+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 03 stock in dash 6 disc changer question

Default 03 stock in dash 6 disc changer question

A while back I had some trouble with the IAC valve, and in the process of that, it killed the battery a few times from cranking it over (before I realized what the actual problem was). This kill/charge cycle (did we disconnect it? I can't remember now) apparently killed the CD changer. The stereo works just fine, all functions including RDS data. But it thinks it has no discs in it (yet there are 2). Initially, it wouldn't even switch to CD mode, nor accept any discs. Over time, it worked itself out a little, and now will switch to CD mode, but claims there are no discs. It will also load a disc, but after a few seconds will spit it back out. If you gently push it back in, it takes it in, mulls it over for about a minute, then says CD error.

I have attempted to load in each of the 6 slots. In each case it seems to think it's fine, and that a new disc is now in whatever slot chosen. Which really makes me wonder what happened to the 2 in it. (or what it's doing and thinks it's doing when loading and tracking slots)

Is there any way to fix this? And/or, is there any way to add an aux jack without replacing the unit?

I saw on another forum someone claimed to add an aux jack, but details were scarce and it was a different year, IIRC. Here, I saw someone post a link to icarkits.com. They claim to sell a kit to provide an aux jack to an 03, but don't say if it's for the in-dash 6-disc changer or not. And if it is, I'm curious how it interfaces/works.

Status

I just happen to have a 6 disk changer I'm not using, its from a 02 liberty, i would think its the same, and we can find out.
    If you make me a decent offer, its yours.
    G-Man

+ Reply to Thread