+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New blower kit

Default New blower kit

Well we are finally finishing up on our new supercharger system. The kit uses the Vortech head units. The stage 1 kit is offered as a serpentine belt drive system featuring it's own drive belt and an adjustable boost control valve much like a turbo. It uses a self lubricated S trim. Stage 2 system uses a cog drive belt and YSI. We are also offering the kit as just brackets and hardware and you supply your blower. We will post some pics soon of the system along with pricing.
    Last edited by perfinj; 04-14-2014 at 12:25 AM.

Black Pearl

Status

Good to hear. Looking forward to upates.
    If you haven't lived for something, you'll die for nothing.

Enough Show, Need More Go

Status

Sounds good Chris looking forward to it!
    1998 Silver RC SLT - Hughes 2.02 Heads, Mopar M1 4bbl Intake, Mopar 4bbl TB, 230/236 .515/.515 on a 110, 1.6 Roller Rockers, 4.10's, Spintech Headers, 3" Duals, X Pipe, Chambered Mufflers, 4/4 Drop, 727 Full Manual w/Transbrake, PTC 4500 Stall

12.90 at 104mph

Default Supercharger kit

This is the truck we have one of our prototype systems installed on. It is one of our built 360ci boosted engines. It features billet main caps, stock crank, H beams, PIE custom blower pistons, and our iron stage 2 ported heads.

The engine was built a couple of years back for the customer. The customer had just a regular vortech kit on it and finally wanted to upgrade from the S-trim. He purchased the YSI with our blower drive and the boost control system.

The truck also has one of our fuel systems. The truck being a 94 Dak was originally an OBD-1 so we converted it to OBD-2 with our conversion kit.

Our drive system features a one piece crank pulley utilizing a 10 rib belt for the blower and a mechanical tensioner on the blower. We have a cog drive going to be available.

Pictured is the boost control system. This acts like a wastegate on a turbo. Allowing the boost to hit about 1000 rpm earlier than a typical centrifugal supercharger. Once the boost levels have been set for a high and low it can be controlled by a simple switch in the cab.

Sorry the dyno pic might be a little hard to read. The lower power is on 8 lbs and the higher is on 16lbs. The one thing limiting factor on this combo is the headers. They are a tri y design with a 2.5" collector. There is still more power in this combo. I let off early on the 16 lb pull and we had not even crested yet.
    Last edited by perfinj; 04-16-2014 at 05:37 PM.

Back in black

Status

Whats the price tag on a stage 1 kit, with and without blower?

Any updates here?
    10.56@125.45 1.43 60 ft. all motor, all magnum, pump gas, full exhaust.

Yes I do have some updates. I have a video of the system installed and driving. The power is awesome comes on like a screw blower. I will try and post it this weekend,

This kit has my attention for sure. Also that Dakota is an awesome setup
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Filthy Filbert
    Nope. No engineers here. We're all just a buncha dum red neck monkeys scratching our asses and flinging poo at each other, wondering why our magnums are slow, expensive, and can't get good MPGs

It is one of our 360sc engines I built a few years back for the customer. Back than he had just a regular vortech setup with an S-trim. He had sent the truck to me for what turned out to be a broken trigger wheel. It made 600RWHP with the new setup from about 430 RWHP. The only part that is weak is the headers. They are fender well headers with 2.5 collectors. If it was a 3 or 3.5" collector I am sure we would see another 50 hp or so. As I have mentioned I have some video and also the new dyno sheet to post. Thank you guys for the interest.

Chris, can you comment on the serpentine belt system? Slippage? What boost level have you tested it to?
    Thanks,
    Tom
    10.56@125.45 1.43 60 ft. all motor, all magnum, pump gas, full exhaust.

Any idea on pricing?
    1998 Dakota R/T
    https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-5Qwt4vRdHrM/UqZdWhLt2tI/AAAAAAAAAB8/WtseaWnGPTM/w732-h549-no/1384281_10151646266675723_1560687758_n.jpg

Status
    Blog Entries

Saw and heard this truck today what a beast!

Just the right amount of blower whine to strike fear in any one next to you!

Was hitting boost on the guage in park this system seems very stout!

00 FR RC Dakota R/T Turbo 11.56@118

99 Amethyst RC Dakota R/T 1-170 13.84@98

P.I.E. tuned cause Flynn is for the Birds if you wanna Run Fast have some PIE !

Just call me George W

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RTchas View Post
    Saw and heard this truck today what a beast!

Just the right amount of blower whine to strike fear in any one next to you!

Was hitting boost on the guage in park this system seems very stout!
    Sounds like gas would suck pretty bad. I guess if we are talking a 600whp v8 we don't really care too much about gas though lol.

No not at all. When we designed our turbo system we picked up 4 miles per gallon on our display truck. This will be much the same. Now if you stand on it all the time than yes gas mileage will not be very good but nothing would be if you beat it all the time.

Status

I can't wait to see pricing and more info on the site.

Default Blower parts

Here is the rear bracket that bolts to the head. We made it heavy duty to help reduce flex.

The front blower bracket. Made from 6061 .750" thick material. We made this heavy duty as well to also help eliminate the front bracket from flexing.

The bracket system assembled

Any prices on this kit yet?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Filthy Filbert
    Nope. No engineers here. We're all just a buncha dum red neck monkeys scratching our asses and flinging poo at each other, wondering why our magnums are slow, expensive, and can't get good MPGs

Not just a blower hat but a major player in the system. First of we eliminated one common issue with blowing out the gasket between the throttle body and the blower hat. There is an adapter welded to the hat that features an o-ring. The second is the heart of the boost control system. It is a dual stage blow off valve. It acts as a blow off valve and a wastegate to control the level of boost.

That air hat is a nice piece!
    Colby
    DRTC#1159
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve '02CC View Post
    Was this an autocorrect error or are you referring to plugging $1 bills up their colon so that they can't poop?
    Quote Originally Posted by Duner View Post
    Who R/T'd in your Wheaties?

Another major upgrade from the original vortech system is our one piece pulley. We have the factory size pulley to drive all the accessories and and an 8" 10 rib pulley to drive the blower. The 8" allows us to use a larger blower pulley increasing the surface area and eliminating belt slip. The ten rib belt also help to keep that belt slip under control.

Front shot of the pulley. We use the main crank bolt to help keep the pulley attached to the crankshaft.

This is the control switch that allows selection between two different boost levels. Much like a turbo you can flip between two boost settings.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast