+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 900 CRANK HP 360 Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by BLKDAK View Post
    Yea it does say that. The bolt may be good to 1500 but how about the rod. I have seen these fold over with motors making about 1000 crank hp. I would be scared with these rods. I did change the bolts from 8740 to 2000 rod bolts and I had to press in new bushings as the old ones were beat to death. I would feel better if I had some of the Scat pro I beam rods. I guess the only thing we have going for us is we are not turning the motor that hard at about 6200 rpm.

awesome setup
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Filthy Filbert
    Nope. No engineers here. We're all just a buncha dum red neck monkeys scratching our asses and flinging poo at each other, wondering why our magnums are slow, expensive, and can't get good MPGs

Status

More info on the Mopar Aluminum heads, Please
    G-Man
    and Nice Work

Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    More info on the Mopar Aluminum heads, Please
    G-Man
    and Nice Work
    What info are you wanting?

I gots to have mo'par-ts!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by perfinj View Post
    Our blocks are prepped with billet main caps and are hard blocked. The block does not concern me to much. I wish we had some stronger rods.
    Yeah sweet deal. So, theoretically speaking from your experience, (disregarding the rod limits) could you venture a guess on the extra potential you could see from the setup or is it too hard to say?

This is just too cool though, i mean 900bhp! lol holy moly!!!
    Yeah too bad about them rods...
    Awesome work.
    1999 R/T CC Flame Red (what's left of the paint)
    //SHAKER// 408 Forged // TKO600 5spd // Spintech-Mids // HiPoTek 106 LOPEYCAM // FRP Tuned //

What info are you wanting?
    Peak flow is nothing spectacular. We were about 280 cfm on the intake and the exhaust was about 200 cfm peak. The exhaust has Inconel valves to handle the heat. I had them custom made since no one makes a shelf valve to fit the bill. I used all comp springs, locks, and ret. The heads are the mopar magnum aluminum heads which are a sorry head but it's what we ha to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by JDreamR/T View Post
    Yeah sweet deal. So, theoretically speaking from your experience, (disregarding the rod limits) could you venture a guess on the extra potential you could see from the setup or is it too hard to say?

This is just too cool though, i mean 900bhp! lol holy moly!!!
    Yeah too bad about them rods...
    Awesome work.
    Well with this setup with the turbo we have I think we could hit about 780 - 800 RWHP. Putting us at about 1000 BHP. That would be about it and that would most likely be stretching our 80# inj to the limit both in the software and also adding some more fuel pressure. Right now we are comfortably at 50 psi fuel pressure and not into big numbers in the software. That would be the limit with SCT. Since you have to run a high impedance injector and the biggest currently is 80#. You would now need to go standalone efi.

Status

Peak flow is nothing spectacular. We were about 280 cfm on the intake and the exhaust was about 200 cfm peak. The exhaust has Inconel valves to handle the heat. I had them custom made since no one makes a shelf valve to fit the bill. I used all comp springs, locks, and ret. The heads are the mopar magnum aluminum heads which are a sorry head but it's what we ha to work with.
    Thanks for the reply,
    That Mopar head is the one I've been looking at, I've built my 360 with as many genuine Mopar parts as possible, those heads are pretty reasonably priced for an aluminum head,
    Thanks again for answering.
    Btw, do you know the part# of the heads in your build ?
    G-Man

What is this different head stud Tq method?
    1992 Dakota
    4WD to 2WD conversion
    46RH to Tremec TKO600 conv.
    408ci, F.A.S.T. XFI Controlled
    Air/Water Intercooler
    BW S400SX3 turbo

Yup What he said.

make it bigger STROKE IT

Status

How far do you back them off before re torquing them?

Forged 408 12.10 @ 111mph under the knife again

Quote Originally Posted by slvr03dakrt View Post
    How far do you back them off before re torquing them?
    Just so the nut is no longer engaged on the washer. When you do this you will apply more stretch to the stud since the head is already compressed into the head gasket.

make it bigger STROKE IT

Status

Makes sense I haven't used cometics but when I freshen up my motor I'll probably switch to them because i plan on spraying 150+.

Forged 408 12.10 @ 111mph under the knife again

SHIT! Chris damn it's been a while since I have been on the forum and hadn't seen this thread. But seeing these bad ass numbers TOTALLY motivated me to get my ass in gear for my twin project, I can't wait!
    That is damn impressive you the man! Well done sir.

Status

To the OP:
    How much work is it to put the Large Port Commando heads on a Magnum rt ?
    Redrill for intake bolts, offset shaft rockers, can it oil thru the pushrods? Gotta make the acc on the front of the motor fit, etc.
    G-Man

Got Beer?

Status

Nice DYNO numbers, now put up some numbers that matter. Good luck at the track.
    2003 Dakota R/T
    Hibernation
    Previous Best
    10.77@124

*Disclaimer - All suggestions given for performance modifications is assuming that you live close or at Sea Level

Quote Originally Posted by SB440R/T View Post
    Nice DYNO numbers, now put up some numbers that matter. Good luck at the track.
    Exactly, thanks Dave, did you get your papers. Was not sure how long it takes from here to Italy.

Got Beer?

Status

Exactly, thanks Dave, did you get your papers. Was not sure how long it takes from here to Italy.
    Actually arrived yesterday, thanks. When does this thing see the track? I have 17 days left here and hope to get back on the truck.
    2003 Dakota R/T
    Hibernation
    Previous Best
    10.77@124

*Disclaimer - All suggestions given for performance modifications is assuming that you live close or at Sea Level

Quote Originally Posted by SB440R/T View Post
    Actually arrived yesterday, thanks. When does this thing see the track? I have 17 days left here and hope to get back on the truck.
    Trying to make a couple 1/8 mile passes at the track this Sat. But there is still some things to do with the new boost controller. Finally got jim a real deal boost controller.

Status
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    To the OP:
    How much work is it to put the Large Port Commando heads on a Magnum rt ?
    Redrill for intake bolts, offset shaft rockers, can it oil thru the pushrods? Gotta make the acc on the front of the motor fit, etc.
    G-Man
    I wanna know too

00 FR RC Dakota R/T Turbo 11.56@118

99 Amethyst RC Dakota R/T 1-170 13.84@98

P.I.E. tuned cause Flynn is for the Birds if you wanna Run Fast have some PIE !

Just call me George W

Default La heads on Magnum block

It can be done but I think it is a little to much work for those large port commando heads. The only argument is that the LP commandos can be picked up for cheap. I scored a set for $400.00 on ebay. Only they had no valve seats and the other issue was that they came with 3/8 stem valves. So I swapped them for 11/32 and installed new ductile iron valve seats.
    You would have to drill and tap into the lifter oil feed passage and run a hard line (#4 brake line) to the passage in the head that feeds the shafts. That would solve the shaft oiling. The pushrod tunnels would need to just be checked for clearance. Simple work on a Bridgeport. Than just redrill the intake for La bolts. That I have done with the M1 4bbl before.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2