+ Reply to Thread

Thread: uuuuuhhh...my coils are missing???

Status

Question uuuuuhhh...my coils are missing???

Hello. Remember I'm new to this but......
    okay I was looking at my truck today with thoughts of cutting a coil and lowering it but I have no coils??? Lol

rear is leaf's and front are shocks.
    here is pics of my truck and the underneath and some measurements of the heighths of it.

Its a 4wd but needs some work and I'm not into 4wheeling so 4wheelin is out!!!

Anyway....here are the pics. The blue one is one on here that is kind of what I'm wanting. Thanks for any help....tips or inexpensive droppin tips.

IM NOT REAL SMART BUT I CAN LIFT HEAVY THINGS!

Status

Well my pics aren't loading.

Status

You have torsion bars, look around the transmission crossmember and you will see a long bar running up to the control arm from it, there is an adjuster nut on it, unscrew it equally for both sides with the truck jacked up in the front
    1999 solar fire reboot
    Gas-Beat-Repeat

OG DRTC

Status

If you want to lower it, as mentioned, you can try to crank down the torsion bars but your ride will suffer incrementally. There isn't any off the shelf lowering kit for a 4wd. And you'd probably pay big money to get someone to make custom torsion bars. Shelby did it with the Shelby Durango's but that's all I know of.

Status

If u dont want a 4x4, sell it to someone that does and get you a 2wd. No matter what u do, the 4x4 will be substantially heavier and in turn slower. Best to start out with something different. But if u must lower it just jack it up and mark the bolt, count the turns and evenly unscrew them. This will lower the front. As far as the rear i cant remember if the axle is above or below on a 4x4 . If its under blocks will lift it. If its over they will lower it. Good luck.

Mostly stock:
    Open air Cleaner
    52mm TB
    No cat, flowmaster
    Way more mods to come

Status

4wd axle is flipped and block will raise it, only way to lower the rear is get a belltech shackle for a chevy 1500 2wd that has the adjustable bolt holes, do a search on google for how to lower the rear
    1999 solar fire reboot
    Gas-Beat-Repeat

OG DRTC

Status

Quote Originally Posted by nevr2fast01 View Post
    4wd axle is flipped and block will raise it, only way to lower the rear is get a belltech shackle for a chevy 1500 2wd that has the adjustable bolt holes, do a search on google for how to lower the rear
    Or do a "flip kit" on the leafs to put them under the axles, or grab an axle out of a 2wd with the same gear ratio.

Status

What ya going to do?

Mostly stock:
    Open air Cleaner
    52mm TB
    No cat, flowmaster
    Way more mods to come

Status

Im not sure yet.

I really like the truck and the motor n tranny is a low miles jasper so I hate to sell n restart . Especially when a quadcab is a must. I think I'm gonna just really put some thought into it before I jump the gun. I'm bad like that. I always get some oddity that needs extra stuff.

Wish I could post pics. It says there loaded but when I click the submit button nothing shows up????

+ Reply to Thread