+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 4BBL Throttle Body

AutoZone Perfomance Parts

Status

Default 4BBL Throttle Body

I was just wondering how to get a TPS sensor to work for this TB I bought. I believe G-Man used the same one and used a GM one with 2 wires reversed, and welded some custom linkage brackets. Also what is the port for in pics 4-6?

Mods - TB Spacer, Short Throw Dipstick, Performance Auto Zone Intake "0.30 over bore", R/T Cam, Performance Chip, Radiator Delete

Rev limiter? that's what valve springs are for!

I will have some custom linkage brackets done very soon. I will also have iac extension cables and tps conversion cable to use so no cutting factory wires. I am just waiting on the electronic cables now then I can bang all these out for whoever wants them

"The journey is more fun than the destination"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRT View Post
    I will have some custom linkage brackets done very soon. I will also have iac extension cables and tps conversion cable to use so no cutting factory wires. I am just waiting on the electronic cables now then I can bang all these out for whoever wants them
    how soon we talking?

Mods - TB Spacer, Short Throw Dipstick, Performance Auto Zone Intake "0.30 over bore", R/T Cam, Performance Chip, Radiator Delete

Quote Originally Posted by Osee View Post
    how soon we talking?
    In 2-3 weeks. Getting to then of the project now. Pm your number if u want and I can send you photos.

Status

Man keep me up on this too

Status

The ports is for your iac, the way I did it, I installed it backwards with the linkage on the drivers side and I swapped the 2 outer wires on the top, I'm waiting to see what Todd comes out with

Is that 1200cfm or a 1350cfm?
    2000 CC
    11.37@122

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Lonesoldier79 View Post
    Is that 1200cfm or a 1350cfm?
    1200cfm for $200
    http://www.store.speedmaster79.com/p...FbRj7AodZW0A_w

Quote Originally Posted by Osee View Post
    2000 CC
    11.37@122

Status

Can't go wrong for that price, nice find

Status

I'm not running that one but it looks very close, i think mine is Holley, the front port is IAC motor and i believe the stock iac should fit, the TPS needed should be a GM type, gm used the same tps on alot of vehicles, get the tps pig-tail from a junk yard and connect it to your harness, also you will need 3 of the clips? that the cables clip on, i found That Edelbrock has those parts for their carbs, it fit perfectly on my cables and TB.
    G-Man

What he^^^ said - I have the part numbers for the cable studs. Also there will be no harness cutting required and no reason to go to a junk yard - The stock IAC should fit may have to elongate one of the mounting holes, or both depending on which TB you go with

Status

Very interested in running a 4bbl tb and see if I notice anything over the 58 f&b. Although they are rated at the same flow. Keeping an eye out for your kit
    410, 10.3 comp pistons, P&P Eddies, 254 cam, 30lb injectors, sct tuner, 3800 viper stall, 4:56 yukon gears, hotchkis tvs, m1 4brrl, 58mm f&b tb, 1.7 rr, electric fan, jm longtube headers, B&M hammer shifter, Cope Racing Trans, Viper Brakes, SRT8 Seats, nx wet kit(100 shot)
    best time 11.32 @ 118 1.59 60' on spray(old motor). 11.76@115 n/a(new motor)
    DD 07 SRT8 Charger 12.55@112

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 99408kotar/t View Post
    Very interested in running a 4bbl tb and see if I notice anything over the 58 f&b. Although they are rated at the same flow. Keeping an eye out for your kit
    I would be interested too, my 4bbl is rated at 1000cfm which is less than a 58mm, i believe.
    G-Man

Status

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRT View Post
    What he^^^ said - I have the part numbers for the cable studs. Also there will be no harness cutting required and no reason to go to a junk yard - The stock IAC should fit may have to elongate one of the mounting holes, or both depending on which TB you go with
    What are the part numbers for the cable studs? Gonna order my accel 1350 this weekend
    410, 10.3 comp pistons, P&P Eddies, 254 cam, 30lb injectors, sct tuner, 3800 viper stall, 4:56 yukon gears, hotchkis tvs, m1 4brrl, 58mm f&b tb, 1.7 rr, electric fan, jm longtube headers, B&M hammer shifter, Cope Racing Trans, Viper Brakes, SRT8 Seats, nx wet kit(100 shot)

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 99408kotar/t View Post
    What are the part numbers for the cable studs? Gonna order my accel 1350 this weekend
    so what is everybody using for linkage studs?
    1995 Dakota Club Cab, 408, 5spd, 8 3/4 rear end

Status

Quote Originally Posted by OldKota View Post
    so what is everybody using for linkage studs?
    I'm not sure nobody has chimed in yet. Interested to know myself

Status

I'm not sure if this is the exact part ? But i found it at the local O'Reilly store

http://m.summitracing.com/parts/hly-20-40

G-Man

I like free kittens

Status

your throttle cable clipped onto that? stock is a ball stud though... Curious to hear. I'm about to head to the Jegs store tomorrow to see what I can find. May do some drilling/tapping to find something that works without having to fabricate an adapter bracket.
    --Tom
    **Photobucket can suck my nut**

I'm a douchebag

Stock is NOT a ball stud. I will see if I can find part numbers but what gman posted is real close

Status

ok, so I just realized yesterday that my "stock" 95 dak accelerator cable is actually just a small metal cylinder on the end of the cable coming out of the side, so to attach it to the "stock" throttle body you have to rotated the linkage and slide the cylinder in so the cable lines up with the groove then you just let it rotate back and your done. I grabbed a 96 throttle cable from the junkyard that appears to match what Gman showed (or that style anyway)

my question is how do you attach two of those right next to each other for the accelerator and cruise control? the holes are too close together on the accel linkage to attach two of those?

I like free kittens

Status

You're right. I looked at mine tonight. It is what's posted above.
    --Tom
    **Photobucket can suck my nut**

I'm a douchebag

Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Filbert View Post
    your throttle cable clipped onto that? stock is a ball stud though... Curious to hear. I'm about to head to the Jegs store tomorrow to see what I can find. May do some drilling/tapping to find something that works without having to fabricate an adapter bracket.
    You have a Jegs store by you ? I'm jealous
    "the vast majority of the people on this website are such tight asses that they could probably squeeze out diamonds - but they'd never spend the money to buy the coal' - Steve F. 2012

"Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basho once wrote, "A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a doughnut with no hole is a Danish" - Ty Webb, 1980

Status

I got holley 20-40 stud kit today too, clicks into the throttle cable nicely....

it wont thread into the accel linkage threads though, you need a plate to mount to the accel linkage then mount these studs to that plate....

Status

I assume it will be important to have the length of pull for the TV cable identical to stock?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast