+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TOTQ / TOTY new forum process

CDXX

Status
    Blog Entries
    Pro Classifieds

Default TOTQ / TOTY new forum process

Winners,

No updates will be implemented to the old website media page. Due to an upgraded system on the new 4.2.2 Vbulletin board the CMS (Content Management System) will be taking care of the media section itself.

However, going forward during the TOTQ and TOTY events, you will be required to create a thread with full information/bio/photos/video links/etc. Be sure to include anything in your main TOTY or TOTQ thread (first post / OP).

All this information will be controlled by the CMS and updated to the CMS home portal where all visitors to the site will see your information.

New forums are coming along. Still working out a few more issues, but wanted to make sure winners of these events are aware of the new process that will be followed on the new forums.

Thanks,

DRTC #1064

Sounds cool Chris .... Thanks for all the hard work

Are you using a cms for the main site or does vb have that built in??? I have built quite a few joomla sites and use magento for my business once you figure it out cms rocks

"The journey is more fun than the destination"

CDXX

Status
    Blog Entries
    Pro Classifieds

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRT View Post
    Sounds cool Chris .... Thanks for all the hard work

Are you using a cms for the main site or does vb have that built in??? I have built quite a few joomla sites and use magento for my business once you figure it out cms rocks
    CMS is included in the Vbulletin Suite package.

If you're famiilre with forum setup and modification, you can try it for free here --> http://www.vbulletin.com/en/vb4-trial/

That link also includes info on the new forums.

DRTC #1064

I just setup a 4.2.2 forum for an organization here ..... I just didn't mess with the cms portion of it. I did find that link last night and poked around, pretty slick.

Why didn't you go to vb5? Just out of curiosity. We decided against it for a few reasons but now everyone seems to be going to 5

"The journey is more fun than the destination"

CDXX

Status
    Blog Entries
    Pro Classifieds

To many bugs, many of the issues and mods have been released and/or fixed in 4.X

Give 5 another year or so, we'll be able to upgrade.

4.X will at least upgrade the MYSQL Database at the same time, so future updates will be a simple over night upgrade.

Plus too, 5 would require a server move. 5 uses a higher version of PHP and MYSQL, which isn't supported on this VPN server.

DRTC #1064

+ Reply to Thread