+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What can we do to get this site kicking again?

Muscle Of Love

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Steve '02CC View Post
    Kinda off topic, but about 5 years ago I knew someone who was a VW fan and told me about an upcoming meet in Daytona Beach, and I decided to go see it. It was really fun because there had to be between 100-200 Bugs and vans all around decked out in different ways. My favorite was a Scooby-Doo Mystery Machine van. It was a groovy event!
    Hmmmm maybe we will have some Dakota owners roll up on our misfit selves this weekend in Ocala.

Steve look in their vehicles for sale section, the answer is obvious.....the first 6 threads have 3 ssr below 5k miles and asking 35 grand!!!!!!!!! There was an rt with 700 miles about 18 months ago the guy couldn't give away. Bottom line is those people give a shit about the condition of their ssr trucks, our trucks I bet 70% of them are hammered to the point an ssr guy would consider it an embarrassment to ride in let alone own. The bottom line is the actions of a few execs in years past seems to be the reiterated theme both here and fb for people not wanting to have a thing to do with the drtc. Not sure that's fixable since the majority have moved on and have no desire to come back

"The journey is more fun than the destination"

Muscle Of Love

Status

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRT View Post
    Steve look in their vehicles for sale section, the answer is obvious.....the first 6 threads have 3 ssr below 5k miles and asking 35 grand!!!!!!!!! There was an rt with 700 miles about 18 months ago the guy couldn't give away. Bottom line is those people give a shit about the condition of their ssr trucks, our trucks I bet 70% of them are hammered to the point an ssr guy would consider it an embarrassment to ride in let alone own. The bottom line is the actions of a few execs in years past seems to be the reiterated theme both here and fb for people not wanting to have a thing to do with the drtc. Not sure that's fixable since the majority have moved on and have no desire to come back
    Let's try and change it one last time? We learned from our mistakes, update the site some with the times.

GPz550 Addict

Status

I purchased my R/T from a Member here, all I have learned about my R/T the information came from here, any part upgrades/recommendations came from here, all other R/T Members I have met from here, any meets I have been to (OK just one) I heard about it from here... Seeing a pattern? I see the FB Page, and have joined, but I see it as more like a chat room, for instant responses, because now-a-days more people check FB before they check their e-mail. I am on there, but have used it less and less over the years. I have seen how ugly my past girlfriends have aged, and have reconnected with a lot of older friends on FB, but sites like this should be here to stay.

Getting a few sarcastic replies from here are common, probably because it's all been done/asked before, and maybe a little due to the nature of the questions like "What oil do I use?". I agree, more should search before they ask, and you can tell them, but today everyone wants to know the answer. No one wants to buy a service manual, and read it. I have the whole set of them for my 2000, and refer to them a lot, but I am not everyone. I do see a lot of the same questions asked here, so I just pass onto. If there is anything I think that information useful to someone, I'll write about it. For instance, my smog issue was an sys opener, and so was replacing the rear calipers and rotors on my SSBS rear Disc Brake Kit.

I do like to see what others have done through pictures when they do repairs, or upgrades. That makes it interesting to read and see. The more miles I put on mine, I wonder what I will be doing next, before I have done everything. Aagin all of this is just me, but if I want a n answer to a technical question, I'll visit this place first, because chances are, it has been done before and posted here.

Nothing against the Facebook Page, and I know it is there, but it will be my third go-to place if needed, after the factory service manual, and after asling here.
    DRTC #1176

2000 Bright White CC (1/553)
    Dyno'ed 07/05/13 (126,000 Miles) 230 Hp / 308 Tq
    14.6 @ 93 mph (2.18 60 ft.), 4130 lbs.(1/2 tank gas)
    Truck Pictures --> http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v9...Clough/Dakota/

1985 Kawasaki GPz550
    2003 SV650S (Race)
    1973 W100 Powerwagon

Mater: I don’t need to know where I’m goin’, I just need to know where I been!

v14 Mopar Mullet

Status

I hope it is fixable, but if it isn't it just shows how important it is to work to bring new owners into the club.

Status

I'd brand the Facebook page - or do we create a DRTC one specific, heck that might create a marketing tool instead of just changing the current one. People might be go hey... There IS a club.

At least link the current one.
    Look into tapatalk. I think of myself as pretty technically advanced. Technology is in my title at work... But I can't say I've used tapatalk.
    - Josh

2000 Solar Yellow R/T - Cam Only Truck
    1987 Buick Regal T-Type - WE4 and Blackout
    2008 GMC 1500 Quad Cab
    1989 Jeep YJ - Real Jeeps have Square Headlights
    1971 Buick Skylark - LS SWAP THE WORLD

v14 Mopar Mullet

Status

I'd think it would be easier to repurpose an already established, and active, Dakota RT Facebook group than it would be to create a brand new one that would compete with an already established group.

