Best Run in Dak: 10.89 @ 126.79
    DRTC Member #1092

The one in your avatar
    408, HiPoTek, FRP Tuning, Martin Saine 46re
    12.33 @ 110
    2018 Renegade Raceway Summit Series Sportsman Champion

Quote Originally Posted by mikset View Post
    The one in your avatar
    Sold it as a roller and sold his 410 after life took a giant shit on him.

Congrats on the new job Jason. Saw the post on FB the other day. Don't be a stranger brother
    2000 CC
    11.37@122

Status

No need to LS swap that one lol!
    Dig the G8's,bad ass family sedan!

Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by huskerrt79 View Post
    2009 Pontiac G8
    Little 6.0 LS
    Cam only.... 446 rwhp/ 406 rwtq

G8.jpgG83.jpgG81.jpgG82.jpg

those are really rare, treasure it. nice ride
    "the vast majority of the people on this website are such tight asses that they could probably squeeze out diamonds - but they'd never spend the money to buy the coal' - Steve F. 2012

"Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basho once wrote, "A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a doughnut with no hole is a Danish" - Ty Webb, 1980

Status

If I find a nice one I'm dumping my Dakota in a heartbeat for it! Sweet ride!

Nice car.... for a 4 door. lol (sorry, I just have a thing against 4 doors) I wish they'd called that Bonneville instead of trying to use this alphanumeric shite. The G6 coupe was nice for a front driver too, but again, that should have been Grand Prix (and G5 should have been Grand Am, or brought the Canadian Pursuit name to the US) I bet Bob Putz was behind that. He was on a quest to kill the tin Indians. Bastard. ("Pontiac needs a sporty cheap car, let's make a roadster" - ok, brilliant idea, the Solstice rocked "let's give a more aggressively styled version to Saturn" - wtf!!!?! And "Firebird and Trans Am cost money by self-competing against camaro", wait, but Kappa twins don't?! A wagon version of the Commodore/G8 was brought up and Putz "there's no room in the US for a sport wagon", um... Caddy has one now. Or his famous "diesel regs are too strict, it won't be something manufacturers can economically manage", then dozens of new diesels from other companies crop up. )

er.... anyway, yeah, sweet car! I like the color too. Sort of reminiscent of Dakota IB.
    2003 Black CC R/T, 1 of (less than) 376

Majestic Motorsports

Status

Quote Originally Posted by y2krtaf View Post
    Thanks man

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Jassole View Post
    those are really rare, treasure it. nice ride
    Quote Originally Posted by blackknight View Post
    If I find a nice one I'm dumping my Dakota in a heartbeat for it! Sweet ride!
    Id still like to have my old red sled..

Quote Originally Posted by Dark(a)RT View Post
    Nice car.... for a 4 door. lol (sorry, I just have a thing against 4 doors) I wish they'd called that Bonneville instead of trying to use this alphanumeric shite. The G6 coupe was nice for a front driver too, but again, that should have been Grand Prix (and G5 should have been Grand Am, or brought the Canadian Pursuit name to the US) I bet Bob Putz was behind that. He was on a quest to kill the tin Indians. Bastard. ("Pontiac needs a sporty cheap car, let's make a roadster" - ok, brilliant idea, the Solstice rocked "let's give a more aggressively styled version to Saturn" - wtf!!!?! And "Firebird and Trans Am cost money by self-competing against camaro", wait, but Kappa twins don't?! A wagon version of the Commodore/G8 was brought up and Putz "there's no room in the US for a sport wagon", um... Caddy has one now. Or his famous "diesel regs are too strict, it won't be something manufacturers can economically manage", then dozens of new diesels from other companies crop up. )

er.... anyway, yeah, sweet car! I like the color too. Sort of reminiscent of Dakota IB.

To each his own. I personally dont like two doors. Why not have four and still be faster than most two doors. If it has backseats, it was meant to have four doors.
    Sales Manager at Majestic Motorsports

712 rwhp, 650 rwtq 2009 Pontiac G8

Best Run in Dak: 10.89 @ 126.79
    DRTC Member #1092

AutoZone Perfomance Parts

Status

I like those G8's! Do I smell a turbo LS?

Suck's the toy's are gone man, but stick around, I'll be needing some Boost experts with my build.

Mods - TB Spacer, Short Throw Dipstick, Performance Auto Zone Intake "0.30 over bore", R/T Cam, Performance Chip, Radiator Delete

Rev limiter? that's what valve springs are for!

Quote Originally Posted by y2krtaf View Post
    Be funny to do a forced induction Magnum swap into it to really implode some heads. lol

To each his own. I personally dont like two doors. Why not have four and still be faster than most two doors. If it has backseats, it was meant to have four doors.
    Well, to answer your question; Because sedans are just wagons with less space, and wagons are just 70s era minivans. So for me it has always come off as I should be looking at walkers if I was driving a sedan.

I disagree that 4 seats = 4 doors. Plenty of room for my 6'2" frame in the back seat of my Trans Am, even behind my driver's seat in my driving position. Only headroom would make an issue for a cross-state trip. But an hour? 4 adults are no problem at all.

And if you had something even larger, like a 68 Charger or GTO or Plymouth GTX, even better.

I'm partial to the GT car - 4 usable seats, 2 (long) doors, FR or awd, all the amenities and comforts, great ride, but enough power and grip to tear your face off after putting a smile on it, while terrifying your passengers when the mood strikes. lol

I might actually break my own 'rule' one day with a truck or SUV, because I could be ok with a QC Dak 4x4 for snow duty, and I think the proportions of the 4 door Wrangler are better than the 2 door (2 door Wranglers still say Daisy Duke to me lol). Really liking looks and proportions of the 4 door Wrangler Rubicon Hardrock on aggressive tires. Especially in that deep metallic red, like I keep seeing in videos on YT.

I can see the appeal though, if you need 4 doors, for whatever reason, might as well make it fast, and as cool as possible. I just don't see a need that can't be filled with a sufficiently large, or old, 2 door. haha

But.... having said that, I'd have a G8 over a new crapmaro anyday. lol

!
    Wide Track Driving Excitement for the Great Ones! Definitely Fuel For The Soul.
    Last edited by Dark(a)RT; 09-28-2015 at 09:07 PM.
    2003 Black CC R/T, 1 of (less than) 376

Well - just sick. Congrats JT - glad to see things looking up for you a little bit

"The journey is more fun than the destination"

Status

Looks badass!
    2004 SRT4 Moar Pah Coming DD
    2002 Dakota R/T 12.376@110.84

"Is there any way to make this easier? I'm way confused now. I just tried to post a video, but instead I got my dick caught in the ceiling fan" Wyotech_Cuda440

Status

Thanks man

Id still like to have my old red sled..

I concur.
    11.27 @ 118.23
    2017 NM Mopar Challenge Series Champion

Status

Nothing wrong with a four door, especially when ya want to take a few women out with skirts on they can just slip right in. Also a lil jealous of the color looks real good. Much rather have g8 than the new ss (impala?). Went to a car meet guy has new 15 ss and he loves to burnout. Watching him one night noticed it wont spin in second so he rides limiter in first. Looked at a friend said watch this. Within 8 seconds in the r/t im in 3rd gear reading 90mph on dash smoking out whole parking deck he calls everyone out looking for a race but he told a friend that he wouldnt race that dakota, he thinks its fast i guess

AutoZone Perfomance Parts

Status

Quote Originally Posted by usedandabused02 View Post
    Nothing wrong with a four door, especially when ya want to take a few women out with skirts on they can just slip right in. Also a lil jealous of the color looks real good. Much rather have g8 than the new ss (impala?). Went to a car meet guy has new 15 ss and he loves to burnout. Watching him one night noticed it wont spin in second so he rides limiter in first. Looked at a friend said watch this. Within 8 seconds in the r/t im in 3rd gear reading 90mph on dash smoking out whole parking deck he calls everyone out looking for a race but he told a friend that he wouldnt race that dakota, he thinks its fast i guess
    3rd gear burnouts are the bomb! on oiled pavement I can do it in Overdrive, sounds gnarly.

I saw a hot mommy in a red one yesterday, I approve... oh and I liked the car too

Mods - TB Spacer, Short Throw Dipstick, Performance Auto Zone Intake "0.30 over bore", R/T Cam, Performance Chip, Radiator Delete

Rev limiter? that's what valve springs are for!

That color is awesome!!!

+ Reply to Thread