+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Updated Dakota R/T Club Logo Proposal

Cool Updated Dakota R/T Club Logo Proposal

I jumped on the club logo bandwagon late. Some of the logo discussion was getting a bit distributed so I figured I'd just consolidate any new content by itself. Take a look tell me what you think. If you all are in need of a new club logo and find this appealing great, if not, Id be happy to send anyone the raw graphic files (maybe for the national meet).

I built it as a vector graphic so it can go on mugs, T-shirts, stickers, billboards, etc.

Enjoy!

rt_Club_Logo.jpg

rt_Club_Logo_Rendering.jpg

stickers.jpg
    -Billy Webster '99 CC R/T DRTC #785

I actually really like that....

But, lots of clubs and forums(lightnings, Harley trucks, x-runner's) have that same style graphic.

Would be awesome to have some decals, or a shirt or anything really with that on it. But not sure it works for the official club logo.
    Colby
    DRTC#1159
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve '02CC View Post
    Was this an autocorrect error or are you referring to plugging $1 bills up their colon so that they can't poop?
    Quote Originally Posted by Duner View Post
    Who R/T'd in your Wheaties?

Here is what I came up with for a refreshed version of the original. This is just a pic of my laptop screen.

"The journey is more fun than the destination"

Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !!

Status

Todd, that one looks very cool too. I definitely like these last 2 choices better. Sorry I didn't dig the 1st one.
    "the vast majority of the people on this website are such tight asses that they could probably squeeze out diamonds - but they'd never spend the money to buy the coal' - Steve F. 2012

"Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basho once wrote, "A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a doughnut with no hole is a Danish" - Ty Webb, 1980

Accumulating parts...

Status

I like both a lot. Only problem with the first is "dakotartclub.com" doesnt exist. Just needs to be shortened to dakotart.com
    12.10@106@Famoso Raceway

AutoZone Perfomance Parts

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Jassole View Post
    Todd, that one looks very cool too. I definitely like these last 2 choices better. Sorry I didn't dig the 1st one.
    It would depend on your truck color, I like the multiple color idea.

Mods - TB Spacer, Short Throw Dipstick, Performance Auto Zone Intake "0.30 over bore", R/T Cam, Performance Chip, Radiator Delete

Rev limiter? that's what valve springs are for!

Status

I need one of these for my truck! color matched with my vinyl color would look awesome!

I dig the Club Cab choice btw...

Mods - TB Spacer, Short Throw Dipstick, Performance Auto Zone Intake "0.30 over bore", R/T Cam, Performance Chip, Radiator Delete

Status

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRT View Post
    Here is what I came up with for a refreshed version of the original. This is just a pic of my laptop screen.

I personally think it should still have the website address, I love the Established date idea though.

v14 Mopar Mullet

Status

Usually I be like:

But when I saw:

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRT View Post

I was like

It is still basically the original logo, but the font choices make more sense because it's the actual friggin' font printed on the trucks. On top of that it's clearer and easier to read than the original logo without radically changing the original. Plus, it shows when the club was established last millennium. That's like a 1000 years. That's more than the Hudson Bay company. My only suggestion would be to see how it looks using the abbreviation est. because "established" is awfully long.

As for the other logo being proposed, I think something in that train of thought would be useful because there are certain times when a round logo won't work while thin one would (like a license plate frame), but the outline of the Dakota just isn't distinct enough.

Got Beer?

Status

I am digging both of them.
    2003 Dakota R/T
    Hibernation
    Previous Best
    10.77@124

*Disclaimer - All suggestions given for performance modifications is assuming that you live close or at Sea Level

Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Osee View Post
    I personally think it should still have the website address, I love the Established date idea though.
    just put it at the bottom of the circle, would be a keeper then. Maybe we could get them color matched to the trucks too, where that one is orange
    "the vast majority of the people on this website are such tight asses that they could probably squeeze out diamonds - but they'd never spend the money to buy the coal' - Steve F. 2012

"Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basho once wrote, "A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a doughnut with no hole is a Danish" - Ty Webb, 1980

DRTC #149

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Jassole View Post
    just put it at the bottom of the circle, would be a keeper then. Maybe we could get them color matched to the trucks too, where that one is orange
    There is a possibility that the club may have to migrate to a .net or .org address at some point in the near future, so we are keeping our options open on that and not putting the addy on the logo at this point in time.

The problem is that the DRTC does not own or control www.dakotart.com, so we are at someone elses whim and will on many web hosting issues. IMO the club needs to own its own web address, and this is one of the things that we have decided to take up after the meet is done and over with. And the current owner of www.dakotart.com is unwilling to sell it to the club. Now to be fair, he has been willing to work with us when we have issues, but like the thing that popped up a few weeks back where Todd had to scramble to get the site back up, we had to go through the guy that owns the address, and that just added time and complexity to getting it fixed. Its completely and totally out of the clubs hands in those situations..

99 DA RC To Be Discovered AKA Smokey
    98 DA CC 11.59@118 AKA Barney

[Duner] : I was afraid I was going to go too fast and scare myself. Lucky for me - the DA rose up to save me.

[Kotta390] : Oh that's right! Well FML.....Looks like I am getting shafted because of my bore size

[BlakDak71] : I don't run oil, I run a special blend consisting of Hellman's mayo and the tears of a pregnant mermaid

[Kotta390] : My electric water pump puts out too much fuel at idle and is not a variable pump which makes it overheat in the summer at idle if I sit too long

[KotaRT] : Ed, you can have cake, as long as I get something in return

Black Pearl

Status

Jumper, very nice. Hope you don't mind I added it in my signature. Thanks.
    If you haven't lived for something, you'll die for nothing.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ScojoDak View Post
    Jumper, very nice. Hope you don't mind I added it in my signature. Thanks.
    This graphic is growing on me in a terribly good kinda way...

OG DRTC

Status

Don't care for the placement of the "R/T" on the line graphic. Not anywhere close to anything factory. Looks like it was just thrown on there as an afterthought, like, oops, forgot the R/T, lets just throw it here so I don't have to redo everything.

Home School Valedictorian

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    There is a possibility that the club may have to migrate to a .net or .org address at some point in the near future, so we are keeping our options open on that and not putting the addy on the logo at this point in time.

The problem is that the DRTC does not own or control www.dakotart.com, so we are at someone elses whim and will on many web hosting issues. IMO the club needs to own its own web address, and this is one of the things that we have decided to take up after the meet is done and over with. And the current owner of www.dakotart.com is unwilling to sell it to the club. Now to be fair, he has been willing to work with us when we have issues, but like the thing that popped up a few weeks back where Todd had to scramble to get the site back up, we had to go through the guy that owns the address, and that just added time and complexity to getting it fixed. Its completely and totally out of the clubs hands in those situations..

Does that mean the owner could if wanted, sell the site to someone like Vertical Scope?

"Excuse me if I have some place in my mind, where I go time to time"

I like free kittens

Status

What's Vertical Scope?

yes, the owner of the domain could sell it to whoever he wants. It's a free country. But if the owner of "www.dakotart.com" won't sell the domain to "The Dakota R/T Club" then why would he ever sell it to whatever vertical scope is?

IT would be nice if we could keep the Dakotart.com domain as our main home, but like danno reminded everyone, It adds a layer of bureaucracy that slows down our response time when we do have issues pop up. Nothing against the owner of the domain, he has been very supportive and responsive to issues. but the simple question is, "why doesn't the DRTC own it's own website?"
    --Tom
    **Photobucket can suck my nut**

I'm a douchebag

I like free kittens

Status

by the way, I like the new graphic as an optional "secondary" logo. not sure we want it to totally replace the original
    --Tom
    **Photobucket can suck my nut**

I'm a douchebag

Quote Originally Posted by hskr View Post
    Don't care for the placement of the "R/T" on the line graphic. Not anywhere close to anything factory. Looks like it was just thrown on there as an afterthought, like, oops, forgot the R/T, lets just throw it here so I don't have to redo everything.
    Fair comment. The logo has way too much text in my opinion. Here's a version in Regular Cab trim without "club" and the dakotart.com web address. It's just a Dakota R/T graphic.

BTW, I love the original logo (and Todd's new version) as the official club logo. I just think it would be nice to have a few other "meaner" options for hats, shirts, race banners, etc.

rt_logo_rc.jpg

rt_logo_cc.jpg
    -Billy Webster '99 CC R/T DRTC #785

Home School Valedictorian

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Filbert View Post
    What's Vertical Scope?

yes, the owner of the domain could sell it to whoever he wants. It's a free country. But if the owner of "www.dakotart.com" won't sell the domain to "The Dakota R/T Club" then why would he ever sell it to whatever vertical scope is?:jester:

IT would be nice if we could keep the Dakotart.com domain as our main home, but like danno reminded everyone, It adds a layer of bureaucracy that slows down our response time when we do have issues pop up. Nothing against the owner of the domain, he has been very supportive and responsive to issues. but the simple question is, "why doesn't the DRTC own it's own website?"
    Vertical Scope is a group that owns dozens of forums, buy them then flood them with advertising and are usually slow to respond to forum issues. Their primary concern is raising revenue through forum ownership. The site would remain, some members would stay, some would go.

Since the current owner won't sell, there would have to be a forum name change in order for this site to be independent.

"Excuse me if I have some place in my mind, where I go time to time"

Status

DAKOTA-RT.COM is available for $10 a year. Go to networksolutions.com to check for names

+ Reply to Thread