+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 5.3 silverado and SS cobalt

Status

Default 5.3 silverado and SS cobalt

So this cocky guy ive known for awhile is always talking trash about my RT and that his 5.3 SC chevy can smoke it and his buddies supercharged cobalt would walk me horribly. It was time to put it to the test

didnt even plan on racing this guys truck but we were on a long stretch of open road and we decided to mess around, his trucks about 190k but runs like a top and has catback exhaust and bullydog chip, we ran from around 40-90 twice got him by about a 1 and 1/2 lengths.

but the cobalt was a little tougher...went 3 times from a 15 roll a 20 roll and a 30....i was right at his door everytime but just couldnt pull that extra 5 feet lol

mine must be one of those factory freaks because its basically stock and im pretty sure those cobalts run mid 14s.

Enough Show, Need More Go

Status

Rolling starts and stuff like that is all bs hahha I had a truck on the street I kept up with... Then in the quarter beat me by a second.

You'll prob be nip and tuck with the silverado. Cobalt will beat you
    1998 Silver RC SLT - Hughes 2.02 Heads, Mopar M1 4bbl Intake, Mopar 4bbl TB, 230/236 .515/.515 on a 110, 1.6 Roller Rockers, 4.10's, Spintech Headers, 3" Duals, X Pipe, Chambered Mufflers, 4/4 Drop, 727 Full Manual w/Transbrake, PTC 4500 Stall

12.90 at 104mph

OG DRTC

Status

WHen I do roll racing I like going from a 50mph roll cause thats right where it kicked down out of 3rd into 2nd and just pulls. I think it does the same from 2nd into 1st at about 30mph so that was probably a good race. You truck if it still has the stock kegger runs out of steam fast, which is probably why you couldn't pull that last little bit.

Status

Take it to the track...
    11.27 @ 118.23
    2017 NM Mopar Challenge Series Champion

CDXX

Status
    Blog Entries
    Pro Classifieds

Quote Originally Posted by Adobedude View Post
    Take it to the track...
    Dave is an angel sent down from racing heaven to help spread the word of the racing lord.

Thou shall not speed on public roads, ever.

Going slower or faster than the posted speed, according to Dave, is an unbearable sin and all shall go to hell no matter what.

"The Book of Racer Dave"

Seems legit.

DRTC #1064

"Bleach Master"

Status

Roll racing is gay! real men run from a dig! stock cobalt ss don't run 14's in the 1/4 at a track. Trying to judge track times from a street race is useless. My 93 dakota was decent at a track but it was built for taking money on the street. I use to love saying it was only a "11 second truck" I mean look at this ugly pig
    This signature has been deleted thanks to photobucket!

Status

I agree the rolls is what the cobalt guy wanted to do

And for the record I dont do cocky dangerous street racing..anymore at least..that was on a long empty stretch. If I were to have an accident on that I don't deserve a truck

"Bleach Master"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by g3ar View Post

And for the record I dont do cocky dangerous street racing..anymore at least..that was on a long empty stretch. If I were to have an accident on that I don't deserve a truck
    I also had to give up street racing, it isn't worth my job so track only for me now

Status

Quote Originally Posted by User View Post
    Dave is an angel sent down from racing heaven to help spread the word of the racing lord.

Thou shall not speed on public roads, ever.

Going slower or faster than the posted speed, according to Dave, is an unbearable sin and all shall go to hell no matter what.

"The Book of Racer Dave"

Seems legit.
    Have some gay little street racer take out the entire side of your truck, bumper to bumper, hurting your wife in the accident and report back.

Fuck street racing, you guys just don't get it.
    11.27 @ 118.23

Status

How do you KNOW it was a long empty stretch? You don't.

Hopefully the accident you will have only takes you out and NOT some innocent bystander.
    11.27 @ 118.23

Status

i knew because its flat, can see for miles, and theres no roads turning into it...but ok sorry i reached a speed 15mph higher than the limit what was i thinking..all those invisible cars must have been terrified

Status

i knew because its flat, can see for miles, and theres no roads turning into it...but ok sorry i reached a speed 15mph higher than the limit what was i thinking..all those invisible cars must have been terrified
    11.27 @ 118.23

"Bleach Master"

Status

I'm on both sides of this fence but I gotta agree with Dave, can you see any animals that will run across the road? can you see any cars that will pull out of a intersecting road onto the road you are racing down?

I hate the street racing on interstates, that shit is bullshit. I use to street race but went tro a road that had no side streets/roads and no one was driving on. Didn't make the fact of me street racing any better but atleast only me the other car were in danger and no innocent drivers. Also I had risk of a deer hitting me too

Same can be said for the guys on T2K Texas Streets. 4 lane highway wide open and he puts his Supra into the concrete divider.

Not too long ago there was two cars on Deerfoot (our bumper to bumper highway in Calgary). Rush hour traffic and a Supra, two crotch rockets and a Hennessy Camaro collided.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by slammedR/T View Post
    I'm on both sides of this fence but I gotta agree with Dave, can you see any animals that will run across the road? can you see any cars that will pull out of a intersecting road onto the road you are racing down?

I hate the street racing on interstates, that shit is bullshit. I use to street race but went tro a road that had no side streets/roads and no one was driving on. Didn't make the fact of me street racing any better but atleast only me the other car were in danger and no innocent drivers. Also I had risk of a deer hitting me too
    Ha Ha...I damn near hit a rabbit couple outings ago....Right past the boards he ran out. Would have been ugly.
    11.27 @ 118.23

CDXX

Status
    Blog Entries
    Pro Classifieds

Have some gay little street racer take out the entire side of your truck, bumper to bumper, hurting your wife in the accident and report back.

Fuck street racing, you guys just don't get it.
    I did, when I was around 11 years old. My great Aunt, my aunt, and myself in a van was taken out in Sweetwater, Texas by a street racer at an intersection. He hit my door and smashed my door all the way in, luckily I was asleep, and the door did not smash my leg, it came inches from cutting off my leg. The guy was thrown out of his car through the windshield and blood was all over his car and the road. He hit us going about 87-90 mph, according to what the police thought.

Just because one dumbass is a dumbass does not mean you are allowed to go around and judge every single person that goes over the speed limit. Dave if you have gone, at anytime in your life, faster than the posted speed limit and/or under the speed limit, you are just as much a liability on the road than all these super bad street racers on the road.

So quit your bitching you old fart.

DRTC #1064

Status

I did, when I was around 11 years old. My great Aunt, my aunt, and myself in a van was taken out in Sweetwater, Texas by a street racer at an intersection. He hit my door and smashed my door all the way in, luckily I was asleep, and the door did not smash my leg, it came inches from cutting off my leg. The guy was thrown out of his car through the windshield and blood was all over his car and the road. He hit us going about 87-90 mph, according to what the police thought.

Just because one dumbass is a dumbass does not mean you are allowed to go around and judge every single person that goes over the speed limit. Dave if you have gone, at anytime in your life, faster than the posted speed limit and/or under the speed limit, you are just as much a liability on the road than all these super bad street racers on the road.

So quit your bitching you old fart.
    Driving 80-85 on 75 mph Interstate is a tad bit different than racing side by side on a two lane road or on a city street...Spin it how you want, but street RACING is fucking stupid. Period.

FYI, I've never had a speeding ticket because I'm perfect.
    11.27 @ 118.23

CDXX

Status
    Blog Entries
    Pro Classifieds

Driving 80-85 on 75 mph Interstate is a tad bit different than racing side by side on a two lane road or on a city street...Spin it how you want, but street RACING is fucking stupid. Period.

FYI, I've never had a speeding ticket because I'm perfect.
    Speeding on public roads is not as frowned upon as racing on public roads. Makes sense, well at-least "sounds" feasible.

From 1998 - 2001 almost 150,000 fatal crashes on our roads. 312 (21%) of them are from street racing. Average speeds of around 65mph.

So you're promoting that it's a tad bit different to speed (79% daily driving), but not ok to race on public roads (21% of the issue). Seems like you are supporting the wrong side, well not being realistic, really. If you have such a strong stance on this, why is speeding on the highway less of a problem for you? I would say it's a HUGE difference to speed on the roads, than it is to race in a urban area. Seems like what you think is taboo is actually the lesser evil of the two.

Here is the link - (feel free to find other statistics if you feel this source is not reliable enough)
    http://injuryprevention.bmj.com/content/10/1/53.full

If you honestly feel this passionate against street racing, and think everyone that does it is fucking stupid, then why don't you put your money were your mouth/fingers are and do something locally in the community that would allow these stupid fuckers to race safely anytime anywhere on a designated course?

Frankly, in about 10 more years your motor skills, if not already, are going to start to deteriorate due to age, at that point you're the risk on the road, not the racers...LOL. I'm just fucking with you Dave.

But really, we get it, you don't like it. That's awesome, good for you, now let's move on.

You have never been "caught" speeding, or you give good head. One or the other.

DRTC #1064

"Bleach Master"

Status

Speeding on public roads is not as frowned upon as racing on public roads. Makes sense, well at-least "sounds" feasible.

From 1998 - 2001 almost 150,000 fatal crashes on our roads. 312 (21%) of them are from street racing. Average speeds of around 65mph.

So you're promoting that it's a tad bit different to speed (79% daily driving), but not ok to race on public roads (21% of the issue). Seems like you are supporting the wrong side, well not being realistic, really. If you have such a strong stance on this, why is speeding on the highway less of a problem for you? I would say it's a HUGE difference to speed on the roads, than it is to race in a urban area. Seems like what you think is taboo is actually the lesser evil of the two.

Here is the link - (feel free to find other statistics if you feel this source is not reliable enough)
    http://injuryprevention.bmj.com/content/10/1/53.full

If you honestly feel this passionate against street racing, and think everyone that does it is fucking stupid, then why don't you put your money were your mouth/fingers are and do something locally in the community that would allow these stupid fuckers to race safely anytime anywhere on a designated course?

Frankly, in about 10 more years your motor skills, if not already, are going to start to deteriorate due to age, at that point you're the risk on the road, not the racers...LOL. I'm just fucking with you Dave.

But really, we get it, you don't like it. That's awesome, good for you, now let's move on.

You have never been "caught" speeding, or you give good head. One or the other.
    I can say that with my racing friends over the last 5-6 years we have tried renting closed airports, open airports, talking to the police and every time got turned down.

We almost had a deal worked out three years ago with Herlong airport opperator for a cash days deal one saturday night. The asshole backed out on us at the last minute, never really found out why but some rumors got around. Last rumor was the ricer fags got wind of it and started approaching him about it and he backed out but never got told a real reason from the guy.

OG DRTC

Status

There's a group out here in Cali that does "airstrip attack" events for 1/2 mile drag racing on runways and smaller airpots. They had one a few months ago about 20 minutes away. Was $150 to enter as a participant(damn they raised thier entry fees) and $20 for specatator. But for that $100 you got to make as many passes as you could get in. 1/2 drag race is a long ways. Our trucks probably wouldn't do as good over the longer distance. Next even for kme would be October
    http://shift-s3ctor.com/

There are also the 1-mile events held on runways as well where you run by yourself flat out for top speed in 1-mile stretch, basically for bragging rights.
    http://www.mojavemile.com/
    http://www.texasmile.net/
    Last edited by hskr; 08-27-2014 at 07:57 AM.

Status

Street racing is bad mmmK?

Been some nasty wrecks with fatalities here involving street racers.

Every time we drive home from the track we go through that intersection where we were hit and the little ricers are buzzing all around like little gnats because they are going to favorite place to stand around with their hats on sideways, talk shit and "race".

Like I've said, when I saw the two cars off to the side coming towards us they were fucking flying, and here's the deal, the lights on my trailer would not work, only the emergency flashers, so I drove home with them on and they were flashing on the truck too...Maybe he saw the flashing lights sooner than he would have seen regular lights, but he damn near gathered it up.

But damn near only works in hand grenades and horseshoes.
    11.27 @ 118.23

CDXX

Status
    Blog Entries
    Pro Classifieds

Quote Originally Posted by slammedR/T View Post
    I can say that with my racing friends over the last 5-6 years we have tried renting closed airports, open airports, talking to the police and every time got turned down.

We almost had a deal worked out three years ago with Herlong airport opperator for a cash days deal one saturday night. The asshole backed out on us at the last minute, never really found out why but some rumors got around. Last rumor was the ricer fags got wind of it and started approaching him about it and he backed out but never got told a real reason from the guy.
    Yeah, it's tough, but if someone really feels passionate enough to make something happen, they can make it happen.

Part of the issue with street racing lies within your comment, yes we all hate ricers, but because these guys get the stick or fucked with every time they go to the track they say fuck it and take it to the streets, so they run a 19 second 1/4 mile or leave coolant all the way down the track, they still need a place to do it safely, but no one wants them around.

Part of the article I posted before proves this point, didn't you notice that they said the average speed was 65mph, has to be the ricers causing the issues.

Street racing is bad mmmK?

Been some nasty wrecks with fatalities here involving street racers.

Every time we drive home from the track we go through that intersection where we were hit and the little ricers are buzzing all around like little gnats because they are going to favorite place to stand around with their hats on sideways, talk shit and "race".

Like I've said, when I saw the two cars off to the side coming towards us they were fucking flying, and here's the deal, the lights on my trailer would not work, only the emergency flashers, so I drove home with them on and they were flashing on the truck too...Maybe he saw the flashing lights sooner than he would have seen regular lights, but he damn near gathered it up.

But damn near only works in hand grenades and horseshoes.
    Dave, if you can't beat them, join them. Go get you a NY flat bill hat from lids, get you some swisher sweats, and go talk to them about how you discovered and invented dirt.

DRTC #1064

I find that the 'ricers' are the ones who do give the bad image to rest of the people. Then again, the muscle car scene can be just as bad. But very rarely do you see a 70yr old guy try to run his mouth to anyone else at the show. Having said that, all it takes is 1 group of people to ruin it for everyone. Used to be a local meet at the Home Depot on the weekends. The people that show up would eventually leave a mess in the parking lot and everything was cancelled from there on out.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbcvt View Post
    I find that the 'ricers' are the ones who do give the bad image to rest of the people. Then again, the muscle car scene can be just as bad. But very rarely do you see a 70yr old guy try to run his mouth to anyone else at the show. Having said that, all it takes is 1 group of people to ruin it for everyone. Used to be a local meet at the Home Depot on the weekends. The people that show up would eventually leave a mess in the parking lot and everything was cancelled from there on out.
    Punk in a Mustang hit me...But he was still a ricer.
    11.27 @ 118.23

Status

Yeah, it's tough, but if someone really feels passionate enough to make something happen, they can make it happen.

Part of the issue with street racing lies within your comment, yes we all hate ricers, but because these guys get the stick or fucked with every time they go to the track they say fuck it and take it to the streets, so they run a 19 second 1/4 mile or leave coolant all the way down the track, they still need a place to do it safely, but no one wants them around.

Part of the article I posted before proves this point, didn't you notice that they said the average speed was 65mph, has to be the ricers causing the issues.

Dave, if you can't beat them, join them. Go get you a NY flat bill hat from lids, get you some swisher sweats, and go talk to them about how you discovered and invented dirt.
    I didn't invent dirt, just how to build with it...
    11.27 @ 118.23

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast