+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: so, yeah. Time for a new bench racing thread.

Blown and Squirted

Status

Those short time suck, were you spinning? You should be able to get get it down to 2.0 on hard rubber. I'm not familiar with your combo, but its soft down low without enough converter, the slicks might not help that much.

'99 R/T- MSIIextra fuel/spark/idle, ZCP mx422 supercharged, ZCP Tbrake 727, PPC 10" 3800, 4.10, (\/) Headers, 2.5" Duals, Truetrac, Boyd Timeless 6's, Hotchkis TVS.
    Z Code Performance Website

DRTC #149

Status

His tires were RSA ish hard. I went and checked em So yeah, 2.0's should be doable.

99 DA RC To Be Discovered AKA Smokey
    98 DA CC 11.59@118 AKA Barney

[Duner] : I was afraid I was going to go too fast and scare myself. Lucky for me - the DA rose up to save me.

[Kotta390] : Oh that's right! Well FML.....Looks like I am getting shafted because of my bore size

[BlakDak71] : I don't run oil, I run a special blend consisting of Hellman's mayo and the tears of a pregnant mermaid

[Kotta390] : My electric water pump puts out too much fuel at idle and is not a variable pump which makes it overheat in the summer at idle if I sit too long

[KotaRT] : Ed, you can have cake, as long as I get something in return

Quote Originally Posted by Five9Dak View Post
    Those short time suck, were you spinning? You should be able to get get it down to 2.0 on hard rubber. I'm not familiar with your combo, but its soft down low without enough converter, the slicks might not help that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    His tires were RSA ish hard. I went and checked em So yeah, 2.0's should be doable.
    yup, they're pretty rock-hard. Toyo proxes st2, treadwear 420, traction rating: A, manufactured in oct 08.

Danno, you mentioned the trap speed, I was pretty consistent at 101.7mph. If I get a better 60ft, wouldn't that go up as well?

Also, forgot to mention- the rear Savini's are 76lbs each, compared to a bogart/ET street at 29lbs each and the front Savini's are 65lbs, bogarts/ds2s are 21 lbs. Swapping tires should drop 180lbs of rolling mass

(cmon, help convince me here! I've got a Jimbama to catch! )

Drops panties faster than any R/T

DRTC #149

Status

Oddly enough, with the same HP, better traction usually LOWERS MPH by 1 or 2 mph....

Bogarts: check
    Remove sways: Check
    Remove Tonneau/tailgate :Check
    1/8th tank fuel: Check
    floor mats, jack, spare out: Check
    Short belt to bypass AC/PS: Check

Uhm, what air cleaner/air intake are you using?

[Duner] : I was afraid I was going to go too fast and scare myself. Lucky for me - the DA rose up to save me.

[Kotta390] : Oh that's right! Well FML.....Looks like I am getting shafted because of my bore size

[BlakDak71] : I don't run oil, I run a special blend consisting of Hellman's mayo and the tears of a pregnant mermaid

[Kotta390] : My electric water pump puts out too much fuel at idle and is not a variable pump which makes it overheat in the summer at idle if I sit too long

GTS hood and filter tray, 14" x 2.5" K&N with K&N extreme lid. I still think that filter might be a tad small and I cant fit a taller one. I plan to fabricate a small bracket to hold the filter tray in place with no filter element.

DRTC #149

Status

You cant fit a 3" in there? I know I can with my GTS airbox and the GTS CF Cowl, which the GTS hood was supposed to start life as....

it IS tight though..

What rear gear you running? How much convertor? Cam specs ( .050 dur and LSA )

nah, I tried a 3" filter I had, the F&B nut started rubbing a hole in the underside of the hood.

I have 4.56s, MSaine 2800 stall.

Cam specs at .050":

Intake duration- 206.9, open at -3.7 BTDC, close at 30.6 ABDC

Exhaust duration- 209.6, open at 40.2 BBDC, close at -10.6 ATDC

LSA: 111.6

Status

Quote Originally Posted by wyotech_cuda440 View Post
    yup, they're pretty rock-hard. Toyo proxes st2, treadwear 420, traction rating: A, manufactured in oct 08.

Danno, you mentioned the trap speed, I was pretty consistent at 101.7mph. If I get a better 60ft, wouldn't that go up as well?

Also, forgot to mention- the rear Savini's are 76lbs each, compared to a bogart/ET street at 29lbs each and the front Savini's are 65lbs, bogarts/ds2s are 21 lbs. Swapping tires should drop 180lbs of rolling mass

(cmon, help convince me here! I've got a Jimbama to catch! )
    Hey! How did I become the one to catch???

