+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 03' hemi

Status

Default 03' hemi

one of my buds got a single cab 03' ram 5.7 a little while back and weve always wanted to see what its got against my little RT. Hes got a shaker type ram air intake and muffler. I think id get him from a dig but the hemi definitely has more top end power to make up for that. and dont worry im talking about doing it at a strip lol

Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !!

Status

do you have any mods ? if not, you're not likely to be happy with the outcome.
    "the vast majority of the people on this website are such tight asses that they could probably squeeze out diamonds - but they'd never spend the money to buy the coal' - Steve F. 2012

"Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basho once wrote, "A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a doughnut with no hole is a Danish" - Ty Webb, 1980

Status

Just a cai and 3" cat back

Status

Quote Originally Posted by g3ar View Post
    Just a cai and 3" cat back
    Don't do it.
    Till you put a M1 on it.

I had a bone stock 03 ram with the hemi and it ran 9.70s in the 1/8 for a comparison
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Filthy Filbert
    Nope. No engineers here. We're all just a buncha dum red neck monkeys scratching our asses and flinging poo at each other, wondering why our magnums are slow, expensive, and can't get good MPGs

Black trucks only

Status

Smile

I ran my buddies 10 QC hemi and I took it until about 100 then he pulled away. This was in my 98 r/t obviously for those that are mentally challenged at comprehending which truck I used. (This is a forum after all)

Status

i used to spank a 04 QC 4x4 with ease

Ive lined up against my buddies 04 and he beat me by about a fender the whole way. Both were regular cabs with 2wd both stock

99 R/T under the knife
    98 Cavalier - DD

https://www.flickr.com/photos/44229656@N05/

Labor of love

Status

I've Beat a 2012 hemi by Atleast a couple car lengths, I got him off the start easy but stopped pulling as hard up top.
    98 Dakota R/T DA brought back to life.

Banned

Status

Why did they never just put a hemi in a dak for us, 03-04 would have been a nice guesture to us lol

Quote Originally Posted by Fla View Post
    Why did they never just put a hemi in a dak for us, 03-04 would have been a nice guesture to us lol
    Size? I don't know for sure, but IIRC the RAM is like 8" (basically 2 hands and a thumb) wider (if that). But that ought to leave more room between the inner fenders for those oversized heads. Has anyone done a retro fit? Will it fit or will it require cutting?
    2003 Black CC R/T, 1 of (less than) 376

Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dark(a)RT View Post
    Size? I don't know for sure, but IIRC the RAM is like 8" (basically 2 hands and a thumb) wider (if that). But that ought to leave more room between the inner fenders for those oversized heads. Has anyone done a retro fit? Will it fit or will it require cutting?
    no, it'll fit fine. The new hemis aren't much bigger than a 5.9

Great engine to work on, and packaged really well. I have an idea to do a 5.7 swap into a Honda s2000 and make it like a mini viper. It already looks like one.
    "the vast majority of the people on this website are such tight asses that they could probably squeeze out diamonds - but they'd never spend the money to buy the coal' - Steve F. 2012

"Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basho once wrote, "A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a doughnut with no hole is a Danish" - Ty Webb, 1980

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Jassole View Post
    no, it'll fit fine. The new hemis aren't much bigger than a 5.9

Great engine to work on, and packaged really well. I have an idea to do a 5.7 swap into a Honda s2000 and make it like a mini viper. It already looks like one.
    That's interesting, and surprising. I would think that the heads would be much larger and cause packaging issues.

Regarding the S2000... there are Solstice roadsters with LS7s with T-56s dropped in them. devilish.gif

Totally a modern day Cobra.
    2003 Black CC R/T, 1 of (less than) 376

+ Reply to Thread