+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Energy Suspension Cab/Body mounts

I've been looking to do this for a while now and had no success finding replacement bushings. Thank you Chad for bringing this thread back to life and Brian for being the guinea pig Just ordered a set off ebay for $62.00
    2000 CC
    11.37@122

OG DRTC

Status

Quote Originally Posted by slammedR/T View Post
    Are the core support bushings in the kit also?
    Only things I re-used were the cups on each end and the bolts.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by GoFastGray View Post
    Purchased these just a couple weeks ago. Good to know, hope you find a solution. I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to install mine since I'm doing ball joints and the whole ES kit together.
    i took it to a local machine shop and 40 bucks later they fit perfectly, you just gotta turn down the overall height of the bushing and then have the hole tapered to match the bushing cup. You will see how it all goes together but I got it all done today and am very happy with it. I wasnt going to be able to stand looking at the body lines not matching. I didnt see any torque specs in here either but i found on google 60 foot pounds, if anyone knows anything different let us know here.
    HI. I like beer, burnouts, and boobies...

OG DRTC

Status

Quote Originally Posted by dakrt23 View Post
    i took it to a local machine shop and 40 bucks later they fit perfectly, you just gotta turn down the overall height of the bushing and then have the hole tapered to match the bushing cup. You will see how it all goes together but I got it all done today and am very happy with it. I wasnt going to be able to stand looking at the body lines not matching. I didnt see any torque specs in here either but i found on google 60 foot pounds, if anyone knows anything different let us know here.
    Must be a regular cab problem. Absolutely no issues with my 2000 CC. No modifications to the kit needed.

Just took this pic showing body line alignment,

Status

Yeah that looks fine but maybe something is different with RC, I dunno, the bushing i pulled out and the bushing I put in were two very different heights. Nothing that wasnt easily fixed but still, I set the body down and it was clearly misaligned. I checked the part number on my box too, same as yours. Not a big deal but just another thing for everyone else to watch out for.

gen III traitor

Status

I'm embarrassed that I never noticed. It's a CC

Quote Originally Posted by BluRT00 View Post
    Part your red sport out and buy a gen 2. Problem solved.

Supporting Vendor

Status

Bringing this thread back from the dead... I went to install my gen 2 ES bushing today. The FRONT fit perfectly dropped right in but the rears im having trouble with. The FACTORY bushing is about 1/4 shorter than the replacement bushing so I tried grinding it down to same height but the tapered part of the top bushing holder (for lack of a better term) prevents it from now being seated all the way. With the ES bushings in I could definitely see that the crease running along cab and the bed were now offset, with the stock bushing back in it lined up perfectly. Im going to take it to a machine shop and have them open the hole up and turn the bushing down that should get them to sit at the correct height. Maybe its different for a CC, but for my RC the rears need some minor work.
    HiPoTek carries those bushing too so I’ll be installing a set in the near future. I would think the RC and CC would have the same bushings so I’ll probably run into the same issue.

Status

I almost got caught but I just happened to have the two bushings sitting next to each other on the ground and saw that the new ones were taller, Im like... yeah thats going to change something. So I started test fitting new and old and there was a definite mismatch in the body line with new bushings...

40 bucks at a machine shop they got them right, i was too lazy and tight on time to take a picture but its not just the height you have to fix, there needs to be a taper in the center of the bushing to match the taper on the bushing cup... its an easy fix once you get them out and see what I mean.

Hopefully you still have a stock bushing to compare the height, if nobody does I could probably pull one out to measure.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Lonesoldier79 View Post
    I've been looking to do this for a while now and had no success finding replacement bushings. Thank you Chad for bringing this thread back to life and Brian for being the guinea pig Just ordered a set off ebay for $62.00
    Who is chad???

OG DRTC

Status

I almost got caught but I just happened to have the two bushings sitting next to each other on the ground and saw that the new ones were taller, Im like... yeah thats going to change something. So I started test fitting new and old and there was a definite mismatch in the body line with new bushings...

40 bucks at a machine shop they got them right, i was too lazy and tight on time to take a picture but its not just the height you have to fix, there needs to be a taper in the center of the bushing to match the taper on the bushing cup... its an easy fix once you get them out and see what I mean.

Hopefully you still have a stock bushing to compare the height, if nobody does I could probably pull one out to measure.
    Couldn't you have shaved off the other side that sits against frame mount so you wouldn't have to remake the taper for the cup?

Status

Quote Originally Posted by hskr View Post
    Couldn't you have shaved off the other side that sits against frame mount so you wouldn't have to remake the taper for the cup?
    Its possible but if you look at it where that gold metal tube that goes around the inner part of the bushing, how far up does that go? if you took too much off the bottom then that entire metal support would be exposed and i think it would compromise the whole bushing. It really didnt cost any extra or take any longer or complicate anything too much more to just go the surefire way of taking it off the top and angling the inner bushing to match the taper.

OG DRTC

Status

Ahh, yeah.

OG DRTC

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sick 660r View Post
    Model year? Maybe the rear bushings changed?

gen III traitor

Status

00 Rt

gen III traitor

Status

Can you pull one out to measure, please? I need to have mine machined but don't have the stock ones.

Who is chad???
    My bad I didn't see your post before Spicer's.
    2000 CC
    11.37@122

Status

Can you pull one out to measure, please? I need to have mine machined but don't have the stock ones.
    Yeah but I'm on the road for a week give me a bit. For reference I would say the top after machining was about 1/8th inch above the first indentation from the top on the bushing

Bearded Bastard

Status

Anyone have a decent used bushing pair left? Im looking to do a DIY direct fit poly set but I need something I can mould from.

US Army Vet and ASE Certified Automotive Technician

When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and leave the world wondering how you did it!

gen III traitor

Status

Bump. Anyone have the exactly amount that needs to be removed. I want to fix mine but I would rather not do trial and error.

Haven't installed mine yet. I'm wondering the same thing.
    2000 CC
    11.37@122

gen III traitor

Status

Hopefully someone chimes in with the correct amount.

Accumulating parts...

Status

Had mine apart for two days doing the whole front end (ball joints, bushings, tie rod ends, brakes..) next is leaf spring bushings and cab mounts.
    12.10@106@Famoso Raceway

Status

Bump. Anyone have the exactly amount that needs to be removed. I want to fix mine but I would rather not do trial and error.
    I am assuming you dont have the stock ones to compare right? Perhaps go to dealer and get a bushing from them, measure, return bushing and then cut.

I have a picture somewhere of my stock one next to ES one, but not an exact measurement. I would say it was roughly 1/4" just to get you in the ballpark when you are comparing a stock one.

gen III traitor

Status

My stock ones were completely trashed. A picture would be helpful.

Status

My stock ones were completely trashed. A picture would be helpful.
    Im an ass, I thought I had one but i dont.. could you take a piece of tape run it through the body line of bed and cab and measure that difference?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast