+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: State of the DRTC union...

Default State of the DRTC union...

So I am writing this as a blanket statement that I believe is a feeling a lot of EX-MEMBERS of the DRTC have and to try and see if there is any camaraderie left whatsoever.

I was told by a gentleman who I consider a friend today some things that got my gears turning and he is also a member of this club.

So here it goes - I hope some of the guys in hiding will come forward to participate in this. As regardless what a few of you think this is important to me as this stupid truck has been with me for almost half my life and shaped my life in more ways than one, only my closest friends know what I am talking about but it can be summed in three letters "GSM". I am a unique case in the fact I cant be lumped with any one group as I have in vested a lot into the club and the site yet have a couple bones to pick at the same time, to say any different is quite frankly wrong. But no matter which side of the fence you are on you may want to read this further.

*DISCLAIMER* If you truly HATE the CLUB itself you need not read further. But alot of the guys who hate the club still post everyday, just sayin. Now with a new president maybe this is the perfect time or the could be the worst time for this post. But, otherwise sit back and grab a coke, a smile and STFU and read something from the heart before the holidays.

I feel as though the general consensus is, at least from my point of view, I dont hate the DRTC as a club nor do I, nor have I done it any harm. Quite the opposite, the club was in the depths of hell in 2008 when Steve Feiler and I took on the task of creating a completely new website and forum for all of us RT owners to call our e-home. After Steve left when he sold his RTs I tried my best to keep up with a forum software I didnt really know and the website, life got in the way with children and marriage and starting a new business and I just over loaded. However membership picked back up and remained solid. Since that time new people are around, OGs stayed around but there grew to be a disdain for a club that was only here to offer an inner circle so to speak for all of us to discuss our trucks and hang out. I wont go into the why that happened but the dislike for certain "things" caused all of us to pay a penalty in the fact I have thought many times about just never logging in again but cant bring myself to that. Some have stopped logging in, guys that may not be liked by all but really have good insight and offer some of the best tech advice available for these trucks and our platform.

Like it or not there is only two WEBSITES for this platform anymore that are worth a shit - dakduh has been a wasteland for quite some time and its pathetic now especially with the new format, for sale section only there for me! Dakotausa, customdakotas, etc....are all ghosttowns - they havent had but a handful of posts in YEARS!!! So the two left are racemagnum and dakotart - racemagnum takes some getting used to and dakotart offers a comfortable place for most people to post around in, which is cool. The problem I FEEL is it has become over moderated for many of the guys, the caveat being lots of times the moderation seems biased based on who the flame war involves. I know the DRTC hates to hear it but there are some truly genuinely nice guys on RM (lucky13, nitroram, rawndart) being just SOME of them that come to mind that NEVER posts here unless cuz RIOT LOL....those guys have always helped me with stuff that quite frankly NOONE on the DRTC even had an answer to. Even the bleach and fire guy answers my questions there LOL! RM guys hate to acknowledge the same of the DRTC - some genuinely nice guys who have ALWAYS helped me (madboy, x_hawaiirt, 1evilrt, sick_660r) just to name a few, they too have helped with stuff that noone on RM could - my boy Josh Klein being the biggest one for getting my pile of crap running again when I just didnt have the time.

Without naming names or kicking this into a direct flame war - there is certain situations that like it or not have been handled poorly that have caused this great continental divide within a community that is too tiny to split. I would love to ditch my truck sometimes for a new hobby but its got too much sentimental value for me to do that right now - I like have an online venue to go to but I feel on the defensive every time I login like most guys who have chosen to leave and become part of that "other" site. I know some individuals have said some very harsh things and do so on a daily basis but I guess in my think tank time today I wonder is it really worth it??? Some of the guys preach hatred about the club but when you ask them they at one time or still do like the club but not some of the players, but at the end of the day talking everyone into leaving the DRTC leaves us with nothing but a smoldering pile of ash.

Guys on both sides of the aisle make the mistake of saying things that are quite frankly RIOT material when its not really necessary. Some people are allowed by the forum moderators to run their mouth to the point its personal with no consequence until return fire is sent then its knock it off or GTFO, which I dont believe is right either. So I forced myself to take a step outside the box and look at things and wonder if there is a solution or just a bandaid to stick on the gushing gash. There is literally DOZENS of guys who choose to not re-up memberships for a multitude of reasons, for a club with less than 150 paid members, that is a HUGE gain in guys who would be willing to all be a part of a HOBBY for a nominal amount of money each year. For those guys who think the membership dues is a money grab and thats all the club cares about - well, in laymans terms thats ignorant - its less than 4000 a year to try and keep a website going that costs half of that I believe due to server requirements and such.

Taking that into account if there were 30-40 more guys think of how fun dual national meets would be every year (if you havent been to a big one like Tucson in 2002 you are really missing out IMO). But one east and west every year would give LOTS of guys a chance to participate. And since the trucks are out of production and I just like cool cars why not try to get SRTs there, other dakotas and durangos maybe even some local vipers - it would be a legit show n shine as some of those guys spend more than lots of guys yearly salaries

And I also must say that if we can figure out a way to coexist maybe make some changes that are agreeable to the masses we can have TWO places worth hanging out in. So the last questions I was pondering are what would I like changed here that is REASONABLE (saying FIRE CHAS is not reasonable, some may feel that way but its not why I posted this and spent a couple hours figuring out how to word this and make it non inflammatory to all sides). So please participate with the intent of seeing if there is any progress that can be made - if its a lost cause then I will confine myself to moving along my merry way. If this post is just deleted I will ask my username to be removed and all posts along with it, no other hard feelings - this has been burning at me since I decided to return after the mini meets. So here is my short list of things I would like to see the execs/reps consider AS WELL AS the member base - if you feel the urge to be an inflammatory AH I ask you to sit this one out, a simple NOT INTERESTED reply will suffice. I feel the club is slipping down a path of no return and that would honestly be ashame, love it or hate it, these trucks are now 12-17 years old and out of production for 10 years - nothing else will come along as a haven for the current owner base.

1.) Biased moderation has no place in an OPEN discussion forum - like it or not it has and does happen. That said there is times that it gets so far off topic thats where I feel moderation has a place. There is a flame wars section for heated threads to be moved to USE IT!
    2.) Realizing that personal and business are just that, separate things. A shady vendor or friend or whatever has no place in a "family" of enthusiasts - family trumps friends every time and there is no reason to play favorites IF there is a legit argument or complaint. And NO its not just the whole PIE thing - I PERSONALLY feel like others did not get fair shakes in transmission deals either because they were part of "another" site. The bottom line is if there is a vendor OR individual taking advantage of other members, "family" always comes first. This is realizing that there have been COUNTLESS shady businesses and members over the years who were considered honest, trustworthy and competent at ONE point and people who went against them died at the stake LOL!
    3.) I would like to see the consideration of letting other vehicles using the same powerplant or platform allowed to join and participate. I realize this is an RT club but every time you read of a part out or a TOTAL that is current or potential members down the drain - you just can sustain that forever as there is LOTS of those. Plus it would make the meet potentials ever for local GTG so much better. Hell there is really no good prospects for div 5 execs anymore - maybe someone that has interest with a durango or a quad cab would be willing to step up and HELP the club? I know it has been discussed in years past but this is JMO. Afterall my truck really isnt even an RT any more - wheels gone, suspension changed, brakes upgraded, interior gone, supercharged, basically NOTHING is as it came from the factory.
    4.) Maybe if we all want to agree with this being a new path so to speak - that guys like Danno will come back to post, like it or not he has some good info and the site has declined since his departure. Also maybe a consideration to bring back others who are banned with the obvious understanding that the ban button is still that close.

Food for thought gentleman - like I said if its a lost cause, then so be it but lets see if I can challenge everyone to at least a constructive conversation and flaming aside for just one thread. HELL maybe there is a chance to make a place we all can use constructively for either the benefit of selling / buying parts or for tech info or or or or.....

I realize that its not like there will be no arguments or flaming but it would be nice to see the group as a whole conversing again. I realize some people are just assholes, you know who you are and I expect that I will always have issues in those cases. I am sure the same goes for others.

So happy holidays and this could be one of many more posts from me or my last.

Caio!

Todd
    Last edited by WhiteRT; 12-13-2014 at 04:13 AM.

"The journey is more fun than the destination"

At the end of the day I am of the opinion some kind of change needs to happen is the short version

Status

I have personally been a member of a few different clubs over the years and never seen this many problems on any other forums. Id like to see that change.

Vortech V-3, 52mm TB, EQ Heads, "R/T" Cam, MSaine VB, 2800 Stall, HS 1.7's, 11.6 @ 119 in 1/4

Enough Show, Need More Go

Status

Agreed
    1998 Silver RC SLT - Hughes 2.02 Heads, Mopar M1 4bbl Intake, Mopar 4bbl TB, 230/236 .515/.515 on a 110, 1.6 Roller Rockers, 4.10's, Spintech Headers, 3" Duals, X Pipe, Chambered Mufflers, 4/4 Drop, 727 Full Manual w/Transbrake, PTC 4500 Stall

12.90 at 104mph

Status

I have been here a long time... I liked it better when we all just bullshit about our trucks and drank beer together.
    HI. I like beer, burnouts, and boobies...

Status

Thank you for a well worded statement, Todd. I too have told myself "that's it, I'm done". BUT, there just isn't anywhere that covers the entire gamut of topics about these trucks.
    I do feel like moderators have been one sided with the "Ban Hammer". And, club decisions biased towards one side of the country. Granted, the Eastern states members probably out number Western states members 3 to 1. BUT, this is where having two meets comes into play.
    There just doesn't need to be all the bashing, name calling and sarcastic remarks inferring things that keep arguments going.
    As far as getting Danno, Ginn & some others back... good luck with that. I believe the Dagger in the back went too deep this time.
    And, BTW, I haven't and probably won't re-new my membership. I plan on making it to the Reno meet. But, will attend as a "fellow R/T enthusiast".
    Thanks for reading and hopefully there will be some healing done.
    99 DA CC R/T
    13.97@100 w/modded kegger & ported TB
    12.96 @103
    10:8-1 .30 over forged bottom end
    R/T ported heads
    Detroit locker 4:56 gears
    Built 46RE MSaine 3500 stall Ultra Billet
    http://imgur.com/a/lOVuZ

---Under Construction---

Status

I agree Todd. I joined this forum back in 2009 and I have seen it change a bunch in the past couple of years. I miss the good old days thats for sure and hopefully something good will come from this thread. I too have not renewed my memebership because of some of the reasons you mentioned. I consider the DRTC my home, but more often now i just consider leaving the forums behind and only dropping in when the national meet is coming up.

My R/T build (rebuild) thread

http://www.dakota-durango.com/forum/...d.php?t=133167
    Quote Originally Posted by 70Cuda383 View Post
    It's an emissions thing. someone, somewhere said that the millions of gallons of gas that evaporate to the atmosphere every year was killing tree frogs on some south african isalnd or some shit, those endangered tree frogs can suck my left nut.

Not so newbie

Status

I couldn't agree more. Todd, I haven't been here nearly as long as you or many others here for that matter but, in the three years or so I've been here, I've come to call many of you my friends and a few, family. I too have been witness to the decline of the club and about a year ago, I left out of frustration. Recently I started checking in to see what's going on and it seems like nearly every thread is full of bickering, name calling, trash talk, it's like 4th grade all over again... We used to be able to help one another and lend our knowledge as little as it may be, to point someone in the right direction without getting flamed for it.

As far as venders goes, our execs and reps bear the responsibility to hold the vendor to the standard. In business we have to put "friendship" aside to protect the interest of the membership. Not shield and protect the vendor from the membership. Sensorship and moderation to conceal an issue or protect an agenda is nonsense.

I will never let go of my truck, as it has become as much family as my family, and I would like to see this club grow and strengthen or it will fade away as many have before. We must put aside our differences, attitude, arrogance, pride and become the helping community we once were.
    MAGA

I like free kittens

Status

ok Todd. I'll brush off the log-in for this one... (it was brought to my attention by another ex-member who doesnt post anymore, but still lurks. that's more than I do)

I'm one of the ones who left, and I left after the last drama fest.

