+ Reply to Thread

Thread: potential hotchkis lead

Status

Default potential hotchkis lead

I am sure most of you are on Facebook but for those that aren't theres a guy (danny chavez) that is arranging a hotchkis group buy for pretty much anything hotchkis. He needs about 20 guys for assorted things to make this work. I am just relaying the message because I myself may be interested so don't bother asking me any questions.

Pretty sure Hotchkis told another member here (steven1zinoc I believe) that no matter how many people we get for a group buy, they will NOT produce anything for these trucks.
    2000 BK RC R/T (1 of 321)

M1 2bbl, HiPotek 52mm tb, HS 1.7 RR's, K&N CAI, 2800 PATC Stall, Flyin' Ryan tuned, Spintech mid length headers, Spintech 2.5" true dual exhaust, no cats, x-pipe, Magnaflow mufflers dumped before rear axle, Hotchkis sway bars, Belltech Street Performance shocks, Belltech leaf springs.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by kn0ckturn4l View Post
    Pretty sure Hotchkis told another member here (steven1zinoc I believe) that no matter how many people we get for a group buy, they will NOT produce anything for these trucks.
    Yep that's exactly what they told me but I did get them to make a few more sway bar kits because they had some of the components. I'm following the FB group buy just to see what happens. I didn't want to shoot them down there though. And this guy Danny is a dealer supposedly so maybe for a dealer they will do it.

Status

He must have some sort of hook up. The guy had seven sets of swaybar's for sale also. I bought one of them so it better be legit.

Status

Well I had about 20 people interested and was willing to prepay for all the sets but they still said no but maybe they have changed their minds on it.

DRTC #311

Status

dang if they're that hard to get these days maybe I need to move some monies around and finally pick up a set. we'll see what happens.

Status

If you find any Hotchkis anything available. Better grab it.

I bought my sway bars last summer directly form Hocthkis because No Dealers had them in stock. At the time I ordered mine I think they said they still had 5 sets in stock. Within a week another member tried buying a set and they were sold out.
    Tha DakFink: 1999 Solar Yellow R/Three 468cui, W9-RP heads, Twin 76mm Turbos, Powerglide Trans. , Bob's Fab Shop 25.3 SFI Chassis for 10.5W racing .
    (Still in the Fab Shop)

Hot rodder rule of thumb....every $1 invested in head flow is roughly worth $3 in the short block

Status

Quote Originally Posted by dakfink View Post

I bought my sway bars last summer directly form Hocthkis because No Dealers had them in stock. At the time I ordered mine I think they said they still had 5 sets in stock. Within a week another member tried buying a set and they were sold out.

True Hollywood story. I still have a BNIB set of sways waiting to be installed or an offer that I can't refuse.

'78 Chrysler LeBaron - Gone
    '84 Dodge 600 - Gone
    '96 Dodge Avenger I-4 5 Spd - Gone
    '05 Neon SRT4 - Gone
    '05 Dodge Magnum RT- Gone
    '00 Dak RT- Now in TX
    '12 Challenger SRT8 - Gone
    '16 Charger Scat Pack- Gone
    '22 Ram Rebel 1500

Quote Originally Posted by X_HAWAII RT View Post
    True Hollywood story. I still have a BNIB set of sways waiting to be installed or an offer that I can't refuse.
    - 99' Dodge Dakota R/T CC -
    - 1 of 4 R/T Moon roof trucks; that I've seen anyway. -
    - Stock Bed, Stock Tailgate. Coming soon...

- #1253 -

Status

I recently bought a complete Hotchkis setup, complete with new bushings, bilsteins, and extra front sway bar for less than the cost of an M1.
    2004 SRT4 Moar Pah Coming DD
    2002 Dakota R/T 12.376@110.84

"Is there any way to make this easier? I'm way confused now. I just tried to post a video, but instead I got my dick caught in the ceiling fan" Wyotech_Cuda440

Quote Originally Posted by Broo42 View Post
    I recently bought a complete Hotchkis setup, complete with new bushings, bilsteins, and extra front sway bar for less than the cost of an M1.
    I'll give you double what you paid.

M1 2bbl, HiPotek 52mm tb, HS 1.7 RR's, K&N CAI, 2800 PATC Stall, Flyin' Ryan tuned, Spintech mid length headers, Spintech 2.5" true dual exhaust, no cats, x-pipe, Magnaflow mufflers dumped before rear axle, Hotchkis sway bars, Belltech Street Performance shocks, Belltech leaf springs.

Status

I'll give you double what you paid.
    They will soon be in use. Sorry.

"Is there any way to make this easier? I'm way confused now. I just tried to post a video, but instead I got my dick caught in the ceiling fan" Wyotech_Cuda440

Quote Originally Posted by Broo42 View Post
    They will soon be in use. Sorry.
    I don't blame you. The sways are incredible. Wouldn't mind finding the coils and leafs soon.

Status

I don't blame you. The sways are incredible. Wouldn't mind finding the coils and leafs soon.
    I got 2 different front sways. 1 is the original solid sway and the other is hollow. I may sell the solid one....or I might add it to my slowly growing parts hoard.

Quote Originally Posted by dakfink View Post

What did the sways cost you new? Do you recall?

1999 IB RC R/T 13.00@104-1.8 60'
    2003 Neon SRT4 12.1@120-2.4 60'
    And a slew of other A-body mopars

IIRC, I paid roughly $575 shipped to my front door. Of course that was when you could still find them haha
    - 99' Dodge Dakota R/T CC -
    - 1 of 4 R/T Moon roof trucks; that I've seen anyway. -
    - Stock Bed, Stock Tailgate. Coming soon...

- #1253 -

I'll sell my low mile Hotchkis tvs for 2500.

Just saying.

I bought one of the very last sets, and ordered through Jegs after confirming with Hotchkis that they had some left. I paid $601 shipped. Hotchkis wanted over $700 ordering from them direct.

Status

I bought one of the very last sets, and ordered through Jegs after confirming with Hotchkis that they had some left. I paid $601 shipped. Hotchkis wanted over $700 ordering from them direct.
    You got a set, congratulations! Very happy for you.

Thanks, but this was last year. And you said that when I got them. Lol.

Status

Thanks, but this was last year. And you said that when I got them. Lol.
    See I am consistent! I remember now, you need springs, sorry dude!

+ Reply to Thread