+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Torq Storm Superchargers?

Status

Default Torq Storm Superchargers?

Anybody ever heard of or seen this newer company torqstorm.com? They make a kit for our trucks for $3k complete with everything including hemifever tuned SCT tuner. Looks pretty bad ass, all billit machined supercharger... and more kits for Hemi Rams and LX Charger/Challenger/300
    1999 RC RT 415 Stroker SCT tuned
    2006 Charger RT Hemi Wife's daily
    2004 Hemi Durango My daily
    1999 Ram 4x4 on 35s 5.5ish lift

R/Tless...for now

Status

They look good, I'd be interested to see some specs on the head unit tho.

-Dave-
    '01 QC 4x4 33s
    '98 RC V6

Status
    Blog Entries

From what I've heard it's Powerdyne 2.0 not same company but same poor design different name .

00 FR RC Dakota R/T Turbo 11.56@118

99 Amethyst RC Dakota R/T 1-170 13.84@98

P.I.E. tuned cause Flynn is for the Birds if you wanna Run Fast have some PIE !

Just call me George W

It's a "radically redesigned" powerdyne. Still haven't seen on installed on a Magnum since I first saw them over a year ago.
    Mopar or No Car!

1988 Dodge D250 318 [first car]
    2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7LO [sold]
    1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 LTD [sold]
    1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.2 LTD [wife's toy]
    1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 LTD [my toy]

I saw a dyno test on a 360 somewhere and was not impressed at all. But I also liked my Powerdyne and you won't here that anywhere from anyone!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Filthy Filbert
    Nope. No engineers here. We're all just a buncha dum red neck monkeys scratching our asses and flinging poo at each other, wondering why our magnums are slow, expensive, and can't get good MPGs

Status

Thought it would be a nice lil cheaper option to say vortec or procharger. Saw that it came with a limited lifetime warranty, I just woder how limited that warranty is.. And for the short time I had a powerdyne on my old v6 5speed it was a blast then had to sell it got tight on cash
    1999 RC RT 415 Stroker SCT tuned
    2006 Charger RT Hemi Wife's daily
    2004 Hemi Durango My daily
    1999 Ram 4x4 on 35s 5.5ish lift

Default Pie blower kit

One problem I see with the TS supercharger kit is that it is a small blower only capable of supporting stock type engine combos. So you purchase there kit for your stock or mild engine package and than you decide after a few passes down the track that you want to crank up the boost and make some real power only to relize the blower is maxed out and now your $3000.00 purchase doesn't look so good anymore.

Check out our supercharger system under our vendor location.

I actually bought one from them a year ago, Im still trying to get my high air fuel ratio figured out through tuning but I am very pleased with it. Not super loud but you can hear it. I have had to contact them and they worked with me to a point beyond belief. The problems I am having are probably due to my configuration.

Yes they are a new age powerdyne.

Update I actually just ordered a 2.9 pulley which should roughly be a 10 psi pulley. Once I install it ill let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by perfinj View Post
    One problem I see with the TS supercharger kit is that it is a small blower only capable of supporting stock type engine combos. So you purchase there kit for your stock or mild engine package and than you decide after a few passes down the track that you want to crank up the boost and make some real power only to relize the blower is maxed out and now your $3000.00 purchase doesn't look so good anymore.

Check out our supercharger system under our vendor location.
    You can get up to a 12 psi pulley, They told me that there may be belt slip with the belt they send. You can always measure out and get a belt that will accommodate.

Also I noticed they have came out with a twin supercharger kit also, it can handle up to 1000 hp.

pretty sick looking.

Bringing this back from the dead. I looked at their webpage, it says their system is supportable up to 700hp. This may be a stretch to get to 700hp on our MPI Mopar 360, but if someone is looking for a simple kit to get them to 500-600hp for ~$3100-3500, this kit should be fine. Upgrade the fuel pump , injectors and add a timing boost control for safety. Add another easy mod, convert to E85 and you won't need a intercooler. I saw on engine Masters they tested blower with E85 and no intercooler and the same blower with high octane gas/intercooler and the power was almost the same. If your engine is already built with good heads, cam, intake and exhaust, I think this would be a great street setup. Like it was said before, if you are looking for, let say ~600 hp and up, going with a higher flowing head uint will get you there much easier. Their facebook page has some pretty wild looking setups on it.

Status

Flyin Ryan posted a while back he was partnering with Torq Storm and was actually looking for guys to be Guinee pigs. Never heard any updates and suspect the results were not all that good. Convert to 2 bar Map, buy HP tuners and you don't need a boost timing controller.
    Mike Williams

98 DA RC GrapeJuice
    99 BLK CC (Buy Back)
    00 BLK RC ProCharged -Hotchkis - on and on (Sold)
    01 AF CC (Leased - Turned in)

Quote Originally Posted by evilrt View Post
    Flyin Ryan posted a while back he was partnering with Torq Storm and was actually looking for guys to be Guinee pigs. Never heard any updates and suspect the results were not all that good. Convert to 2 bar Map, buy HP tuners and you don't need a boost timing controller.
    How does that work? The 2 bar map senses the pressure and HP Turner pulls timing based on what you wrote into the tune?

Status

Pretty much. A SRT4 MAP, right size injectors and fuel pump. A good tuner to adjust the fuel and spark curves.
    Mike Williams

98 DA RC GrapeJuice
    99 BLK CC (Buy Back)
    00 BLK RC ProCharged -Hotchkis - on and on (Sold)
    01 AF CC (Leased - Turned in)

+ Reply to Thread