+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dyno'd the R/t today

Default Dyno'd the R/t today

Got to dyno the R/t today 212hp and 325tq mods In the sig.

http://youtu.be/P3MkkpfarDE

Link to video wondering why I didn't get much hp.
    Last edited by projecteclipse9; 10-18-2014 at 03:49 AM.

PPH headers, 2.25" y-pipe, 3" dumped before axle spintech 6000, Cold air intake, 2bbl m1, Hughes 52mm throttle body

Get you a tune!!!!!

"The journey is more fun than the destination"

Looks like an sct is in my near future then.

PPH headers, 2.25" y-pipe, 3" dumped before axle spintech 6000, Cold air intake, 2bbl m1, Hughes 52mm throttle body

Quote Originally Posted by projecteclipse9 View Post
    Looks like an sct is in my near future then.
    I have a brand new x3 in the box

OG DRTC

Status

Yep, you NEED a tune. With pretty much same mods and Mopar PCM my truck put down 250rwhp.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by projecteclipse9 View Post
    Got to dyno the R/t today 212hp and 325tq mods In the sig.

http://youtu.be/P3MkkpfarDE

Link to video wondering why I didn't get much hp.
    Maybe try some more bolt ons...port the heads, harland sharp rr's, underdrive pulley, electric fan, 180 thermostat, good sct tune. That should put you a little closer to 250-275 whp.

Mostly stock:
    Open air Cleaner
    52mm TB
    No cat, flowmaster
    Way more mods to come

Status

Bottom line, want more horsepower, need bigger cam!
    You need to figure out what you want to do with your truck, and speak to a GOOD cam company. They will then be able to grind a cam to your needs and your power requirements. After doing that, you will see power numbers improve to your expectations. External improvements only make tiny gains, big horsepower gains cost money.
    Edelbrock Magnum heads, Harland-Sharp 1:6 RR, Jomar Performance Ultra-Lite Stud Girdle, SoutheastPerformance Sheet Metal Valve Covers, Custom Hyd Roller from Reed Cams, Mopar M-1 2 Brl Intake, Hughes Stage 1 TB, JBA SS Headers, Jacobs Electronics Pro Street Ignition System and Wires, MBRP 'Cuda Style Exhaust, Western Chassis 2" drop front and rear, Edelbrock IAS Shocks, Terry DeLong Pro-Glass Shaker Hood

Status

Quote Originally Posted by kota360 View Post
    Bottom line, want more horsepower, need bigger cam!
    You need to figure out what you want to do with your truck, and speak to a GOOD cam company. They will then be able to grind a cam to your needs and your power requirements. After doing that, you will see power numbers improve to your expectations. External improvements only make tiny gains, big horsepower gains cost money.

Heads, then cam.
    11.27 @ 118.23
    2017 NM Mopar Challenge Series Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Adobedude View Post

Heads, then cam.

Tune then heads then cam.

He is leaving 30-40hp on the table without a tune and can't make heads or cam run for dick without it.

Really heads and cam should be simultaneous imo. But I a noob to this so its all good info

Hmm. Makes me wonder where I'm sitting at hp wise without a tune.
    2000 BK RC R/T (1 of 321)

M1 2bbl, HiPotek 52mm tb, HS 1.7 RR's, K&N CAI, 2800 PATC Stall, Flyin' Ryan tuned, Spintech mid length headers, Spintech 2.5" true dual exhaust, no cats, x-pipe, Magnaflow mufflers dumped before rear axle, Hotchkis sway bars, Belltech Street Performance shocks, Belltech leaf springs.

That what I am gonna do tune then eddys then cam. Want a daily street truck that I can take to the track and run 12's.

Gonna be awhile before I can get heads and cam got start saving all those Benjamin's.

Status

You're definitely leaving power on the table. My 99 had similar mods + MP PCM and it put down 255/320.
    2004 SRT4 Moar Pah Coming DD
    2002 Dakota R/T 12.376@110.84

"Is there any way to make this easier? I'm way confused now. I just tried to post a video, but instead I got my dick caught in the ceiling fan" Wyotech_Cuda440

Bottom line is you need a full top end rebuild. You need heads, cam, inake manifold and a good exhaust to get the numbers you want, not to mention all the other small parts it takes to compliment the heart. Please take this with a grain of salt because, you are never going to be satisfied.
    2000 CC
    11.37@122

+ Reply to Thread