I'll summarize why I left:

the voice of the membership cast a vote, I believe the outcome was somewhere around 55/45 split. (if that were a presidential vote, they'd have called it a landslide win) and yet the club leadership holds the power and only they could actually do what the outcome of the vote wanted. they just about unanimously voted in favor of the 45% minority because that's the group they were in themselves.

I don't want to be a member of a club where the leadership does what THEY want, and not what the MEMBERS want.

Also, the club officers are always voted in behind closed doors, again, BY the club leadership. I hear there was a recent president change and officer shake up. Question--was there any public discussion of this election PRIOR to the vote? Did any club execs discuss the vote with their regional members to see how they felt? I wouldn't know if there was because I haven't been logged in or reading on here in quite some time, but guessing by the response in the group text that I'm in, I'd guess no, because in a group text of 8 people, 3 of who are club execs/officers, it seemed to be a surprise to them that there was an election. If I am wrong here, I apologize, maybe it was discussed in the public forum before the election.

but if it was not, combine that with the above fact about club membership voicing one thing, club execs going with the minority... it boils down to one simple statement...

The club officers/elected execs do not trust the members. Thats why there's no public elections outside of your district rep...They don't trust YOU the member, to make a sound rational choice.

As for the current drama between DRTC and RM. It's not about website against website. it's about people who feel slighted and burned by a few members of the DRTC leadership.
    --Tom
    **Photobucket can suck my nut**

I'm a douchebag

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Filbert View Post
    ok Todd. I'll brush off the log-in for this one... (it was brought to my attention by another ex-member who doesnt post anymore, but still lurks. that's more than I do)

I'm one of the ones who left, and I left after the last drama fest.

I'll summarize why I left:

the voice of the membership cast a vote, I believe the outcome was somewhere around 55/45 split. (if that were a presidential vote, they'd have called it a landslide win) and yet the club leadership holds the power and only they could actually do what the outcome of the vote wanted. they just about unanimously voted in favor of the 45% minority because that's the group they were in themselv
    I don't want to be a member of a club where the leadership does what THEY want, and not what the MEMBERS want.

Also, the club officers are always voted in behind closed doors, again, BY the club leadership. I hear there was a recent president change and officer shake up. Question--was there any public discussion of this election PRIOR to the vote? Did any club execs discuss the vote with their regional members to see how they felt? I wouldn't know if there was because I haven't been logged in or reading on here in quite some time, but guessing by the response in the group text that I'm in, I'd guess no, because in a group text of 8 people, 3 of who are club execs/officers, it seemed to be a surprise to them that there was an election. If I am wrong here, I apologize, maybe it was discussed in the public forum before the election.

but if it was not, combine that with the above fact about club membership voicing one thing, club execs going with the minority... it boils down to one simple statement...

The club officers/elected execs do not trust the members. Thats why there's no public elections outside of your district rep...They don't trust YOU the member, to make a sound rational choice.

As for the current drama between DRTC and RM. It's not about website against website. it's about people who feel slighted and burned by a few members of the DRTC leadership.
    I to am a little concerned that a new pres. was put in without any input from the members. Didn't even know we were looking for new pres. Outcome may have been the same. But why so quiet about it? The only position that should be voted on by the members is the President.
    Last edited by chase1500; 12-13-2014 at 01:12 PM. Reason: add

Status
    Blog Entries

I was a early member.. I ordered my RT in Late 98 , got it in late December a early 99 Solar Yellow.. At that time there were very little mods or info , this club was the only place for info.. We used to get news letters etc.. Then it all kinda stopped...joking and whatever is fine.. I'm ok with that.. But when someone posts and gets bashed or it becomes a flame war.. It turns off people .. These trucks are fewer and fewer do to age or wrecks ..ironic that we have more mods and parts than we did years ago.. Make it worth members staying ..

Status

Quote Originally Posted by chase1500 View Post
    I to am a little concerned that a new pres. was put in without any input from the members. Didn't even know we were looking for new pres. Outcome may have been the same. But why so quiet about it? The only position that should be voted on by the members is the President.
    Just for what it's worth, the four main roles (President, VP, Secretary, and Treasurer) are nominated and elected on the executive board only. As far as I know, it's been this way forever.

