+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Install info on Floor Shifters

Unnamed moocher

Status

Quote Originally Posted by grapejuice1998 View Post
    Does it change your radio channel when you hit 5th? lol!
    After goosing around in an auto R/T... Ive come to the realization those trucks should have come with an optional manual trans.
    #1 it would have increased the popularity of the truck even more
    #2 would have given dodge an opportunity to post outrageous EPA mpg estimates for the dakota line.
    #3 shifting from 1st to 3rd is a riot.

If the guy that makes the inserts will ever get rolling on the project, he said he was going to sell complete packages with the shifter of your choice.
    Just wondering if this guy started making the inserts yet.

1/8 mile 8.0
    60' 1.7
    150 shot
    Supercharged now no times yet!

Muscle Of Love

Status

Quote Originally Posted by tcuillier View Post
    Here is a picture of the completed shifter install.
    That is a nice clean install!
    I still need to install my B&M Stealth Pro shifter in.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by BluRT00 View Post
    That is a nice clean install!
    I still need to install my B&M Stealth Pro shifter in.
    i've been trying to understand what this topic is about.. is the floor shifter changing it to a manual or just for the shifter to put it into park, neutral, etc? can someone forward the instructions to me too: seans_source@yahoo.com

Send Lawyers Guns & Money

Status

Quote Originally Posted by blackbeauty2001 View Post
    i've been trying to understand what this topic is about.. is the floor shifter changing it to a manual or just for the shifter to put it into park, neutral, etc? can someone forward the instructions to me too: seans_source@yahoo.com
    If you look at the picture posted earlier in the thread, you can see that there is now a floor shifter where the cup holder used to be in the console. The shift lever on the column has been removed. This modification makes it look like it came with a flood shifted auto, instead of a column shift.
    Alan Short
    D.R.T.C. #15

Status

If you look at the picture posted earlier in the thread, you can see that there is now a floor shifter where the cup holder used to be in the console. The shift lever on the column has been removed. This modification makes it look like it came with a flood shifted auto, instead of a column shift.
    ahh ok, i'm definitely interested in that then. i read also that the instructions were for a 98-99' dakota. i have a 2001 and it seems that the whole center console is attached so im not sure exactly how that would work

Status

Quote Originally Posted by blackbeauty2001 View Post
    ahh ok, i'm definitely interested in that then. i read also that the instructions were for a 98-99' dakota. i have a 2001 and it seems that the whole center console is attached so im not sure exactly how that would work
    You would have to make your own, or just get an aftermarket console that would fit the space.
    Alan Short
    D.R.T.C. #15

speaking of which, does anyone have that keisler(or whatever, im not sure how it's spelled, lol) 6 speed trans kit? I really like the idea, but I know it's a hefty thing to do and im sure its a bank-breaker too. but its pretty rad, and who wouldn't want to bang gears in their r/t? =)

SUCKING GAS...HAULING A$$

Status

Any news on if this is gonna happen????
    Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD...you really wanna hit it, but your afraid of the results.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Magnum...60313210711727

99 Dodge Dakota R/T (I factory ordered in 9-98)
    2006 Harley Softail (daily ride for me)
    10 Dodge Challenger R/T Plum Crazy

Status

Yea Alan have ya heard anything more on if he is going to make this console insert?

Troy
    1999 Red CC R/T- 4bl m-1, 2.02 R/t heads, 2.5 " Spintech midlength headers and exhaust, 3200rpm Edge Racing stall, .210/.220 .512lift cam, Vortech S/C at 11psi, SCT tune, Meth injection, 58 F&B TB, MSD6A, Hotchkis front springs, Caltrac splitmono-leaf springs with 2" blocks and Caltrac bars

Status

I'll e mail him again and ask, but don't get your hopes up. He's kinda like me and the drive shaft loops. He doesn't need to make them to get by, so he's not all that motivated.
    If he doesn't make them soon, I might try to make one on my own. I think the basic shape could be accomplished with wire screen mesh, then it could easily be glassed over and finished, but I'd really rather not reinvent the wheel if I don't have to.

EDIT: E mail has been sent. We'll see what he says.
    Last edited by grapejuice1998; 01-02-2009 at 05:01 PM.
    Alan Short
    D.R.T.C. #15

Status

Default Head count!

OK, he needs a head count so he can order the materials. The price will be somewhere near the $100 for just the insert alone. No shifter/insert packages will be provided at this time. This is just a fiberglass insert that finishes out a floor shifter installation, so that it looks more like it came there from the factory, but it is ONLY FOR 1998 and 1999 models.

I need one, so who else is in?

EDIT: I'm 99.9% sure this is for buckets/console only. I don't think the20/40/20 has a dedicated console.
    Last edited by grapejuice1998; 01-04-2009 at 10:29 PM.
    Alan Short
    D.R.T.C. #15

2000-2011

Status

OK, he needs a head count so he can order the materials. The price will be somewhere near the $100 for just the insert alone. No shifter/insert packages will be provided at this time. This is just a fiberglass insert that finishes out a floor shifter installation, so that it looks more like it came there from the factory, but it is ONLY FOR 1998 and 1999 models.

I need one, so who else is in?
    Count me in for one.
    Chris

I'd be on this like a cop on a donut
    98 da ccrt
    95 rcsb 5.9/ax15

Status

As long as it looks like the pic.....COUNT ME IN!!!
    Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD...you really wanna hit it, but your afraid of the results.

Status

I am down for one. Ordering my Hammer shifter today so this is great news. May just wait now.

Troy
    1999 Red CC R/T- 4bl m-1, 2.02 R/t heads, 2.5 " Spintech midlength headers and exhaust, 3200rpm Edge Racing stall, .210/.220 .512lift cam, Vortech S/C at 11psi, SCT tune, Meth injection, 58 F&B TB, MSD6A, Hotchkis front springs, Caltrac splitmono-leaf springs with 2" blocks and Caltrac bars

Black Pearl

Status

I'm all over this like a bum on a ham sandwich!
    If you haven't lived for something, you'll die for nothing.

I know i'm a little late to the show but is there anyway you could email that doc to me also. hfd_ffpmdc@yahoo.com

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Aves View Post
    I am down for one. Ordering my Hammer shifter today so this is great news. May just wait now.

Troy
    I had thought about using the hammer, not sure if it would be too short though

I'm in for sure!

1/8 mile 8.0
    60' 1.7
    150 shot
    Supercharged now no times yet!

Does a 99 console bolt right up to an 03? If someone can confirm that it does I'd be in. Just have to find one.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by DrewzR/T View Post
    Does a 99 console bolt right up to an 03? If someone can confirm that it does I'd be in. Just have to find one.
    I don't think so.
    Alan Short
    D.R.T.C. #15

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    I had thought about using the hammer, not sure if it would be too short though
    Umm don't ya have long arms? Besides you only have to shift twice to back it out of garage clea it and pull it back in anyway

Georgey when we going to try to get everyone together again been almost half a year now.

Troy

Status

Quote Originally Posted by DrewzR/T View Post
    If I remember correctly thought someone said the tunnels are just slightly different.

Troy

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Aves View Post
    Umm don't ya have long arms? Besides you only have to shift twice to back it out of garage clea it and pull it back in anyway

Georgey when we going to try to get everyone together again been almost half a year now.

Troy
    hahahaha you are soooooo funny, too bad you werent around this fall when it was my daily driver, while waiting for my wifes car to show up.

As for a GTG, we may as well come up with something like the last time when we all met up at some place to eat. Getting the college boys to come out is probably a different story. We need to find out if Bob even has his anymore...he was talking about selling out this summer for a vette. Im sure Matt C. still has his in mothballs too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast