do not want to make the sole decision on my own without all of your input. Thanks

1) HSKR

2) CHRGR 340

Poll closes 11/21/15, I will cast my vote on 11/20/15 so be sure to chime in
    Customized from head to toe. Truck Trend Magazine Favorite Show Truck From SEMA 2010, Featured in Truck Trend Mag Feb 2011, Feature Article CarAudio Mag and Featured in CarAudio Mag SEMA booth 2010. Truckin Magazine Full Feature issue 12, 2011 & Truckin Magazine Truck of the Year, Named 2012 Mopar Top Eliminator by Chrysler Corporation, Full feature and interview on Solo Films DVD Inspired Lifestyle. Sponsored by Memphis Car Audio, Tuff Stuff Performance, Taylor Wires, Viar Corp, Continental Tires, K&N, North Star Battery & Monzter MotorSports.

A Custom Truck is not created by how big your wallet is. It's the hands on effort you apply from your own ideas. Only then can it be called Custom-- Dynamic Installs

OG DRTC

Status

Even if I don't get elected, I'd like to try and get some more regional events going. More than just posting about car shows in the Div, but actually planning something where we can get the members there. Not sure what everyone is into, or what would be considered a central location for active members. There is a 1/8 mile drag strip and road course 15 minutes from my house. The local car groups I participate in have set up events there so shouldn't be too hard to get something set up for DRTC. I don't see us having enough members to worry about renting the track just for ourselves. But they are more than happy to work with us by setting up a separate bracket class during the Saturday or Sunday points races. The road course runs Friday and Sunday with Saturday being private rentals. Sunday is the short course, costs less and speeds are lower.

There is also supposed to be an full 1/4 drag strip opening at an old airport next year in Onowa, IA which is about 45 minutes north of me.

For those who don't want to race the trucks, there is plenty to do in the area if we want to do something before or after racing. Could even get something set up at a local stereo shop to have the trucks on display for a promotional thing for them.

From my past experience as a Div rep in Div 7 and Chapter President for the California Chapter(back when there were chapters), I know it takes a lot of planning and lead time to give people time to request time off work and get things set up. The tracks are closed now, but could still get a date set with the manager of the track if we wanted to to that. They have a full time manager on salary. Another notable event is the local Mopar car show in May. They have had to change locations three times in past five years due to out growing the location. It now includes a small swap meet, and usually have a portable dyno on hand. They are known for having the biggest custom trophies in the area. Not your traditional trophy shop trophies.

This past years trophies.
    IMG_8887.jpg

Panty Dropper

Status

Come on Gang- Give me some input. So far I have had Zero (0) responses from anyone within Div. 5
    Customized from head to toe. Truck Trend Magazine Favorite Show Truck From SEMA 2010, Featured in Truck Trend Mag Feb 2011, Feature Article CarAudio Mag and Featured in CarAudio Mag SEMA booth 2010. Truckin Magazine Full Feature issue 12, 2011 & Truckin Magazine Truck of the Year, Named 2012 Mopar Top Eliminator by Chrysler Corporation, Full feature and interview on Solo Films DVD Inspired Lifestyle. Sponsored by Memphis Car Audio, Tuff Stuff Performance, Taylor Wires, Viar Corp, Continental Tires, K&N, North Star Battery & Monzter MotorSports.

A Custom Truck is not created by how big your wallet is. It's the hands on effort you apply from your own ideas. Only then can it be called Custom-- Dynamic Installs

OG DRTC

Status

Other than. This thread and posting in the poll thread what have you done to reach out to the current division members? Get list of their emails addresses for Secretary and send out some emails. There should be no reason a div rep can't get a lit of names and contact info for their own division. I've always found you get more response from emails. Especially in this day and age of smart phones where they check email from phone, but might not check forum.

+ Reply to Thread