+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 4BBL Throttle Body

Quote Originally Posted by OldKota View Post
    I got holley 20-40 stud kit today too, clicks into the throttle cable nicely....

it wont thread into the accel linkage threads though, you need a plate to mount to the accel linkage then mount these studs to that plate....
    Good idea

"The journey is more fun than the destination"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRT View Post
    Good idea
    I should add, that wasn't my idea... I ripped it off from some guy I met on the internet

and osee, yes you will want the same tv cable to accelerator pull relationship as a stock setup... or go full badass and get a manual transmission
    1995 Dakota Club Cab, 408, 5spd, 8 3/4 rear end

AutoZone Perfomance Parts

Status

I should add, that wasn't my idea... I ripped it off from some guy I met on the internet

and osee, yes you will want the same tv cable to accelerator pull relationship as a stock setup... or go full badass and get a manual transmission
    hand over some Canadian Peso's to make up for the terrible exchange rate

Mods - TB Spacer, Short Throw Dipstick, Performance Auto Zone Intake "0.30 over bore", R/T Cam, Performance Chip, Radiator Delete

Rev limiter? that's what valve springs are for!

Status

also something to add, edelbrock 8018 linkage stud will work on the bottom most hole of the accel and thread right in, will be used on mine for an auxiliary return spring, the upper two predrilled holes that are close together at the top of the linkage are 10/32nd fine thread, the holes are too close together to put two screws in them though idk what accel was even thinking with those holes

Status

also something to add, edelbrock 8018 linkage stud will work on the bottom most hole of the accel and thread right in, will be used on mine for an auxiliary return spring, the upper two predrilled holes that are close together at the top of the linkage are 10/32nd fine thread, the holes are too close together to put two screws in them though idk what accel was even thinking with those holes
    Does it only work for kick down or throttle cable as well?
    410, 10.3 comp pistons, P&P Eddies, 254 cam, 30lb injectors, sct tuner, 3800 viper stall, 4:56 yukon gears, hotchkis tvs, m1 4brrl, 58mm f&b tb, 1.7 rr, electric fan, jm longtube headers, B&M hammer shifter, Cope Racing Trans, Viper Brakes, SRT8 Seats, nx wet kit(100 shot)
    best time 11.32 @ 118 1.59 60' on spray(old motor). 11.76@115 n/a(new motor)
    DD 07 SRT8 Charger 12.55@112

Status

well I have a manual trans so Idk about the kickdown cable for sure but I think it would snap on, but the 8018 stud will fit on the throttle cable but because its on the bottom of the linkage I wouldn't think it to be ideal for that purpose, youd have to have the throttle cable mounted to pull from the rear, or mount the entire tbody backwards to make it pull the right direction

Status

i think the only difference from the holley 20-40 mentioned earlier and the edelbrock 8018 stud is the threads that or on the mounting part, the stud size is the same

Status

Got everything mocked up for the 4bbl install, the stock IAC fits with ovaling out one hole, but it isn't extended enough to seal the IAC port, and I don't know if its bottomed out yet. Other than that everything is going rather smoothly

Mods - TB Spacer, Short Throw Dipstick, Performance Auto Zone Intake "0.30 over bore", R/T Cam, Performance Chip, Radiator Delete

Status

Bad ass!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by blackknight View Post
    Bad ass!
    It sure looks the part eh

Lurker

Status

When you power up the iac it should "self adjust". That manifold needs some coating or something dude.

Planning on putting my 4bb setup on my pig next week finally....

Josh - 98 BLK RC - Mad Milkshake Maker
    Previous
    99 BLK RC - Mad Trash Hauler - sold
    99 DA RC - mad dak - Danno Stole it
    01 SLVR RC - mad sexy - retired - then died
    99 IB RC - mad RT - gone to heaven..

Former Certified member of the 11 Second NA RT Club

Status

Quote Originally Posted by madboy View Post
    When you power up the iac it should "self adjust". That manifold needs some coating or something dude.

Planning on putting my 4bb setup on my pig next week finally....
    Yeah, thinking about getting it cleaned, and then clear powder coated. Can't wait to get everything running with the MS3!

Status

Osee
    Forgive me if I missed this. What mods did you do to the motor your putting it on? I ordered a M1 4BBL intake from PEI should have it next week it comes with the 2BBL adapter but would rather run a 4BBL throttle body. Just started this build Do you think the 4BBL would be to much for a 5.9 .30 over w/cam high flow heads & a tune? I was thinking of building a stroker but I think its over kill for my Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by AIRFORCE1 View Post
    Osee
    Forgive me if I missed this. What mods did you do to the motor your putting it on? I ordered a M1 4BBL intake from PEI should have it next week it comes with the 2BBL adapter but would rather run a 4BBL throttle body. Just started this build Do you think the 4BBL would be to much for a 5.9 .30 over w/cam high flow heads & a tune? I was thinking of building a stroker but I think its over kill for my Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4.
    Uhhhhhh there are much more knowledgeable people than me, so hopefully they can chime in. I believe a 58mm tb is rated at 1200 cfm aswell, so it would be an equivalent. With a EFI engine the velocity in the plenum is less of an issue because the fuel is atomizing at the end of the intake runner rather than the top of the intake. With that being said I know guys were putting "turtles" in their m1 intakes back in the day so I don't really know. I think an eddy headed 360 should be fine, the throttle body is a progressive rate tb as well so it'll help tip in performance, and should in theory help prevent stumbling.

my plan is just stock short block, .565 .565 218/224, 1.92 valves, adj rr's, spintech longs, m1 4bbl, 4bbl tb, and nitrous until the snow flies. then in the winter, T56 swap, and vortech v1 install and keep turning it up until it pops.

Status

Osee
    I'm sure you will but keep us posted, I'd love to know how it runs once installed.
    Thanks

Status

I dont know about everyone else but my throttle is like an on/off switch now. Its like going from a 1/4 throttle to wot once the secondary blades open. Not terrible by any means, but more sensitive than with just the 2 blades
    410, 10.3 comp pistons, P&P Eddies, 254 cam, 30lb injectors, sct tuner, 3800 viper stall, 4:56 yukon gears, hotchkis tvs, m1 4brrl, 58mm f&b tb, 1.7 rr, electric fan, jm longtube headers, B&M hammer shifter, Cope Racing Trans, Viper Brakes, SRT8 Seats, nx wet kit(100 shot)
    best time 11.32 @ 118 1.59 60' on spray(old motor). 11.76@115 n/a(new motor)
    DD 07 SRT8 Charger 12.55@112

Status

i guess I don't really feel that way.. don't get me wrong, you KNOW it when the second blades open, but if I'm at 3/4 throttle and then push it further it accelerates harder... and I think that at under half throttle it is easier to control as well. love that secondary linkage, you can feel It in the pedal when you are half way open so you know you are about to open the next barrels. I have the accel 1350 for comparison if you are using one of the other ones

Status
    Blog Entries

I do some fab work but yours knocks the ball out of the park,,great job. I'm just starting to do the same build,, where did you get fuel rails also fuel line fitting ?? Thanks-great job...

Status

Quote Originally Posted by packard1 View Post
    I do some fab work but yours knocks the ball out of the park,,great job. I'm just starting to do the same build,, where did you get fuel rails also fuel line fitting ?? Thanks-great job...
    http://stores.hi-potek.com/fuel-rails-6an/

Status
    Blog Entries

Just bought same one from- AT Racing-they use other names,, they told me 87 Mustang 5.0 ltr. TPS ??

Status
    Blog Entries

Speed master sells an adapter for the TPS. .. just ordered one.. told to use 87 mustang 5.0 TPS by speed master ??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2