+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bogarts on an 03.

Default Bogarts on an 03.

I know Ive asked this once already on delphi and I know a 16" is the only thing that works without modifying anything. Im difficult though so here goes.

I'd like to run QTP's along with Bogart Billet Lites with matching skinnies in front. Only problem is Hoosier doesn't make a 16 inch front skinny. So Im on a quest to figure out what I need to do to fit the 15's all the way around.

Is it the circumfrence of the rotor or is it the caliper that gets in the way. Did anything change with the front which will prevent a 15 inch from fitting? I've heard of Ram guys grinding down their rotors to allow the use of a 16 inch drag wheel. Anybody know if the same thing applies to our trucks? If a little grinding is all it takes then I'm all over it. Thanks

Id like to help you out but i dont know either but i would like to know as well. Id love to get a set for the rear at some point. I know its the caliper that gets in the way with the 15x8 dakota/durango wheels.

make it bigger STROKE IT

Status

03s suck for drag tire selection. i'm stuck with stock 17's w 325 m&h

Forged 408 12.10 @ 111mph under the knife again

Oh ya it's that fast!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by slvr03dakrt View Post
    03s suck for drag tire selection. i'm stuck with stock 17's w 325 m&h
    I thought the M&H 325's work absolutely killer on the track?

That is what I am going to run this year i hope they hook.

I don't think anyone knows for sure what needs to be trimmed to use Bogarts on an 03 truck. I talked to Sam P a couple of years ago and offered to take my 03 Black CC R/T down to Bogart's new shop in Arizona, but I said that I expected to be compensated in some fashion for such a trip (ie: discounted or freebie wheels) - never heard back; dunno if he just never bothered checking with Bogart or whether they just weren't interested if it wasn't free.

I ended up buying a set of 16" OEM wheels and used 275/50-16 M&H drag radials - that's the set Clint has (had?) for sale.
    SinCity R/T
    01 SV CC R/T * 03 BK CC R/T * 03 BW RC R/T * 98 BK RC R/T * 99 DA CC R/T * 03 BW CC R/T

If they hit the caliper then you may be able to space the wheel out to clear.

I still have the 16" M&H setup for sale. I had a few bites but most want just the tires and not the rims.

Out of curosity, what PSI are you runnin on those 325s and how long are your burnouts? Ive got a set of 17" RT rims to run at the track and I will be gettin a set of those 325s in the spring. Also, what do the 325/50/17s look like on a stock suspension truck? Will they look really small/out of place? The fronts are 255/55s.

R/Tless...for now

Status

Quote Originally Posted by superbeeman69 View Post
    Out of curosity, what PSI are you runnin on those 325s and how long are your burnouts? Ive got a set of 17" RT rims to run at the track and I will be gettin a set of those 325s in the spring. Also, what do the 325/50/17s look like on a stock suspension truck? Will they look really small/out of place? The fronts are 255/55s.
    Mine have worked best at 25psi, with a light burnout. They're the same height as your 255/55's, and just a lil bit wider, so they'll look fine. I run mine with 255/50's up front (27") and they look good.

-Dave-
    '01 QC 4x4 33s
    '98 RC V6

Yeah they do suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rtspeeddemon View Post
    I thought the M&H 325's work absolutely killer on the track?

That is what I am going to run this year i hope they hook.
    They are killer but I like the look of Bogarts.

Ive got an M1, GS Headers and exhaust, Viper Fan, FIPK, and those slicks I was cuttin a 8.90 in the 8th form a 9.17.

Disassembly or the rear brakes is definitely outta the question though. I dunno I guess I'll just suck it up and sport the 325's.

+ Reply to Thread