+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Charger Seats on Craigslist

DRTC Member #1146

Status

Default Charger Seats on Craigslist

2002 Flame Red RC R/T
    272 RWHP 315 ft/lb TQ
    218/226 Comp Cam, Stage 1 Ported EQ Heads, PRW 1.6 Roller Rockers, PIE Custom Tune, Full spintech exhaust with 3" side exit, 52mm Holley, Ported Kegger, Viper E-Fan, Powerdemon Trans, Hotchkis Springs, Leafs and Sway Bars, R/T 20's, Gen 3 viper seats, Custom "Rejected" State Inspection Sticker
    Plenty More to come

OG DRTC

Status

Shit the last set with screwed up headrests is a deal. I've got good headrests and I'd love to have the SRT8 bolstered seat.

Have these been fitted in a Dakota yet?

11.09@123

Pay now or pay when it comes home on a flatbed. Sometimes both. Part of the game.

OG DRTC

Status

I currently have leather/power/heated seats out of a 2006 Charger in my truck.

Quote Originally Posted by hskr View Post
    I currently have leather/power/heated seats out of a 2006 Charger in my truck.
    Good to know

11.09@123

Pay now or pay when it comes home on a flatbed. Sometimes both. Part of the game.

Status

What's it take for these to fit in our trucks guys if it's easy might be picking the ones in Minneapolis up.

OG DRTC

Status

Remove stock seats/tracks. Fabricate a mount for the front of Charger seats to connect to factory front mount holes(piece of angle iron). Once front is bolted down drill holes though floor for rear bolts and buy/install longer bolts with nut underneath the truck.

Accumulating parts...

Status

I have a new set of SRT8 seats. Haven't fit them in my red truck yet. Hopefully before summer. Have to dig out my extra sets of rails from storage.
    12.10@106@Famoso Raceway

OG DRTC

Status

You won't be able to mount the charger seats to stock Dakota rails and be able to fit in the truck unless you are short or lean sear way back. Even with mine using just the charger rails flat on floor my head hits on the center roof support unless I lean seat back.

Accumulating parts...

Status

You won't be able to mount the charger seats to stock Dakota rails and be able to fit in the truck unless you are short or lean sear way back. Even with mine using just the charger rails flat on floor my head hits on the center roof support unless I lean seat back.
    I am short -lol
    I was thinking of mounting the Dakota rails to seats for an easy mount. I can add brackets to SRT8 rails though. Did you utilize the charger electronics on yours? That's my main hurdle holding me back to finding time to fab them up.
    12.10@106@Famoso Raceway

OG DRTC

Status

You can't easily separate the sliders and motors from the Charger seats. You will actually remove the mounting brackets from the seats leaving you with just the sliding rails themselves. There is no way to really remove them from the seats and be able to mount Dakota rails. And even then they would sit up way too high. Your only options are to fab up angle iron for the front, and then drill new holes in the rear. Or do the front with angle iron and measure , cut and fab up some flat stock to allow the charger seats to attach using the stock dakota mounts. But then you will have clearance problems with the bolts hitting the floorboard that connect the flat stock to the chaarger rails.

Hskr, how tall are you? Im interested in doing this swap.

11.09@123

OG DRTC

Status

6'5"

6'5"
    Perfect, thanks

11.09@123

+ Reply to Thread