+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Spintech Mids/Exhaust Questions

Status

I've never had any luck with any form of RTV - be it copper, Right Stuff, or the Copper Spray...every single time, it burns out and leaks. And I tried just about every application method imaginable....gaskets have been the only thing that's worked for me. As far as bolt length, I agree - you don't want them too long. IIRC, I put the post on the forums somewhere, maybe even Delphi (can't remember where I posted it), but 1" was the perfect length bolt.
    - Justin

'00 BW CC R/T
    '91 Graphite Turbo Targa Supra

F-Quick Myspace Facebook

DAKRT56

Status

Ok, I've got another question now.

How reusable are Remflex gaskets? I recently installed the header-to-plate gaskets, but will need to pull the headers AND plates off in the next few days and do the plate-to-head as well. Just wondering if I'll be able to reuse that header-to-plate gasket that's already been run a week or so.

Steve - 1999 Flame Red RC R/T-56
    Comp Cams | F&B | Mopar | Spintech | SCT | Hotchkis

I like free kittens

Status

I've re-torqued/re-used a remflex gasket before. it all depends on if the gasket comes out neat and clean, or if it sticks and separates as it's taken apart. if the gasket stays together as you take the exhaust apart, you shouldn't have any problems.
    --Tom
    **Photobucket can suck my nut**

I'm a douchebag

Status

What are you guys running as far as mufflers with these headers? I have 408/heads/cam and am not looking to wake up the neighbors and my baby girl when I fire it up in the morning.....but I dont really want to loose any power either. Any suggestions?

Status

Park down the street?

Status

Quote Originally Posted by joefus25 View Post
    What are you guys running as far as mufflers with these headers? I have 408/heads/cam and am not looking to wake up the neighbors and my baby girl when I fire it up in the morning.....but I dont really want to loose any power either. Any suggestions?
    My truck has GSM headers, no cats w dynomax race bullets and then dynomax ultra flows. ITs pretty quiet but still sounds good. That's how it was when I bought it. If I had to redo it I would probably go w hooker aerochambers for mufflers though. Had them on my last truck and the sound was great.
    2003 Silver RC: 2.02/1.60 EQs by IMM engines, 218XR cam from hipotek, FRP tune, M1 2bbl, spintech headers w true duals, 1.6 adj rockers, 52mm TB, 2800 stall, lots of other shit.
    2000 White CC: DEAD!!! Zeus M1, Hipotek 53mm TB, Spintech Mids, x-pipe, true duals with Hooker Aerochambers; Mopar Performance ECU; CAI; Belltech Lowering kit.
    2002 Black RC: Long gone
    2005 Black Srt-4: AGP Delta 46 turbo. Sold it and it only took the guy 5 days to total it

2015 HD Dyna Street Bob: V&H Shortshots, FP3, SE Stg 1 Air Cleaner, Progressive lowering shocks.
    2008 HD Nightster: Sadly traded in

Status

avoid aerochambers if you want quiet lol had them on my big block truck and with a stall when i would leave in the morning everyone was awakened by its awesomeness
    1999 solar fire reboot
    Gas-Beat-Repeat

AutoZone Perfomance Parts

Status

My flowmaster delta 40's are quite under light load and liven right up when you open up the throttle, but I've been told they don't flow well.

Mods - TB Spacer, Short Throw Dipstick, Performance Auto Zone Intake "0.30 over bore", R/T Cam, Performance Chip, Radiator Delete

Rev limiter? that's what valve springs are for!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    Park down the street?
    HAHAHA!

Quote Originally Posted by moparmadman View Post
    My truck has GSM headers, no cats w dynomax race bullets and then dynomax ultra flows. ITs pretty quiet but still sounds good. That's how it was when I bought it. If I had to redo it I would probably go w hooker aerochambers for mufflers though. Had them on my last truck and the sound was great.
    Well I have had some good luck with dynomax before, so maybe i will go this route....

Thanks for the info all!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by joefus25 View Post
    HAHAHA!

Well I have had some good luck with dynomax before, so maybe i will go this route....

Thanks for the info all!
    Shoot me a PM w your number and I'll text you a sound clip later if you want.
    2003 Silver RC: 2.02/1.60 EQs by IMM engines, 218XR cam from hipotek, FRP tune, M1 2bbl, spintech headers w true duals, 1.6 adj rockers, 52mm TB, 2800 stall, lots of other shit.
    2000 White CC: DEAD!!! Zeus M1, Hipotek 53mm TB, Spintech Mids, x-pipe, true duals with Hooker Aerochambers; Mopar Performance ECU; CAI; Belltech Lowering kit.
    2002 Black RC: Long gone
    2005 Black Srt-4: AGP Delta 46 turbo. Sold it and it only took the guy 5 days to total it

2015 HD Dyna Street Bob: V&H Shortshots, FP3, SE Stg 1 Air Cleaner, Progressive lowering shocks.
    2008 HD Nightster: Sadly traded in

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2