+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My PIE Experience - May 24th, 2014

Arrow My PIE Experience - May 24th, 2014

--Like many stories, I will start this story from the beginning, and then finish it..with an ending!

--May 24th, 2014 at Cecil County Dragway

So yesterday (5/24/14), was the first official D1 get together of the season, as well as my first official get together as a proud Dakota R/T member I brought my Pops with me as well as my gal' for my pit crew, as well as my 1999 Dodge Dakota R/T CC with it's fresh tune up, new parts & fresh fluids all around, frankly it was the most healthy she's ever been mechanically so all was well. I made my first pass, parked her to let her cool off, and came back afterwards to start her up and notice the parking brake light illuminated as well as my ABS light, but they speedo was still working? Weird. While at the starting line for the second pass, I noticed the brake pedal get a little soft, but truck still stopped relatively normally. Made my third pass and was then flagged by the sweet old woman handing out the time sheets saying that I left brake fluid at the start. Well, SHIT. That sucks, I got a 2 hour ride home and it isn't just MY life I'm taking into account, it is my fathers and gf's.

So, I get underneath to access the damage. Turns out it is the brake line going to the rears that runs along the inside of the frame, and it is leaking from like 5 F***IN' places, FANTASTIC! And my dumbass doesn't have AAA, and my mod money isn't meant for a tow truck drivers pocket Plus the fact, that this is my first time ever @ Cecil, I have noooo clue where a parts store is to help me out either. So I'm basically looking at a tow for a tune of like $600 bucks NOT HAPPENIN'! Brake reservoir is BONE DRYYYYY and even if it had fluid in it, myself as well as nobody else had any spare brake fluid to top her off and nurse it home nor any vice grips to pinch the line, either!

Then I see a man that I was introduced to earlier in the day for the first time (thanks to our VP RTChas ), and he goes by the name of Chris. And as it turns out, this gentleman is the Chris that is the owner of Performance Injection Equipment (P.I.E) as it turns out! I am by no means a lucky man, but it was CERTAINLY my Lucky Day!! He comes over and asks what I got going on under there, as I went to explain to him what the situation was and that I was about to have to resort to a tow. He gets down on his back, underneath my truck which is completely covered in brake fluid, and this man doesn't even think twice about lending me a hand!

He says after assessing the situation that he found justttt enough good line coming from the front that he could pinch the line for me if I had any vice grips. After telling him that I unfortunately did not, nor did anyone else around us. I also told him of the fact that I nor anyone else had any brake fluid to top off the reservoir, even if I wanted to baby the thing home.

After all that, he simply says "Come with me man, I'll help you out!" At the drop of a hat, Chris lent me a helping hand when he saw a brother with a problem He's a stand up guy if I ever met one, no doubt! We hopped in his truck, and he drove me down to the local Advance Auto which was wayyyy down there on Route 40 from the track, no WAY would my truck have made it there. Got in there, I bought 5 bottles of DOT 3 and Chris found a pair of vice grips that he could work with and back to the track we went... on a mission All in all, the trip took a little over an hour.

I filled up the brake reservoir and my new best friend, Chris, got underneath the truck and crimped up that brake line realllll good so I at least had some front brakes, hell yeah WE GOIN' HOME! And under our own power! F*** YOU TOW TRUCK!! After I thanked this man over and over again for his generosity, hospitality and ingenuity, he simply said "Anytime man, you let me know that you got home safe, okay?" You got it, Chris! All happy, safe and sound up here in PA!

Keep in mind, I only met this man JUST that day. I've never placed an order with this man, was not a customer and has never seen one penny of my hard earned money. Chris is one hell of a great man and a stand up guy! I mean it when I say that it's people like him that make me proud to be part of this community with the DRTC!! He had a general concern for me and my family's safety, and took it upon himself personally to see that we were taken care of and could make it home to see our loved ones. As far as for me and mine, he will forever be reffered to in our house as Saint Chris.

Chris, you have made a customer for life my friend. I wish nothing but the best for you and yours.

Oh, and looking forward to our trip down to DE to talk about my truck with you and it sleeping over there for a few nights in the future.

I highly recommend Chris and Performance Injection Equipment to anyone. He even brought his laptop as well as a few scanners to help a few members out with free tuning, just to see if they liked it, AT NO CHARGE! Chris is true blue, and I am confident to say - Chris is a true master at his craft, and goes the extra mile for people no matter what. He stands behind his work, and fixes what needs fixed. Period.

All in all, Saint Chris made it so we could all live to see another day, including my truck haha. Don't second guess yourself if you are looking for quality craftsmanship from someone who is EXTREMELY easy to work with.

Life is better, in the World of PIE.

Long live the

- John

- 99' Dodge Dakota R/T CC -
    - 1 of 4 R/T Moon roof trucks; that I've seen anyway. -
    - Stock Bed, Stock Tailgate. Coming soon...

- #1253 -

www.dakotart.com

Status

Glad you made it home safe John!

Ed Morris
    11.17 @ 120.91 mph
    Best 60': 1.54

DRTC # 578

good to hear you & your family made it home safely; I've seen this kind of help more than once from this "R/T Family" we have here. Props to Chris!

99 BK RC R/T
    99 SY RC R/T
    98 IB RC R/T

Status

Chris was always good to me...
    11.27 @ 118.23
    2017 NM Mopar Challenge Series Champion

Now go get some softer tires---I sent chas a couple of vids your truck is in one.
    10 second club

Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Adobedude View Post
    Chris was always good to me...
    me too
    "the vast majority of the people on this website are such tight asses that they could probably squeeze out diamonds - but they'd never spend the money to buy the coal' - Steve F. 2012

"Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basho once wrote, "A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a doughnut with no hole is a Danish" - Ty Webb, 1980

Thanks for the kind words, Just helping where I can. That was a good time and everyone seemed to run pretty well. When is the next race? I need to get Josh's motor (Friggin RT) Todd Richardson's 408, and Jim's turbo motor complete. Wow I better get rolling. Also thanks to all you guys for bringing food and drinks and Matt for bringing the grill.

Status
    Blog Entries

Default Pie

I also had a good experience with pie,, great guy to deal with and very knowledgeable,,treated me great..

Blown and Squirted

Status

Glad you guys got it fixed up. The track personal were PISSED after you made that pass and shut the track down for like 20 mins to cleanup. Hah.

Go faster and shorter on your burnout, get it into second gear right away. You spent a lot of time in first.

'99 R/T- MSIIextra fuel/spark/idle, ZCP mx422 supercharged, ZCP Tbrake 727, PPC 10" 3800, 4.10, (\/) Headers, 2.5" Duals, Truetrac, Boyd Timeless 6's, Hotchkis TVS.
    Z Code Performance Website

Quote Originally Posted by White Turbo View Post
    Glad you made it home safe John!
    Thank you, Ed! Was great to be home, brake line is getting repaired as we speak. Well, lunch break now, but still getting repaired none the less haha

Quote Originally Posted by turboed r/t View Post
    Now go get some softer tires---I sent chas a couple of vids your truck is in one.
    That's a big 10-4 Mr. Jim Those wood blocks out back just ain't cuttin' it When I see Chas later this week I'll be sure to check 'em out! Saw a couple pics ya took of the races, well done, Sir!

No problem, Chris! Was definitely a great time, I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat Looking forward to doing business with you later on down the line brother.

Love live our family!

- 99' Dodge Dakota R/T CC -
    - 1 of 4 R/T Moon roof trucks; that I've seen anyway. -
    - Stock Bed, Stock Tailgate. Coming soon...

- #1253 -

Me to, chris has help me out all the time and with my recent build i have no complains.

want more inchs STROKE IT

Status

He has always done good by me too.

Bad Luck Truck
    Current setup
    „R„block 429ci W5 heads 700hp N/A
    1/8 mile #'s 6.47@105 1.37 60’ 10.23@131

Old 1/4 numbers below with 408
    Fastest N/A 2010,2011,2014
    477-RWHP ?-RWTQ

11.244 ET @ 119.71mph N/A
    FOXHOLE RACING