+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 02 Durango to 98 RT RC - Seats/Console

Default 02 Durango to 98 RT RC - Seats/Console

Hey guys,

I managed to find a 02 RT Durango local and I'm going to take a look at. The owner is just parting it out. The vehicle seems to be in pretty good shape. Especially the interior. My questions are:

- How are the power seats taken out? What tools should I be bringing with me? What sort of price should I be offering for these? Power leather + heated seats.

- Will the center console of the Durango fit the Dak? I'm concerned about clearance issues with length

- If the Durango has 2w ABS, will the ABS module fit a 98 Dak (I'm running 2w ABS)?

I've never pulled apart a Durango before. Not sure what all is involved with removing those parts and how much modification is required to make it work on the Dak.

Also, if anyone is looking for anything in particular on a 2002 RT Durango, let me know and I'll take a look
    Last edited by geoffbcvt; 10-07-2014 at 04:03 AM.

Status

Is the dakota already a 5.2? If so just swap the motor from the durango into the dakota, and put your 5.2 accessories on the 5.9 engine and be done. R/t clone. Its what I have and am damn proud of what it is. Alot of people will hate but it is what it is.

Mostly stock:
    Open air Cleaner
    52mm TB
    No cat, flowmaster
    Way more mods to come

Quote Originally Posted by 97dakota318 View Post
    Is the dakota already a 5.2? If so just swap the motor from the durango into the dakota, and put your 5.2 accessories on the 5.9 engine and be done. R/t clone. Its what I have and am damn proud of what it is. Alot of people will hate but it is what it is.
    Dakota is a 5.9. The guy call me and said he is going to try and fix the vehicle up instead of part it out

I was hoping to get two front fenders and those seats! Would have been nice to have heated powered leather seats

Parts on back on the market. Anyways, what sort of price would I be looking at for these seats and console if they are in good condition?

Quote Originally Posted by BLKDAK View Post
    Console is way different, floor pans are different and the Durango console has vents running thru it, pass on the console, not going to work with a lot of modifications.
    God dam it!!! Well that blows. What about the seats? I know I might have to modify the rails on them. What should I be offering him if they are in good condition?

+ Reply to Thread