+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: what fits the oem tracks for our seats? or ?

Status

Default what fits the oem tracks for our seats? or ?

Ok what fits the stock seat mounts for seats durango? or if you buy aftermarket seats how do you find the proper tracks to fit these?
    Is there a fav, 5 seats that are easy good fits for these trucks?

Status

Hmmmm no one knows?????

DRTC Member #1146

Status

Realistically, all you can do is buy the seats you want and make em fir afterwards

2002 Flame Red RC R/T
    272 RWHP 315 ft/lb TQ
    218/226 Comp Cam, Stage 1 Ported EQ Heads, PRW 1.6 Roller Rockers, PIE Custom Tune, Full spintech exhaust with 3" side exit, 52mm Holley, Ported Kegger, Viper E-Fan, Powerdemon Trans, Hotchkis Springs, Leafs and Sway Bars, R/T 20's, Gen 3 viper seats, Custom "Rejected" State Inspection Sticker
    Plenty More to come

Accumulating parts...

Status

only upgraded seats that fit are the leather durango seats.

Other popular seats that require modification...
    Gen 2 Viper seats
    Gen 3 Viper seats
    SRT8,R/T, other LX(charger/magnum/challenger/300 seats
    Corbeau seats
    cerullo seats
    And probably most afordable upgrade... SRT4 (Neon) seats

The only ones that are already moddified that pop up here now and then are the SRT4 seats. The rest pop up once in a blue moon. Best to find something you like and have a fabricator make them fit. There are write ups on the viper and SRT4 seats here somewhere. There even is someone here who stuck some leather Mecedes seats in their dak.
    12.10@106@Famoso Raceway

DRTC Member #1146

Status

The Gen 3 viper seats I have in my truck were a really simple install. Not too difficult to get fit with the viper seat rails

2002 Flame Red RC R/T
    272 RWHP 315 ft/lb TQ
    218/226 Comp Cam, Stage 1 Ported EQ Heads, PRW 1.6 Roller Rockers, PIE Custom Tune, Full spintech exhaust with 3" side exit, 52mm Holley, Ported Kegger, Viper E-Fan, Powerdemon Trans, Hotchkis Springs, Leafs and Sway Bars, R/T 20's, Gen 3 viper seats, Custom "Rejected" State Inspection Sticker
    Plenty More to come

Status

Thanks for the info guys thats what I was looking for.On the durango seats when you say leather do you also mean the suade to since that is leather? Just dont want to make a mistake when buying? Also is it best to buy the durango seat tracks with the seats? Thanks

DRTC Member #1146

Status

Look for srt4 seats for that price. They are a lot nicer and oem quality is better/safer than ebay...

2002 Flame Red RC R/T
    272 RWHP 315 ft/lb TQ
    Plenty More to come

Quote Originally Posted by turbotoys1 View Post
    I have similar seats in my truck, but there was a good amount of fabrication to make them work and be safe in a crash.
    2000 CC
    11.37@122

Status

Thanks guys where do you think the best place to look for the srt4 seats is?

Status

any years better on the seats than others?

Status

looks like they sell them with man tranny with air bag with out.I know i dont need the airbag and dont think they ever made them in auto.some say leather they must mean suade?

OG DRTC

Status

Not sure if it pertains to you, but "bigger" guys wont be as comfortable in the SRT4 seats as other options. I personally have 2006 Charger seats in my truck. Before that I had Corbeau VX-2000s. The Charger seats are a lot more comfortable and I have 6-way power seats both driver and passenger side and if I ever figure out how to hook them up, seat heaters as well. Was easier to get the Charger seats to fit than it was modifying my stock seat rails for the corbeau seats. Got them for $200. If you can find some out of a SRT8 they have more bolstering, but even the base model Charger seats offer more bolstering than the stock Dakota and Durango seats from same model year.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by hskr View Post
    Not sure if it pertains to you, but "bigger" guys wont be as comfortable in the SRT4 seats as other options. I personally have 2006 Charger seats in my truck. Before that I had Corbeau VX-2000s. The Charger seats are a lot more comfortable and I have 6-way power seats both driver and passenger side and if I ever figure out how to hook them up, seat heaters as well. Was easier to get the Charger seats to fit than it was modifying my stock seat rails for the corbeau seats. Got them for $200. If you can find some out of a SRT8 they have more bolstering, but even the base model Charger seats offer more bolstering than the stock Dakota and Durango seats from same model year.
    I've got a lead on 2008 Charger SRT 8 seats. Will they work the same as 2006-2007?

OG DRTC

Status

Quote Originally Posted by dstoots View Post
    I've got a lead on 2008 Charger SRT 8 seats. Will they work the same as 2006-2007?
    Yes they are the same.

Uncle Tommy

Status

i've got a line on a set of power leather seats from an 06 Charger as well/ HSKR, were they difficult to wire? i currently have a 99 cc w/manual seats, but i have 8 ga. wire running into the back of the cab to power an audio amp which is constantly hot. Amp isn't driven hard much, would that be a good place to power my seats?

Status

I modified/installed a pair like these. comfortable & match the interior color perfect.Viper seats dig into my outer thigh.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/DAP-R170-MER...dVJslY&vxp=mtr
    99 DA CC R/T
    13.97@100 w/modded kegger & ported TB
    12.96 @103
    10:8-1 .30 over forged bottom end
    R/T ported heads
    Detroit locker 4:56 gears
    Built 46RE MSaine 3500 stall Ultra Billet
    http://imgur.com/a/lOVuZ

OG DRTC

Status

Quote Originally Posted by clrwatrtomsrt View Post
    i've got a line on a set of power leather seats from an 06 Charger as well/ HSKR, were they difficult to wire? i currently have a 99 cc w/manual seats, but i have 8 ga. wire running into the back of the cab to power an audio amp which is constantly hot. Amp isn't driven hard much, would that be a good place to power my seats?
    Power and ground are all you need for the basic functions of the seat. I havnt tried to tackle the seat heaters yet. You can use the blower wire for your amp, but I'd throw a separate fuse on the wire you use for the seats.

Uncle Tommy

Status

Power and ground are all you need for the basic functions of the seat. I havnt tried to tackle the seat heaters yet. You can use the blower wire for your amp, but I'd throw a separate fuse on the wire you use for the seats.
    Thanks Hskr

Uncle Tommy

Status

picked up my seats today. both power, dark grey leather. 250 for the pair

OG DRTC

Status

Quote Originally Posted by clrwatrtomsrt View Post
    picked up my seats today. both power, dark grey leather. 250 for the pair
    Wish mine were the dark grey. Mine are light grey, so I have some cheap black seat covers on them now.

Uncle Tommy

Status

it's a shame we weren't closer. We could trade as the light grey would be good in my interior. How did you mount yours? i was looking at mine briefly yesterday and i'm thinking a couple of pieces of 1 1/4" angle might be the way to go. there appears to be about a 3" difference in the track spacing. Do you have any pics of your install?
    You also recommended fusing them. Do you know what amp rating the fuse should be?

OG DRTC

Status

For the front used some angle iron to utilize stock mounting holes. For the rear I just drilled new holes through the floorboard. You dont need the brackets from the Charger, just the tracks on the seats themselves.

Status

Picking up Charger SRT seats tomorrow, a picture from one of you guys of mounting solution would be helpful. I'll probably know more after I get the seats.

OG DRTC

Status

Will post pics later today.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast