+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wild Wednesday @ Indy

Status

Default Wild Wednesday @ Indy

ran 15.7-15.8 all night long cutting absolutely horrendous 2.4 @ the 60' mark, spinning tires every time even with a gentle launch, have a intake, intake manifold, and headers, guna get a tune, throttle body and tires and I will be back again

Status

Tune and sticky tires are a must! I managed a 15.17 in my 99 when it was stone cold stock. Getting more seat time will improve your numbers also. What were your trap speeds?
    2004 SRT4 Moar Pah Coming DD
    2002 Dakota R/T 12.376@110.84

"Is there any way to make this easier? I'm way confused now. I just tried to post a video, but instead I got my dick caught in the ceiling fan" Wyotech_Cuda440

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Broo42 View Post
    Tune and sticky tires are a must! I managed a 15.17 in my 99 when it was stone cold stock. Getting more seat time will improve your numbers also. What were your trap speeds?
    I think I was around 86-7mph, it seems like the truck is a .5second slower than most times im seeing, could need a driver mod lol, tires and a tune need to be the next things I do for sure

Status

Judging by the low MPH, I'd say a tune would be your best friend. Do you run with OD on or off?

"Is there any way to make this easier? I'm way confused now. I just tried to post a video, but instead I got my dick caught in the ceiling fan" Wyotech_Cuda440

Status

always run with it off if I remember to take it off haha , according to Ryan I still need a larger throttle body before I go and get a tune

Status

Do you have a stock TB right now?

Status

yes right now its a stock throttle body with a no name (ebay I assume) intake and air hat with huge K&N filter

Status

Get a 52 at minimum.

Status

that's what im planning on getting a member on the facebook page sells bored out OEM 52mm throttle bodies for $150 so I think im going to order one tomorrow morning

Justin, check with Richard at HiPoTek. He's in our supporting vendor section. He sells modified throttle bodies, and I am currently running one of his. You also get a $30 core return for shipping him your stock one I believe. Your time could be faster. I ran a 15.1 with my only mods being 1.7 roller rockers and Spintech mids/exhaust on stock tune with my street tires. I'm sure the DA makes a difference as well, and don't know what mine was at that time or yours.
    2000 BK RC R/T (1 of 321)

M1 2bbl, HiPotek 52mm tb, HS 1.7 RR's, K&N CAI, 2800 PATC Stall, Flyin' Ryan tuned, Spintech mid length headers, Spintech 2.5" true dual exhaust, no cats, x-pipe, Magnaflow mufflers dumped before rear axle, Hotchkis sway bars, Belltech Street Performance shocks, Belltech leaf springs.

Turbo Dakota Junky

Status

I think an aggressive tune will make more difference than you would imagine.
    Duner
    4.7 Turbocharged CC in white - 12's
    5.9 Turbocharged RC in black - 10's

1999 Dodge Dakota R/T RC Turbo: 10.51 @ 130.13 MPH

Well I was getting my truck ready to go back next week....And the throttle cable broke. Going to be awhile longer before I can meet up with ya out there.

11.09@123

Pay now or pay when it comes home on a flatbed. Sometimes both. Part of the game.

+ Reply to Thread