+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Frequently asked directory

Status

Default Frequently asked directory

When I first joined the club forum, I was astonished by the amount of support I received from everyone. It seemed that no matter the problem, small or large, there was a solution. And there was another member eager to help. As time went on I became lazier, leaving all the mystery to be answered by the club. That's when I noticed I couldnt receive the help and information that had once been readily available to me. I had been asking questions, that had been asked a hundred times before. Yes, I'm guilty of it. But the problem is how difficult even the simplest information can be to find. The questions are easily accessible with a quick google search. But you'll have to sift through the dozens of threads and hundreds of sarcastic and condescending comments to find an answer. People are just plain annoyed. Now, armed with knowledge and experience of my own, I'm a viable 'problem solver' myself. That being said, I can empathize and honestly say: I can't fucking stand to explain to another new member, why a timing light won't work. I believe by starting a 'frequently asked' answer directory, we can all benefit. One; by not having to answer the same damn questions daily. Two; It would ultimately grow and evolve into a small library of information we could all learn from. And I don't mean a half baked faq forum. Although it does contains a wealth of knowledge already, it's far to deep and confusing. I mean an organized sticky, with the most common q&a, readily and easily accessible, and explained in full detail. Has this not ever been proposed before? Can we make it happen?
    1999 Soler Yeller Zcode RegCab.
    Shaved
    Dropped
    Manual Swapped

Lurker

Status

It's a good idea - the question is how to organize it from our sub sections....compiling that amount of data might be right up someone's sleeve. 99% of what you are proposing can likely be compiled from this site. Maybe a subsection with links. If you feel like kicking this off maybe start with a list of what you would consider "faqs". I'd be happy to help figure out how to organize it / create a new sub section.

Josh - 98 BLK RC - Mad Milkshake Maker
    Previous
    99 BLK RC - Mad Trash Hauler - sold
    99 DA RC - mad dak - Danno Stole it
    01 SLVR RC - mad sexy - retired - then died
    99 IB RC - mad RT - gone to heaven..

Former Certified member of the 11 Second NA RT Club

I like free kittens

Status

I believe Tim is already working on something like this but not sure how he was going to compile the info
    --Tom
    **Photobucket can suck my nut**

I'm a douchebag

Status

Great thinking, I like your idea! Tim is compiling a thread about parts and part numbers, the 2 will go hand and hand

Status

That is also a great idea! And I've love to help however I can. I'll try to compile my own list of factoids, for a start, and see if we can't put our heads together and make something happen. I believe one of the major downfalls in the mopar world is the lack of available parts and information.
    1999 Soler Yeller Zcode RegCab.
    Shaved
    Dropped
    Manual Swapped

+ Reply to Thread