I like free kittens

Status

Oh, ok. yea, I would agree to that.
    --Tom
    **Photobucket can suck my nut**

I'm a douchebag

Red trucks are faster

Status

I have a question that pertains to the truck itself......
    I noticed the previous owners sig pic, and in that pic the truck has no flares. Is this the same truck or did he remove the flares for paint/body work??
    Also, there appears to be no wheel well splash guards.

Your problem isn't the problem. Your reaction is the problem.

http://www.dakotart.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=14597&dateline=143749  2005

DAKRT56

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Motorhead View Post
    I have a question that pertains to the truck itself......
    I noticed the previous owners sig pic, and in that pic the truck has no flares. Is this the same truck or did he remove the flares for paint/body work??
    Also, there appears to be no wheel well splash guards.
    I'm not entirely sure what's up with that. I do know that he put the truck in the ditch at some point and that's why I assume he put the Street Scene front bumper on it. I'd imagine it probably screwed up the fender liners when he put it in the ditch as well. It does have fender liners in it currently, but the fronts of them are a little busted up which leads me to believe they suffered damage when the truck visited the ditch, but he decided to reuse them. I bought some brand new ones, but have yet to install them.

As far as the flares, I have no idea why they are missing in that pic, but it definitely has all four on it now.

Steve - 1999 Flame Red RC R/T-56
    Comp Cams | F&B | Mopar | Spintech | SCT | Hotchkis

DAKRT56

Status

So, I need to pull the heads off this thing next winter to have them gone through as the trucks puffs a little smoke on start-up. I'm sure they'll need guides and/or seals. I'll most likely be bringing them to a reputable shop that my dad and uncle have had do heads for most of their race cars.

While the heads were off, I was thinking that would be the time to go with a different cam if I'm going to do it at all. That being said, the cam that's currently in it could be my best bet and maybe I should stick with it. I don't know. I'm by no means a cam selection expert. It has a Comp Cam CRS264HR-12 in it right now.

Here are the specs on it:

Duration @ 050 inch Lift: 210 int./220 exh.
    Advertised Duration: 264 int./274 exh.
    Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio: 0.512 int./0.512 exh.
    LSA: 112

I'm fairly confident the truck will stay a 360 for at least a few more years as I just bought a house and a brand new motorcycle. Per my first post, it has a 52mm F&B, 2bbl M1, Mopar aluminum heads, Spintech mids/exhaust, and the T56. It gets daily driven quite a bit, but WILL get drag raced too.

So, for you guys that know cams better than I do, is there a cam that's going to be any better for me, or am I better off sticking with what's in it for now?

Also, if I were to go with a different cam, would I want to look into something other than the 2bbl M1 for an intake, and something bigger than a 52mm TB?

Status

You say that your Dad and uncle raced.
    Where did they race and what are their names?
    Edelbrock Magnum heads, Harland-Sharp 1:6 RR, Jomar Performance Ultra-Lite Stud Girdle, SoutheastPerformance Sheet Metal Valve Covers, Custom Hyd Roller from Reed Cams, Mopar M-1 2 Brl Intake, Hughes Stage 1 TB, JBA SS Headers, Jacobs Electronics Pro Street Ignition System and Wires, MBRP 'Cuda Style Exhaust, Western Chassis 2" drop front and rear, Edelbrock IAS Shocks, Terry DeLong Pro-Glass Shaker Hood

DAKRT56

Status

Quote Originally Posted by kota360 View Post
    You say that your Dad and uncle raced.
    Where did they race and what are their names?
    Brad and Scott Udenberg. They both drag race. My dad has pretty much just raced at tracks local to us like Brainerd International Raceway, Rock Falls Raceway, and Cedar Falls Raceway. My uncle has actually raced pretty much all over the country.

DAKRT56

Status

I was about to send my the F&B throttle body back to Bruce the other day to have him take a look at it and get it to quit sticking, but I emailed him just before I was about to drop it on the UPS cart at work and he said he'd be out of town for three weeks. I've messed with plenty of factory TBs but didn't really care for the idea of ripping apart a $450 one myself, so finding this out was kind of a bummer.

After finding out that I probably wouldn't get it back for a month if I did ship it, I just decided F it, and ripped into it anyway. The blades were actually sticking in the bores of the TB, like they were too big in diameter. I ended up taking the blades out of it and and taking just enough off the edges of them to remove the anodizing.

I win; no more sticky TB.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by chrgr340 View Post
    Brad and Scott Udenberg. They both drag race. My dad has pretty much just raced at tracks local to us like Brainerd International Raceway, Rock Falls Raceway, and Cedar Falls Raceway. My uncle has actually raced pretty much all over the country.

Ok. I thought you might have been talking about some dirt racing in Superior, Proctor,or Hibbing.
    I use to hang around those tracks back in the late seventies and through the eighties, and nineties.
    sSo being drag racers, They must be buddies of the Line Boys then.
    Edelbrock Magnum heads, Harland-Sharp 1:6 RR, Jomar Performance Ultra-Lite Stud Girdle, SoutheastPerformance Sheet Metal Valve Covers, Custom Hyd Roller from Reed Cams, Mopar M-1 2 Brl Intake, Hughes Stage 1 TB, JBA SS Headers, Jacobs Electronics Pro Street Ignition System and Wires, MBRP 'Cuda Style Exhaust, Western Chassis 2" drop front and rear, Edelbrock IAS Shocks, Terry DeLong Pro-Glass Shaker Hood

DAKRT56

Status

Quote Originally Posted by kota360 View Post
    So being drag racers, They must be buddies of the Line Boys then.
    Yep, they have definitely raced at the same events as them at Brainerd.

DAKRT56

Status

Got the PIE fan/shroud and the "new" passenger side airbag installed this weekend. I also started moving wiring around for the relocation of the wideband gauge. That may end up getting finished tonight.

I've noticed that the PIE fan doesn't seem to cool as well as the Viper fan did. Not entirely pleased with that, since I was led to believe that it was an OEM Grand Cherokee fan that pulled like 4000 CFM.

gen III traitor

Status

Lincoln mark VIII works like a champ.

Quote Originally Posted by BluRT00 View Post
    Part your red sport out and buy a gen 2. Problem solved.

I like free kittens

Status

What's their fan set-up look like? I have a grand cherokee fan on mine with a home made shroud I did on a box bending brake, I can pull the fan relay, let the engine warm up to 220, plug the relay in and within minutes I'm back down to 180. This fan kept the 500+ hp big block cool in my old truck. Never overheated even in stop and go traffic on a 95 degree day.
    --Tom

I'm a douchebag

DAKRT56

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Filbert View Post
    What's their fan set-up look like?
    It's the one at the bottom of this page: http://www.performanceinjectionequipment.com/

It's a pretty nice looking shroud, and the fan has an OEM Mopar plug on it, so who knows what the deal is.

AutoZone Perfomance Parts

Status

Quote Originally Posted by chrgr340 View Post
    Got the PIE fan/shroud and the "new" passenger side airbag installed this weekend. I also started moving wiring around for the relocation of the wideband gauge. That may end up getting finished tonight.

I've noticed that the PIE fan doesn't seem to cool as well as the Viper fan did. Not entirely pleased with that, since I was led to believe that it was an OEM Grand Cherokee fan that pulled like 4000 CFM.
    What years Grand Cherokee would one look for?

Mods - TB Spacer, Short Throw Dipstick, Performance Auto Zone Intake "0.30 over bore", R/T Cam, Performance Chip, Radiator Delete

Rev limiter? that's what valve springs are for!

DAKRT56

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Osee View Post
    What years Grand Cherokee would one look for?
    I'm honestly not entirely sure. Maybe someone else will chime in. If I had to guess, I would say the WJ gen of Grand Cherokee (99-04).

Status

Yeah that is what I have. One for a 4.7l. Not sure if the V6 is different. They move a shit ton of air. I think I have it on a 40 amp circuit breaker.
    1998 CC PR4, bell tech 2/4 drop, 400 BB, MSII EFI, S475 turbo, hyd roller cam, Ported stock heads...

DAKRT56

Status

Got the wideband gauge moved over to the pillar, and got the front and rear swaybar bushings replaced today.

Still struggling with the PIE fan not keeping the truck cool. Sure glad I didn't just leave my Viper fan on it...

DAKRT56

Status

Installed all my Remflex gaskets this weekend. Finally, no more exhaust leaks. Those things really are magic.

Also got the output shaft seal installed in the T56.

DAKRT56

Status

You finally cannot visually tell this truck was ever an automatic now. Finally got the column pieces and the filler plate for the gauge cluster.

Status

Let me start off by saying, great find, and very nice attention to detail with the rebuild. Lastly I'd like to ask what ever happened to the front bumper cover. I'm interested in the Stillen cover for my build. If you have it and would like to sell, I'm very interested.
    02 QuadCab 3.9 (5spd conversion in progress one day Powerdyne S/C and MS3 tuned)
    91 Excab 390 stroker, One day completed
    2011 Durango Tow pig
    63 Dart One day completed
    13 Challenger R/T

DAKRT56

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 91DakBuilder View Post
    Let me start off by saying, great find, and very nice attention to detail with the rebuild. Lastly I'd like to ask what ever happened to the front bumper cover. I'm interested in the Stillen cover for my build. If you have it and would like to sell, I'm very interested.
    Thanks. I'm very concerned with small details (thanks OCD, lol). I like the way these trucks look just as they rolled off the showroom floor, so stuff like the stock front bumper and eliminating the automatic parts in the interior were a must.

As far as the bumper cover is concerned, BLKDAK on here kinda has first dibs on it, and he's fairly local to me. If he ends up changing his mind, I'll be sure to let you know.

I like free kittens

Status

Hadn't ever thought about it till this thread, but I'm going to be keeping any eye out on the plastic plug for the shifter locator from the v6 stick shift trucks (and the rare V8 stick shifts) as well as column pieces. Too bad most of the columns get trashed in the junk yards.

...and I need to get to the junk yard more often. only stop in 2 or 3 times a year at most.
    --Tom

I'm a douchebag

DAKRT56

Status

...and I need to get to the junk yard more often. only stop in 2 or 3 times a year at most.
    That's my problem too. I KNOW the junkyard I visit had one stick truck with the parts I needed, but last time I was there, I didn't have the necessary Torx with me so I wasn't able to get it. That, and that particular junkyard is open 8am to 5pm Monday through Friday, I work pretty much those exact hours, and it's about 30 miles away from me, so I can basically never make it there unless I convince my boss to let me leave early, or just take a whole day off.

AutoZone Perfomance Parts

Status

Hadn't ever thought about it till this thread, but I'm going to be keeping any eye out on the plastic plug for the shifter locator from the v6 stick shift trucks (and the rare V8 stick shifts) as well as column pieces. Too bad most of the columns get trashed in the junk yards.

My 4.7 truck doesn't have that plug over the indicator, I'm sure the screen is exposed.

Mods - TB Spacer, Short Throw Dipstick, Performance Auto Zone Intake "0.30 over bore", R/T Cam, Performance Chip, Radiator Delete

Rev limiter? that's what valve springs are for!

I like free kittens

Status

It's also an LCD display, right? If it's simply 'off' you likely won't really notice. The older trucks have a little orange needle that slides over printed letters/numbers.
    --Tom

I'm a douchebag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast