+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fuel sending unit/Cell question

when your installing the new fuel level gauge are there wires that run
    into the truck or up to the pcm to tap into so i dont have to drop the tnk.

i have a 99 durango trying to find the wire colors

Status

http://shop.classicinstruments.com/sn34

Thought I would share this here. I'm currently wiring up my aeromotive stealth fuel cell and bought this little gadget for the fuel sender. It does a custom ohm range so you can use any sending unit (0-90 is what mine came with) and adapt it to the factory ohm range. Pretty slick unit in my opinion and easy to wire up if you can find the wires.

MTX11 - on my 2001 Dak r/t the sending unit wires were Dark Blue w/ white stripe for + and Black w/ light blue stripe for -. Not sure if the 99 rango is the same or not. The sending unit on mine goes straight to the pcm. On the drivers side front fender (behind front wheel) you can find where the harness from the front connects to the one that goes to the back. This harness has the sending unit wires in it. Grab your Haynes manual to make sure you can find the right color wires and pretty much just tap into those for your gauge. You can also use an ohm meter to double check you have the correct wires - referencing the ohms to how full your tank is.
    01 RC R/T Dakota
    KB Twin screw top mount,Modman Indy intake, (\/)opar Headers, Eddie heads+Cam+1.72 RR, 4 Link(QA1's), Hotchkis coils, Tubular C-Arms, SRT10 Wheels(18's&19's), 2x68mm SRT10 TB, Borla Mufflers w/o cats, MSD ign.

Black Pearl

Status

Quote Originally Posted by JFreddy View Post
    http://shop.classicinstruments.com/sn34 Thought I would share this here.
    Thanks for sharing
    If you haven't lived for something, you'll die for nothing.

Status

Just came across this website while checking into other means of fuel level senders for fuel cells. Now that mines already wired in with the classic instruments piece, I probably wont swap it out. But if I was to do it over again, these guys look like the way to go!

http://www.wemausa.com/sensors/level...l#.WRv5wWd1rct

They make senders with custom lengths and custom ohm ranges for extra $$. But I think it's still worth it for guys wanting to use the factory gauges.
    01 RC R/T Dakota
    KB Twin screw top mount,Modman Indy intake, (\/)opar Headers, Eddie heads+Cam+1.72 RR, 4 Link(QA1's), Hotchkis coils, Tubular C-Arms, SRT10 Wheels(18's&19's), 2x68mm SRT10 TB, Borla Mufflers w/o cats, MSD ign.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2