Good post Todd...I need some more time to put my thoughts into words on this.
    Andrew
    1999 IB RC R/T
    TKO600

Status

Hey guys, I love your input, I wasnt gonna post here and only read comments and concerns, BUT, your questioning the presidency election, the DRTC BY-laws state as follow,

The 4 executives (President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer) shall be nominated and elected by their peers on the executive board only. Nominations and elections will take place in the executive board forum. The President will preside over these nominations and elections, and monitor the vote. The Secretary will validate the election. In the event that an executive steps down before their 2 year term expiration, the replacing executive shall fill in for their unexpired term.

I hope this clears any or all confusion as to the presidential vote. If anybody has ANY questions please PM or email me
    Last edited by 1EVILR/T; 12-13-2014 at 01:49 PM.

want more inchs STROKE IT

Status

I think the executive board operates just fine. And Jim will do an excellent job as the new pres!

Bad Luck Truck
    Current setup
    „R„block 429ci W5 heads 700hp N/A
    1/8 mile #'s 6.47@105 1.37 60’ 10.23@131

Old 1/4 numbers below with 408
    Fastest N/A 2010,2011,2014
    477-RWHP ?-RWTQ

11.244 ET @ 119.71mph N/A
    FOXHOLE RACING
    "If you like me good, if you hate me, even better!"
    Chris

Status

I will give my 2 cents as a paid member that doesn't know "any" execs and only about four members. I like the DRTC site as I feel comfortable making posts and threads here without fear of someone ( who probably "does" know everything) bashing me for being a noob or calling me a fag/nigger. I agree that in order for club memberships to go up there needs to be an area added for non-rt vehicles also. They don't build these trucks anymore and the aftermarket just plain out doesn't really support them either so unless it expands to other mopars this site WILL eventually die out. I mean how many times can we possibly ask about wheel spacers? Also my 408 green dakota 4x4 was just as impressive as any rt.
    Lately I also have been telling myself that I was not going to renew either of my memberships (rm or drtc) because of the ongoing battles that seem to just keep finding themselves into every new thread. As for the whole vendor thing I also believe its up to the execs to protect the club members and ensure that they are doing good work, if not drop them as a vendor because you are just gonna piss all your members off. My old truck was a KRC disaster that at the time of purchase was a highly supported vendor also and look where they are today. They don't even work on chrysler engines anymore and had to change their name.
    I really hope this all gets sorted out and the site continues to thrive and instead of making personal attacks on each other just realize a little EAST/WEST competition is a good thing and keeps us pushing each other to be ontop.
    BTW: that being said....Kris I love your truck but I got you in my sights in the near future....lol
    The recent facebook posts of the guys joining together and donating stock parts to help out the poor guy that engine blew up is exactly the type of comradery that this club needs

Status

Quote Originally Posted by bruizer28 View Post
    I will give my 2 cents as a paid member that doesn't know "any" execs and only about four members. I like the DRTC site as I feel comfortable making posts and threads here without fear of someone ( who probably "does" know everything) bashing me for being a noob or calling me a fag/nigger. I agree that in order for club memberships to go up there needs to be an area added for non-rt vehicles also. They don't build these trucks anymore and the aftermarket just plain out doesn't really support them either so unless it expands to other mopars this site WILL eventually die out. I mean how many times can we possibly ask about wheel spacers? Also my 408 green dakota 4x4 was just as impressive as any rt.
    Lately I also have been telling myself that I was not going to renew either of my memberships (rm or drtc) because of the ongoing battles that seem to just keep finding themselves into every new thread. As for the whole vendor thing I also believe its up to the execs to protect the club members and ensure that they are doing good work, if not drop them as a vendor because you are just gonna piss all your members off. My old truck was a KRC disaster that at the time of purchase was a highly supported vendor also and look where they are today. They don't even work on chrysler engines anymore and had to change their name.
    I really hope this all gets sorted out and the site continues to thrive and instead of making personal attacks on each other just realize a little EAST/WEST competition is a good thing and keeps us pushing each other to be ontop.
    BTW: that being said....Kris I love your truck but I got you in my sights in the near future....lol
    The recent facebook posts of the guys joining together and donating stock parts to help out the poor guy that engine blew up is exactly the type of comradery that this club needs
    Your thoughts are great, not only did a bunch of guys rally to help out a fellow TRUCK owner out, BUT when Erics house burned down, Don put together a rally to buy gifts for Erics children so they can have a nice christmas, in my eyes those gestures go a long way with people these days, hell im 6'1" 240, and reading that thread brought tears of joy to me, I looked around to make sure nobody at my house saw me wiping my eyes, LOL
    Last edited by 1EVILR/T; 12-14-2014 at 01:54 AM.

Status

These trucks are a dying breed,a thing of the past. It is the clubs duty as a WHOLE to keep this thing going, its always going to be just like gov't with dems and reps, but if members and exec's can iron some issues out and put ego's aside things could turn around, it sucks seeing old members and newer members disappear, it sucks i never made it to a BIG national meet. But someday maybe there will be another giant meet, i love these trucks for some stupid reason and havent been able to move on from them, this forum is a place that i frequent daily, i enjoy helping members with problems and trying to get more involved with the club, it is also the duties of members to be a team player, some are out just to get their .02 cents in,also when mini meets and national meets or even a get together at someone house members really need to make an effort to come, who knows maybe you will actually enjoy yourself and come out of your shell, we dont care if your truck doesnt have a perfect paint job or 20k invested in it, we just want to hang out and escape from our jobs
    1999 solar fire reboot
    Gas-Beat-Repeat

Turbo Dakota Junky

Status

Put away the BAN hammer.
    Chasing away people never grows a club.

Don't make everything into an "us vs them" issue.
    Dividing the membership never grows a club.

Work to keep the club from being "Division 1 Centric."
    Not everybody lives there - but we still want to be in the club.

Don't tie yourself to any vendors.
    There will always be disputes between vendors and customers. That's how it always goes when money changes hands.
    Don't risk the club by moderating disputes between vendors and customers and always choosing to side with your favorite vendor.
    Allow equal space for grievances - but obviously "clean-up" the jabs from the sidelines that are not actually relevant to the issue at hand.

When the membership speaks. Listen.
    The club IS the members.

I have other views as well - but have to get to work right now.....
    Duner
    4.7 Turbocharged CC in white - 12's
    5.9 Turbocharged RC in black - 10's

1999 Dodge Dakota R/T RC Turbo: 10.51 @ 130.13 MPH

Status

Quote Originally Posted by bruizer28 View Post

Anyone can be a member here, just can't be in office. Non r/t's can eVen compete in the times slips for trophies as well

^^^this guy gets it^^^
    There is no crying in baseball!

Come and get me bud! I love it, that's the spirit.!

Bad Luck Truck
    Current setup

477-RWHP ?-RWTQ

FOXHOLE RACING
    Chris

Status

Isn't it about time for Todd and danno to sum things up behind the scenes. And danno make a speech ?

Bad Luck Truck
    Current setup

477-RWHP ?-RWTQ

FOXHOLE RACING
    Chris

Status

Idk how many of you are also on the "dakota RT owners official Facebook page" or seen a couple of the posts lately but I myself (Zach F.) get into some pretty stupid arguments from the old timers that have nothing but shit to say about this club. I asked why everyone has such a hatred for it and they all turn into crickets.....nobody says another word except for call me a DRTC nutswinger and other stupid crap. We'll guess what folks I just renewed my paid member ship a couple weeks ago because this club has always been here for me within the short 3 years I've been a member. And I support those that support me. By supporting me I mean getting any troubleshooting I have figured out with multiple inputs from different people all over the world that had the same problem years ago. Try calling the dealership and asking what resistor you need to use to delete the evap, see how well that works out for you. These clubs are what makes out trucks unique, I'm proud to say I'm not in a mustang club where you go to a meet and there are 25 other GT's that are gloss black with the same wheels and a couple bolt ons. It's nice going to a show and having people say what's the R/T dakota? I personally have never been to a nationals meet due to my work schedule but I do go to Carlisle every year with Jim, his wife and son, chas this last year mopars&firearms joined in and I got to talk to phillyRT who is also a newer member and young like me (I'm 22). Suprizingly it's not us young guys that start the stupid flame wars on Facebook it's all the OG's that left 4 years ago and are holding a grudge like an 80year old stubborn grandfather....maybe if this club changes (just a little) over the next couple years we will at least get people from RM to maybe not join back but at least get she shit talking to be out to an end. Also not bringing up already burnt dog shit but if somebody has an issue with a supported vendor let them make the post and let them make it public and MAKE the vendor stand up for himself!!! If you have the right to be a supported vendor you have the right to make correct what you fucked up, you don't need your little clan of execs to delete every bashing comment to save your business. You did it, you fix it, you make it public to show OUR members that you care and correct your wrong doings.
    All in all I plan on being here for awhile, paying my membership when I can afford to (I don't see that being an issue tho) and enjoying hanging out and bullshitting with my fellow and few R/T members that have the same truck that pisses them off and Empties their bank account every month just to have someone tell us "it's just a dakota". Well F*** the haters!!
    DRTC lives On!!!
    The Rides:
    2000 Black & Orange RC R/T (1 of 321)-Project Money Pit-Future ZCode truck
    2000 Flame Red CC R/T (1 of 800)- Light mods, show worthy
    2009 Yamaha Raider Raven 113ci (1900cc)
    2005 Cavalier LS Sport (DD-Canadian Z24 version)
    1953 Buick Skylark (1 of 1,690-estimated less than 50 known to exist)

Quote Originally Posted by krs1r/t View Post
    Isn't it about time for Todd and danno to sum things up behind the scenes. And danno make a speech ?
    See it's stupid comments like that I was trying to avoid everyone else followed the rules but you, shocker. And since you are implying Danno helped with input on that you my friend are dead wrong. You can ask Shawn or any other EXECS I was texting last night. And if you feel everything is fine, great, it's not but that's your opinion. If it stays status quo I will move along as I said I would, my username will die with a few other guys. You forget noob some of us were here when this club was formed, it's always had bickering but never issues like this, so if you like it, keep it. Just watch guys who have actually donated years of their life to ensure you still had a club to join walk out the door!

To everyone else, thanks for the heartfelt input at the least hopefully this thread let everyone vent a bit!!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Duner View Post
    Put away the BAN hammer.
    Chasing away people never grows a club.

but when certain members are here from other sites just to try and dismantle the club "they have to go"

Don't make everything into an "us vs them" issue.
    Dividing the membership never grows a club.

there is just as much hate for DRTC over on rm as there is here, and "us vs them thrives" over there.

Work to keep the club from being "Division 1 Centric."
    Not everybody lives there - but we still want to be in the club.

Don't tie yourself to any vendors.

I don't believe anyone is tied to a vender. But I do know that there is "an engine forensics team" that diagnoses engines cause of failure threw pictures that hates a certain vender and will always try and make him look bad whether right or wrong on fb, here, and rm! The customer and the vender should hash out whatever it is to make things right, on the forum and or off the forum to let anyone watching know what kinda vender he is without the "special engine forensics team/lawyers pushing an agenda of hatred and "you should have let me build your motor".
    There will always be disputes between vendors and customers. That's how it always goes when money changes hands.
    Don't risk the club by moderating disputes between vendors and customers and always choosing to side with your favorite vendor.
    Allow equal space for grievances - but obviously "clean-up" the jabs from the sidelines that are not actually relevant to the issue at hand.

When the membership speaks. Listen.
    The club IS the members.

I have other views as well - but have to get to work right now.....

And just for the record, I'm on rm everyday. I know 90% over there doesn't care for me! but I'm a big boy! and I could care less! I post when I see fit, and I don't start threads to change anything there. Rm is rm! If I didn't like it I wouldn't go on there.

Bad Luck Truck
    Current setup

477-RWHP ?-RWTQ

FOXHOLE RACING
    Chris

Status

Quote Originally Posted by krs1r/t View Post

And just for the record, I'm on rm everyday. I know 90% over there doesn't care for me! but I'm a big boy! and I could care less! I post when I see fit, and I don't start threads to change anything there. Rm is rm! If I didn't like it I wouldn't go on there.
    Bully.
    11.27 @ 118.23
    2017 NM Mopar Challenge Series Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Adobedude View Post
    Teddy bear.
    Fixed

Lmao

Bad Luck Truck
    Current setup