+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help!!! Electical Problems

Default Help!!! Electical Problems

im having electical problems...i blew a fuses that runs my dashboard lights (to see the speed odometer) and my tail lights. my brake lights work, my head lights work, my interior roof lights work, and when i turn the key over the check engine lights and all of that work. i changed to fuse that controls the dash light and tail lights but everytime i turn the knob to turn the lights on, it would blow the fuse.(EVERY TIME) I checked the tail lights to see if there were a wiring malfunction and everything works fine...This problem just started and its preventing me from driving at night...is it a shortage in the wiring? i appreciate the help?

I know this is an old thread, but did you find a solution?
    My truck just started doing this

Status

11 year old thread with no replies...

Since you have two things on that circuit. Half split, Disconnect the taillight housings and inspect the wiring from the housing back to the fuse. Does the fuse still blow. Problem is in the dash. Or do the opposite, disconnect the dash and see if the tailights blow the fuse.

Been years since I have owned an R/T and longer since I've been into the dash. Maybe someone can give more explicit instructions and have wiring diagram.
    Mike Williams

98 DA RC GrapeJuice
    99 BLK CC (Buy Back)
    00 BLK RC ProCharged -Hotchkis - on and on (Sold)
    01 AF CC (Leased - Turned in)

Status

Usually the light switch itself taking a dump,causing the issue.

+ Reply to Thread