+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: What can we do to get this site kicking again?

"Bleach Master"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by CNTHOOK View Post
    Are you the one with the ls1dak website?
    No that is Brian Esser, cool dude who i talk to all the time on facebook.
    This signature has been deleted thanks to photobucket!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by SB440R/T View Post
    That was on motor, like I said. On Nitrous it went 10.77, but I still don't think it was right on nitrous. It has pills in it for a 400 shot of nitrous. The adapters on the elbows knocked it down to like a 100 maybe, I don't really know.
    That's impressive.
    1999 Dakota LS-swap. Fastest NA 5.9/6.0 full-weight CC. 12.76 at 109.9.
    2000 Durango ZL1 AWD.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by slammedR/T View Post
    Funny how time changes memories. Brain Esser claimed the moniker of LS Dakota, fought it on this site a few years ago, and got his ass handed to him. Never actually put an LS engine in a dakota, and now has some garage-sale small block chevy in it.....last time I saw pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Esser View Post
    lol you'll spend a hell of a lot more to do it, and then some simple bolt-ons and you're back to chasing tail lights.

"Oh hey. look at me, I'm in the 12's and all I did was spend $600 on bolts ons"...

Seriously, just stop before you make yourself look even worse. We get it, you like the brick that is the 360. Enjoy blowing 50% more to go only slightly faster than a stock LS. Sure, you will get your clock cleaned, but, then you can brag you lost with all Magnum power....

http://www.dakotart.com/forum/showth...-etc-etc/page2
    1999 Dakota LS-swap. Fastest NA 5.9/6.0 full-weight CC. 12.76 at 109.9.
    2000 Durango ZL1 AWD.

"Bleach Master"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by casias View Post
    Funny how time changes memories. Brain Esser claimed the moniker of LS Dakota, fought it on this site a few years ago, and got his ass handed to him. Never actually put an LS engine in a dakota, and now has some garage-sale small block chevy in it.....last time I saw pictures.

http://www.dakotart.com/forum/showth...-etc-etc/page2
    Funny how I'm not in that thread( was prolly banned) but his only supporters were racemagnum members.......

Quote Originally Posted by slammedR/T View Post
    Cool thanks. I just remembered a fuel system he build using the stock supply as a return I do believe.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Filthy Filbert
    Nope. No engineers here. We're all just a buncha dum red neck monkeys scratching our asses and flinging poo at each other, wondering why our magnums are slow, expensive, and can't get good MPGs

Well, I just saw this thread after almost 4 months scouring the site. I am a new member and new to Mopars. let me say I did not read this entire thread and my idea may have been voiced already. Also, I know nothing of the "Forum skirmish" from the past. I was treated very kindly when I asked the question of can a 12 second Dakota be made street able. From my perspective, most of the contributors have deep experience with the Dakota and it is far ranging and by that I mean from the 9 second trucks to the 15 second ones.
    What was missing on this forum that would have helped me on what to include for a build, w(ith the exception of signature add -ons such as Lone Soldier has and a couple others) were the summary of pieces that went into achieving particular times. The heavy hitters actually contribute more than the middle of the road ones but I think that is where most of these R/T's reside.

One has to go pretty far ranging to begin to get a modicum of ideas from these middle of the road builds and by that I mean the 12,13 and14 second groups. I received a ton of info by pm'ing people who were gracious enough to respond to a newbie which leads me to another part of this discussion.

A lot of people on this forum have been here for a long time. These trucks ended in 2003. Interest has waxed and waned. What was new to most of the veterans years ago has become old hat for most now. Believe me, I know what it means to want to go faster and faster. There is an excitement in the "big builds" and not so much for the medium builds and yet, these very fast guys are the mainstay contributors. I give guys like Slammed, Adobe, krs1 R/T and of course our leader White R/T to name a few, having to answer questions that might roll their eyes, a lot of credit as they lived my point of R/T existence a long time ago. Where I am, there is only a smattering of contributors. Even as a "beginner" with Mopar, I'm very excited about my R/T (even as slow as it is now) and this forum can lend to that excitement. I once asked what 4.56's do through the traps rpm wise on these trucks with a bolt on build. Only 3 people responded but I know there are several "medium build" guys on this forum that have that gear set with just simple bolt ons. Of course bigger builds with higher rpm capabilities are going to go through with higher rpms but no one answered that has simple bolt ons.

New guys live at the beginning. If we took a consensus as to what type of owners we have, we may be able to target points of interest more accurately and thus lend to a larger audience.
    Last edited by arro222; 10-16-2016 at 11:39 PM.

I just read the entire post. Lots of good chatter, some getting off topic. Facebook for me was short lived but possibly a good tool to send people here to the site.

Nobody mentioned Instagram. I am a bit of a photographer and I have been on there for just over four years. There are a lot of automotive enthusiasts on there posting awesome photos dedicated to vehicle specific models to everything Mopar. Use Instagram to catch the attention of other Dakota Durango owners. There are a shit ton of excellent photos on this site that could and should be put out there on Instagram. I can easily set one up and share the login details with the exec board here if they're interested.

Same with a YouTube channel. Gathering up and putting together a collection of new and classic videos on there and again directing people to the site.
    Thanks

On Tapatalk, I have used it for other forums. When it works it's very handy but I have had more bug issues rendering it annoying so I avoid using it.

Then there is Twitter. It ranks up there with Facebook.

Stuff like an annual calendar photo contest. The TOTQ is great, I didn't know about it until I was nominated but I've only been back on here for a short time.

I'm back on here because I see the potential this truck has or could have in the future. I go to the local show 'n shine with the local hot rodders and I'm the young guy at 43 with a '99 Dakota slightly customized. I hover around and listen to people and they like and remember these trucks. I would like to see more Dakota's at car shows as I might be entering mine next season. I can guarantee my Dakota will be the on,y one there. It's kinda sad as I remember going to a Mopar show in Bellingham with seven other R/T's rolling down the highway together along with other vintage Mopar's. It was really something to be seen. I think we had close to 20 Dakota's at the show in every colour (color) and is something I will never forget. That was my first car show that I was entered into. I hope I can get some local guys here to join me or at least make it to some shows and as always my friends to the south are welcome to come on up for a visit.

Cheers

Whiplash Engine & Machine, FRP Tuned
    Instagram moderator for dakota_rt_club

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggsy72 View Post
    Same with a YouTube channel. Gathering up and putting together a collection of new and classic videos on there and again directing people to the site.
    This is a great idea. An official dakotart.com YouTube Channel that mirrors videos people put on their personal channels, as well as hosting videos for people who don't want to bother with personal YT channels. Link to the personal channels if desired (where appropriate), and to this site. Ideally in some catchy opening or ending sequences that create uniformity (like how Sargon ends all his videos with the same theme and closing thoughts and often opens them the same way too).

Yep! (#FreeMilo!)

Stuff like an annual calendar photo contest.
    Another great idea.
    2003 Black CC R/T, 1 of (less than) 376

I've got the ball rolling on Instagram. It's doing well for being two weeks old. It's starting to catch attention, finding other R/T guys and custom Dakota's. I try to maintain a certain standard of quality so there won't be any in your face boobs and booty as there are other groups that cover that format.

If you don't have Instagram you can view it here through the web: http://www.pictaram.com/user/dakota_rt_club/4053195356

Whiplash Engine & Machine, FRP Tuned
    Instagram moderator for dakota_rt_club

Status

I always thought getting a nice dakota r/t on smoking tire for a cruise with matt giving his thoughts on the truck would be a good way to get some attention. Not sure how comfortable he would be in a reg cab but im sure he would like it in a well rounded truck. Not that it would bring a lot of people here but surprisingly not a lot of people know much of these trucks and we could see more people buying them if he approves lol

Quote Originally Posted by usedandabused02 View Post
    I always thought getting a nice dakota r/t on smoking tire for a cruise with matt giving his thoughts on the truck would be a good way to get some attention. Not sure how comfortable he would be in a reg cab but im sure he would like it in a well rounded truck. Not that it would bring a lot of people here but surprisingly not a lot of people know much of these trucks and we could see more people buying them if he approves lol
    Big Muscle maybe, but to be totallt honest, Farrah is a toolbox that doesn't know good from shit (and doesn't ever fit in anything). Musto is a car guy's car guy, he'd do us justice. They've done some pretty disparate and cool things on Big Muscle. (including a pretty cool Chevy Apache street rod canyon carver, and he really liked the Lil' Red Express he showcased too)

RCR got his hands on one. I'm nervous about the result, but we're still waiting on that. He's got the POV video up, but then spent the entire time geeking out over marching band shit. lol
    2003 Black CC R/T, 1 of (less than) 376

"Bleach Master"

Status

I just read the entire post. Lots of good chatter, some getting off topic. Facebook for me was short lived but possibly a good tool to send people here to the site.

Nobody mentioned Instagram. I am a bit of a photographer and I have been on there for just over four years. There are a lot of automotive enthusiasts on there posting awesome photos dedicated to vehicle specific models to everything Mopar. Use Instagram to catch the attention of other Dakota Durango owners. There are a shit ton of excellent photos on this site that could and should be put out there on Instagram. I can easily set one up and share the login details with the exec board here if they're interested.

Thanks

On Tapatalk, I have used it for other forums. When it works it's very handy but I have had more bug issues rendering it annoying so I avoid using it.

Stuff like an annual calendar photo contest. The TOTQ is great, I didn't know about it until I was nominated but I've only been back on here for a short time.

I'm back on here because I see the potential this truck has or could have in the future. I go to the local show 'n shine with the local hot rodders and I'm the young guy at 43 with a '99 Dakota slightly customized. I hover around and listen to people and they like and remember these trucks. I would like to see more Dakota's at car shows as I might be entering mine next season. I can guarantee my Dakota will be the on,y one there. It's kinda sad as I remember going to a Mopar show in Bellingham with seven other R/T's rolling down the highway together along with other vintage Mopar's. It was really something to be seen. I think we had close to 20 Dakota's at the show in every colour (color) and is something I will never forget. That was my first car show that I was entered into. I hope I can get some local guys here to join me or at least make it to some shows and as always my friends to the south are welcome to come on up for a visit.

Cheers
    This was true for me Saturday, my truck got a lot of attention from the muscle car guys at the track. there was a guy there with an old coronet drag car and he kept looking and asking me about my truck. It was unexpected because I'm like you have a 1970 coronet drag car bud.....

Status

True Matt doesnt do much wrenching himself lol just thinking of publicity more or less. I dont do much social media this is as far as ive been really and nothing special on my truck to do many youtube videos but i like to watch, professional spectator

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6