BLACK '02 RC R/T (BLACK N BITTER) 12.5 @ 109 mph. Under the knife again.
    '99 IB RC R/T (Sabrina's truck) 13.8 @ 96 mph SOLD!
    '10 B5 blue pearl Challenger R/T Classic edition. Totaled!!! FML!!!
    '98 CC R/T Bought wrecked. Restoring it.
    '05 WRANGLER (DD)
    '05 HARLEY FXDCI

DRTC #149

Status

nah, I tried a 3" filter I had, the F&B nut started rubbing a hole in the underside of the hood.

I have 4.56s, MSaine 2800 stall.

Cam specs at .050":

Intake duration- 206.9, open at -3.7 BTDC, close at 30.6 ABDC

Exhaust duration- 209.6, open at 40.2 BBDC, close at -10.6 ATDC

LSA: 111.6
    Maybe a tich light on the converter speed, but not bad.

Use a shorter nut??

While I know the F&B nut is cool, and I like to give Bruce as many props as I can, when the difference is a 2" or a 3" filter... well, Bruce's nuts gotta go...

Status

Oddly enough, with the same HP, better traction usually LOWERS MPH by 1 or 2 mph....

Bogarts: check
    Remove sways: Check
    Remove Tonneau/tailgate :Check
    1/8th tank fuel: Check
    floor mats, jack, spare out: Check
    Short belt to bypass AC/PS: Check

Uhm, what air cleaner/air intake are you using?
    I've noticed that..1.61 60' = low 115 mph, cut a 1.70 60' last week and ran over 116 mph.
    11.27 @ 118.23
    2017 NM Mopar Challenge Series Champion

Send Lawyers Guns & Money

Status

Even with a 1.8 60', my truck only ran in the 13.40's when it trapped 101.

That said, I believe there are 3 ways to go quicker; add power, lose weight and both.
    Alan Short
    D.R.T.C. #15

Quote Originally Posted by ironsport1000 View Post
    Hey! How did I become the one to catch???
    Looks like it you sittin at the top of the 2013 Heavy Mod N/A list, I dont think siciliano has run this year

Maybe a tich light on the converter speed, but not bad.

Use a shorter nut??

While I know the F&B nut is cool, and I like to give Bruce as many props as I can, when the difference is a 2" or a 3" filter... well, Bruce's nuts gotta go...
    I really wanted to go with a 3200 while my trans was out two weeks ago, but it would have added $600 to the cost. 2800 was the max I could get without going to a billet converter

DRTC #149

Status

Understood.

Sometimes it is what it is

Understood.

Sometimes it is what it is
    Yup, my truck was never really built for a track in the first place. Anyway, looks like I got some good straight answers for my questions, and I certainly wouldn't be mad with a low 13 in my CC.

Now I just need to see what I can do about borrowing/buying a set of drag wheels, dropping some weight, and getting to a good track during decent weather

Accumulating parts...

Status

Yup, my truck was never really built for a track in the first place. Anyway, looks like I got some good straight answers for my questions, and I certainly wouldn't be mad with a low 13 in my CC.

Now I just need to see what I can do about borrowing/buying a set of drag wheels, dropping some weight, and getting to a good track during decent weather
    Possible low 70's next weekend at Famoso!
    12.10@106@Famoso Raceway

Quote Originally Posted by GoFastGray View Post
    Possible low 70's next weekend at Famoso!
    I know, and it's really really tempting me. I just need to see if I can fit it in- I have that day free, but the Sema show is two days later and I need to finish rebuilding my buggy transmission and a new engine before our trip on the 15th.

To respond to the OP.

The tenths in the 60ft.- I honestly believe this one. My experience over the years has shown the 60ft. is EVERYTHING in 1/8 and 1/4 mile racing, on or off the street. With some select vehicles the whole .1=.2 doesnt always work, but usually it does from what I've seen on timeslips.

The weight thing I've never had much luck with. Race cars to street cars etc., theres no concrete evidence.

Vehicles that trap under 110/120 aerodynamics dont seem to affect them much in 1/8-1/4 mile racing. You should try a few of your ideas wyo.

And the belt. Once again, apples to oranges. Street/race car kind of comparison. In a street car I doubt you'll see much of any e/t gain with a "short" belt. Drive the alternator only (no p/s, a/c or w/p) and then we might start to see a difference, still hard to quantify unless you have a deadly consistent vehicle.
    Black '99 reg. cab 5.9 R/T
    Silver '95 ext. cab Ram 2500 2wd Cummins/auto
    Green '99 reg. cab Ram 1500 long bed 4x4 5.9/auto

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2