AutoZone Perfomance Parts

Status

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRT View Post
    I'd be embarrassed to drive an SSR with 1 mile on it

Mods - TB Spacer, Short Throw Dipstick, Performance Auto Zone Intake "0.30 over bore", R/T Cam, Performance Chip, Radiator Delete

Rev limiter? that's what valve springs are for!

Status

I'd think it would be easier to repurpose an already established, and active, Dakota RT Facebook group than it would be to create a brand new one that would compete with an already established group.
    It absolutely would. But a little weird. But very easy.
    - Josh

2008 GMC 1500 Quad Cab

AutoZone Perfomance Parts

Status

Quote Originally Posted by BluRT00 View Post
    It's called the Mopar tax mixed with the Dakota tax. It blows, and in time things will get cheaper for these trucks I'm sure. Hell FlyinRyan is trying to put a turbo kit together for our trucks.
    I't only 10 times more expensive than a set of LS turbo headers, a set of forward facing cheapo's with a vband would be the way to go.

Mods - TB Spacer, Short Throw Dipstick, Performance Auto Zone Intake "0.30 over bore", R/T Cam, Performance Chip, Radiator Delete

Rev limiter? that's what valve springs are for!

"Bleach Master"

Status

I'm a dick on FB pages because 95% of the people there are total dumb fucks!!! how they live and breath everyday is beyond me. Only a handful of people on there get my un-sarcastic attention when an actual legible and intelligently asked question comes along.

Also I'm Chad Spicer on there and your welcome
    This signature has been deleted thanks to photobucket!

"Bleach Master"

Status

Make a new FB page and have it moderated according to brain level as the current pages are full of trolls and retards

Status

Quote Originally Posted by slammedR/T View Post
    Make a new FB page and have it moderated according to brain level as the current pages are full of trolls and retards
    I'm with that guy. It's kind of the "intelligent" page. But a bit more of the club atmosphere.
    - Josh

2008 GMC 1500 Quad Cab

Status

I check into the forum everyday an learn a lot of info off here... I also have no fb an it the forum goes that way I'll kno nothing obout the rt's

Muscle Of Love

Status

Good suggestions guys.

v14 Mopar Mullet

Status

Quote Originally Posted by slammedR/T View Post
    I'm a dick on FB pages because 95% of the people there are total dumb fucks!!! how they live and breath everyday is beyond me.
    When I swap out my v6 and 42re with the v8 and 46re what modifications are needed so that my cup holder will still work? I heard that the little arms need stronger springs to handle the g-forces.

"Bleach Master"

Status

When I swap out my v6 and 42re with the v8 and 46re what modifications are needed so that my cup holder will still work? I heard that the little arms need stronger springs to handle the g-forces.
    I suggest you find a bridge and jump off it, your welcome.

v14 Mopar Mullet

Status

Quote Originally Posted by slammedr/t View Post
    i suggest you find a bridge and jump off it, your welcome.
    lol

---Under Construction---

Status

If people would start posting up stuff they are doing to their trucks (with pictures), it would give us something to read. I am guilty of it too though.

My R/T build (rebuild) thread

http://www.dakota-durango.com/forum/...d.php?t=133167
    Quote Originally Posted by 70Cuda383 View Post
    It's an emissions thing. someone, somewhere said that the millions of gallons of gas that evaporate to the atmosphere every year was killing tree frogs on some south african isalnd or some shit, those endangered tree frogs can suck my left nut.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kingst3r View Post
    If people would start posting up stuff they are doing to their trucks (with pictures), it would give us something to read. I am guilty of it too though.
    I'll drink a little tonight and see what I can come up with..
    - Josh

2008 GMC 1500 Quad Cab

Quote Originally Posted by KTK00R/T View Post
    I'll drink a little tonight and see what I can come up with..
    Uh oh. No good can come of this.

"The Dakota" 1995 RC Dakota 5.9 NV3500 Just hauls ass

"The Dinggo" 5.2 Hauls the family

Muscle Of Love

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kingst3r View Post
    This weekend a bunch of us are getting together. So there will be plenty of pictures of some R/T's and Dakota's for you guys to look at.

Muscle Of Love

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 1995dak View Post
    Hopefully he isn't one of those guys that enjoy's taking selfies of his down low. No one want's to see that.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by BluRT00 View Post
    Hopefully he isn't one of those guys that enjoy's taking selfies of his down low. No one want's to see that.
    That's not what you said to me on FB
    - Josh

2008 GMC 1500 Quad Cab

Under Construction..Again

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 1995dak View Post
    What do you mean? This is when some of the most interesting engineering ideas are created.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast