+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: FYI for any of you running 3800+ convertor

DRTC #149

Status

I will measure mine this weekend.

But I suspect that Dans and mine will be identical. Same convertor brand and diameter....

99 DA RC To Be Discovered AKA Smokey
    98 DA CC 11.59@118 AKA Barney

[Duner] : I was afraid I was going to go too fast and scare myself. Lucky for me - the DA rose up to save me.

[Kotta390] : Oh that's right! Well FML.....Looks like I am getting shafted because of my bore size

[BlakDak71] : I don't run oil, I run a special blend consisting of Hellman's mayo and the tears of a pregnant mermaid

[Kotta390] : My electric water pump puts out too much fuel at idle and is not a variable pump which makes it overheat in the summer at idle if I sit too long

[KotaRT] : Ed, you can have cake, as long as I get something in return

Blown and Squirted

Status

Sounds like I should run two.

What is our cost on the flexplates? I need to try to value the cores I have, and the cores you guys have if you trade them in.

'99 R/T- MSIIextra fuel/spark/idle, ZCP mx422 supercharged, ZCP Tbrake 727, PPC 10" 3800, 4.10, (\/) Headers, 2.5" Duals, Truetrac, Boyd Timeless 6's, Hotchkis TVS.
    Z Code Performance Website

DRTC #149

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Five9Dak View Post
    Sounds like I should run two.

What is our cost on the flexplates? I need to try to value the cores I have, and the cores you guys have if you trade them in.
    52118255 MSRP $37.60. Sell $30.08

I already drilled mine for the 7/16" bolts

[Duner] : I was afraid I was going to go too fast and scare myself. Lucky for me - the DA rose up to save me.

[Kotta390] : Oh that's right! Well FML.....Looks like I am getting shafted because of my bore size

[BlakDak71] : I don't run oil, I run a special blend consisting of Hellman's mayo and the tears of a pregnant mermaid

[Kotta390] : My electric water pump puts out too much fuel at idle and is not a variable pump which makes it overheat in the summer at idle if I sit too long

Blown and Squirted

Status

I can drill, hah.

'99 R/T- MSIIextra fuel/spark/idle, ZCP mx422 supercharged, ZCP Tbrake 727, PPC 10" 3800, 4.10, (\/) Headers, 2.5" Duals, Truetrac, Boyd Timeless 6's, Hotchkis TVS.

DRTC #149

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Five9Dak View Post
    I can drill, hah.
    I was talkin core.

Blown and Squirted

Status

Most people who need this mod are going to need or want 7/16" bolts.

Muscle Of Love

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I will measure mine this weekend.

But I suspect that Dans and mine will be identical. Same convertor brand and diameter....
    Danno do you have the gap where the flexplate indents towards the tc around the bolt hole? I just spent some time fiddling with mine and the part that indents where the hole is meets up against the tc bolt pad. If you follow the indent up it looks like a giant ass gap between the pad and the flex plate. So thinking mine is a optical illusion.

DRTC #149

Status

Where the plate bolts to the convertor, when the plate is sitting static, it is held up away from the pads on the convertor by .060" or so. When you bolt it down, you can see the flexplate flexing. No bueno.

Muscle Of Love

Status

Where the plate bolts to the convertor, when the plate is sitting static, it is held up away from the pads on the convertor by .060" or so. When you bolt it down, you can see the flexplate flexing. No bueno.
    Well fuck that would answer my question. So you measure yours with it just sitting, not torqued down?

DRTC #149

Status

Quote Originally Posted by BluRT00 View Post
    Well fuck that would answer my question. So you measure yours with it just sitting, not torqued down?
    Yup

Muscle Of Love

Status

Alright measured it at static Danno and we have .049 thousandths.

DRTC #149

Status

HAH!

I eyeballed it and said .050-.060.. lol Guess I do have a micrometer eye

EDIT: I will verify my own measurments this weekend.

Muscle Of Love

Status

HAH!

EDIT: I will verify my own measurments this weekend.
    You getting a new flexplate when Chris does the machine work? If so order two buddy, he will have to drill em out to 7/16th as well. Oh btw wtf is up with all of us rocking 9.5 inch tc's and t727's. Is that what us cool kids are doing these days. LOL

DRTC #149

Status

Well mine is a 518, but has the lockup eliminated. It will get a 727 later.....

Status

HAH!

It's called a "Calibrated Eyethometer"
    I have Two of them.

DRTC #149

Status

Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    It's called a "Calibrated Eyethometer"
    I have Two of them.

Blown and Squirted

Status

Mine was .050. If Danno comes up with the same number I can probably do them all with .055.

Muscle Of Love

Status

Chris your inbox is full.

So yes the engine is internally balanced like you asked in the pm.

DRTC #149

Status

Ok measured today. .040", but I had already tightened this one down, so that probably "scrunched" it to some degree... so IMO the .050" measurement is damn close.

Muscle Of Love

Status

Ok measured today. .040", but I had already tightened this one down, so that probably "scrunched" it to some degree... so IMO the .050" measurement is damn close.
    Good deal! Now we need to get these flex plates made A.S.A.P.

Blown and Squirted

Status

Danno, send me 2 318 flex plates to:

Chris Orlando
    60 Lindbergh Ave
    Broomall PA 19008

We'll work out the totals later, I'll cut them as soon as I get them since Dan is in a hurry.

DRTC #149

Status

Err.. okies

DRTC #149

Status

OK Dos ordered. Will be here Thurs, will go out Thurs.

PM me and we can figure the rest out.

Muscle Of Love

Status

You both are awesome!

DRTC #149

Status

Quote Originally Posted by BluRT00 View Post
    You both are awesome!
    But of course

Glad I caught this before you got the install done Dan!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast