+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Install info on Floor Shifters

Muscle Of Love

Status

Default Install info on Floor Shifters

I know I know this is being re hashed, sorry. I am wondering if anyone has a write up on whats needed for a floor shifter install. I have been looking at the mega shifter, and the bandit shifters= slimmer design. Any install write ups? Or what kind of shift pattern is needed? I remember already that ordering a extra heavy duty cable is a must. Dan

WhiteTrash&LiLOrangeFuror

Status

find one that is for a 727
    Fu·ror noun \ˈfyu̇r-ˌȯr, -ər\ : an angry or maniacal fit

Send Lawyers Guns & Money

Status

Quote Originally Posted by BluRT00 View Post
    I know I know this is being re hashed, sorry. I am wondering if anyone has a write up on whats needed for a floor shifter install. I have been looking at the mega shifter, and the bandit shifters= slimmer design. Any install write ups? Or what kind of shift pattern is needed? I remember already that ordering a extra heavy duty cable is a must. Dan
    I've been researching it myself and this is the way I'm going. I bought Adobe's Megashifter and HD cable, plus he also had a T handle with a button for o/d. It should make for a factory looking install.

EDIT: I tried to attach the Word doc that has some really badass instructions on how to modify the stock console into a floor shifter console. It didn't attach? Is that normal, or did I screw it up?
    Alan Short
    D.R.T.C. #15

Muscle Of Love

Status

Quote Originally Posted by grapejuice1998 View Post
    I've been researching it myself and this is the way I'm going. I bought Adobe's Megashifter and HD cable, plus he also had a T handle with a button for o/d. It should make for a factory looking install.

EDIT: I tried to attach the Word doc that has some really badass instructions on how to modify the stock console into a floor shifter console. It didn't attach? Is that normal, or did I screw it up?
    Alan could you just e-mail me the word doc? IronFoot500@yahoo.com

I am debating between the Meashifter/ Bandit shifter. The Bandit looks slimmer, maybe easier to incorporate into the consol. Dan

Banned

Status

Hey Alan could you e-mail me the word doc. also mopar269@mchsi.com Thanks

Status

If ya in the mood to do e-mails shot me one also to taves@cox.net

Thanks
    Troy
    1999 Red CC R/T- 4bl m-1, 2.02 R/t heads, 2.5 " Spintech midlength headers and exhaust, 3200rpm Edge Racing stall, .210/.220 .512lift cam, Vortech S/C at 11psi, SCT tune, Meth injection, 58 F&B TB, MSD6A, Hotchkis front springs, Caltrac splitmono-leaf springs with 2" blocks and Caltrac bars

If you could shoot one this way I sure would appreciate Fltlander@gmail.com. Thanks Alan.

Status

Alan would appreciate a copy also while we have you on a roll, thanks
    Dennis (rd03rt@msn.com)

Muscle Of Love

Status

Hey Alan thanx for shooting me that e-mail bud. I wonder if the cable mod would work on the 2000 model trucks? For using the indicator? I have the older style leaver type, not the led type indicator. Now if only I could find that consol base, doubt he is making them anymore. Dan

Status

Quote Originally Posted by BluRT00 View Post
    Hey Alan thanx for shooting me that e-mail bud. I wonder if the cable mod would work on the 2000 model trucks? For using the indicator? I have the older style leaver type, not the led type indicator. Now if only I could find that consol base, doubt he is making them anymore. Dan
    I don't know about the newer models, so you're on your own there. I believe the consoles are different too?
    Anyway, I'm working on locating the insert for the '98-'99's right now. If I get a line on them, I'll post up so folks can order one. If not, I'm gonna try and make my own.
    Alan Short
    D.R.T.C. #15

Hey Alan, could I have those instructions too? I sent you a PM w/my email address.

Thanks,
    Rick

Status

i guess if you wouldnt mind i would like the instructions also. My e-mail is Kryptonite8428@aol.com. What year/years dakota is this for anyway?

Status

Quote Originally Posted by SniperRT01 View Post
    i guess if you wouldnt mind i would like the instructions also. My e-mail is Kryptonite8428@aol.com. What year/years dakota is this for anyway?
    '98-'99 still want em?
    Alan Short
    D.R.T.C. #15

Status

sure. I have an 01 I can look at the instuctions and see if i can make something work. Doesnt hurt to look. Thanks a lot

Dark Side Member

Status

Hey Alan...can you shoot me a copy too... magnumforce360@aol.com

Thanks!

Can I get a copy too pls. Send to fastwheels72@hotmail.com
    Thanks

Status

Here's what I've done so far. I have been in contact with the guy that makes the rest of the console alteration (insert) and as soon as he starts to produce them, I will let everyone know. He will be selling the insert by itself and also offering a complete package with the shifter of your choice.

I don't know any pricing yet, so don't ask.

Also, sorry for the bad picture. It was on my camera phone and I didn't change the settings to "night" for the low light. I took a couple with more light, but the files were too large to upload by a few kb.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Alan Short
    D.R.T.C. #15

Status

This is an actual picture of the shifter console in Glen Renzoni's truck. He's the guy that originally built the console, but now he has sold the fiberglass mold to someone else.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Alan Short
    D.R.T.C. #15

Status

Here's what I've done so far. I have been in contact with the guy that makes the rest of the console alteration (insert) and as soon as he starts to produce them, I will let everyone know. He will be selling the insert by itself and also offering a complete package with the shifter of your choice.

Also, sorry for the bad picture. It was on my camera phone and I didn't change the settings to "night" for the low light. I took a couple with more light, but the files were too large to upload by a few kb.
    Oh man I can't wait for the good news !!!
    1999 Red CC R/T- 4bl m-1, 2.02 R/t heads, 2.5 " Spintech midlength headers and exhaust, 3200rpm Edge Racing stall, .210/.220 .512lift cam, Vortech S/C at 11psi, SCT tune, Meth injection, 58 F&B TB, MSD6A, Hotchkis front springs, Caltrac splitmono-leaf springs with 2" blocks and Caltrac bars

prob a few wonderin about the gear indicator, for the 98-00s i havent heard of anyone bein able to reuse it afterwards but if ya wantin to remove it, its just 2 phillip head screw holdin the piece in and ya could make a plate to put back to cover the black hole.
    Brad
    00 CC IB sport 360
    98 RC white sport mildly worked v6, used as a truck!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted2Blue00 View Post
    prob a few wonderin about the gear indicator, for the 98-00s i havent heard of anyone bein able to reuse it afterwards but if ya wantin to remove it, its just 2 phillip head screw holdin the piece in and ya could make a plate to put back to cover the black hole.
    The instructions cover using the gear indicator, but the entire kit is '98-'99 only, as far as I know. I'll let y'all know when I find out for sure.
    Alan Short
    D.R.T.C. #15

Status

This is an actual picture of the shifter console in Glen Renzoni's truck. He's the guy that originally built the console, but now he has sold the fiberglass mold to someone else.
    I have one of Glen's original inserts in my '99 CC. I hope the new producer makes them fit better than mine did. I had to widen the insert about 1/4" & lengthen it by 3/8". Also had to re-glass and re-texture the whole thing. Once done, it looks great, getting there was a real pain! I know Glen quit selling the inserts because whoever was doing the fiberglass fabrication for him, didn't seem to be too concerned about quality control! Glen did offer to give my money back, but I elected to make it work.
    I never could get the stock shift indicator to work. I could make it line up at, say, Park, but it would be waaaay off at the opposite end - or vice versa. I know a couple others who have tried, but had the same results. I have a Dakota Digital electronic shift indicator, but haven't installed it yet. Actually It's really not that hard to know what gear you're in. Most manual transmission vehicles don't have a dash mounted shift indicator anyway.

Tom

2000-2011

Status

Highly Interested in one of the inserts
    Chris

Status

Quote Originally Posted by tcuillier View Post
    I have one of Glen's original inserts in my '99 CC. I hope the new producer makes them fit better than mine did. I had to widen the insert about 1/4" & lengthen it by 3/8". Also had to re-glass and re-texture the whole thing. Once done, it looks great, getting there was a real pain! I know Glen quit selling the inserts because whoever was doing the fiberglass fabrication for him, didn't seem to be too concerned about quality control! Glen did offer to give my money back, but I elected to make it work.
    I never could get the stock shift indicator to work. I could make it line up at, say, Park, but it would be waaaay off at the opposite end - or vice versa. I know a couple others who have tried, but had the same results. I have a Dakota Digital electronic shift indicator, but haven't installed it yet. Actually It's really not that hard to know what gear you're in. Most manual transmission vehicles don't have a dash mounted shift indicator anyway.

Tom
    I'll let you know how it turns out this time. Hopefully everything will work out as planned, but if not, I'll find a way to deal with it. The main thing is I want the shifter to look like it came in the truck. That's how I try and keep all of my mods, whenever possible.
    Alan Short
    D.R.T.C. #15

Status

I'll let you know how it turns out this time. Hopefully everything will work out as planned, but if not, I'll find a way to deal with it. The main thing is I want the shifter to look like it came in the truck. That's how I try and keep all of my mods, whenever possible.
    Once it's done, it does look like it came from the factory. All in all, the effort was definitely worth the results.

Tom

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast