+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sublime R/T

DannyMopar

Smile

Ok,Green flares......and would like to do the black chrome look on my wheels,but don't know how.....and definately don't want it permanent...or ruin the chrome......i just think lime green needs alot of black......any ideas on the black chrome? What about dupli color shadow chrome blackout? no sand or scuff,should be able to remove with thinner if needed......what u think guys?
    Last edited by DannyMopar; 10-29-2013 at 01:29 AM.

Status

Talk to some one that does powder coating in your area..They should be able to put a black powder tint to give you that black chrome look.
    Edelbrock Magnum heads, Harland-Sharp 1:6 RR, Jomar Performance Ultra-Lite Stud Girdle, SoutheastPerformance Sheet Metal Valve Covers, Custom Hyd Roller from Reed Cams, Mopar M-1 2 Brl Intake, Hughes Stage 1 TB, JBA SS Headers, Jacobs Electronics Pro Street Ignition System and Wires, MBRP 'Cuda Style Exhaust, Western Chassis 2" drop front and rear, Edelbrock IAS Shocks, Terry DeLong Pro-Glass Shaker Hood

GPz550 Addict

Status

I saw a decal on an R/T for sale somewhere that had about a 5-6" sectioned stripe, going to solid from the upper bed area forward. Kind of Cuda-ish, but remained the same thickness past the front door. Flat black on that green would look great.

Yes to the same color green fender flares as well.
    DRTC #1176

2000 Bright White CC (1/553)
    Dyno'ed 07/05/13 (126,000 Miles) 230 Hp / 308 Tq
    14.6 @ 93 mph (2.18 60 ft.), 4130 lbs.(1/2 tank gas)
    Truck Pictures --> http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v9...Clough/Dakota/

1985 Kawasaki GPz550
    2003 SV650S (Race)
    1973 W100 Powerwagon

Mater: I don’t need to know where I’m goin’, I just need to know where I been!

Blown and Squirted

Status

Quote Originally Posted by DannyMopar View Post
    i sure will. i should have the cab done this weekend and the bed done next week.......
    PM me your address.

'99 R/T- MSIIextra fuel/spark/idle, ZCP mx422 supercharged, ZCP Tbrake 727, PPC 10" 3800, 4.10, (\/) Headers, 2.5" Duals, Truetrac, Boyd Timeless 6's, Hotchkis TVS.
    Z Code Performance Website

Labor of love

Status

Ok,Green flares......and would like to do the black chrome look on my wheels,but don't know how.....and definately don't want it permanent...or ruin the chrome......i just think lime green needs alot of black......any ideas on the black chrome? What about dupli color shadow chrome blackout? no sand or scuff,should be able to remove with thinner if needed......what u think guys?
    I could give you the number to the guy that painted my rims and basically my whole truck. We need to meet up sometime would like to check that truck out.
    98 Dakota R/T DA brought back to life.

DannyMopar

sounds good Daytona.....i painted flares green tonight after work and found some dupli color Shadow chrome blackout.......gonna try that saturday.....I will be at the body shop if you wanna come by.

Pretends well

Status

Looks good sir

Ill just drop this here

This is exactly why I need another truck so that I can drive it while re-painting mine. That looks awesome!

OG DRTC

Status

If you want to see what the wheels would look like different colors without doing something almost permanent like the duplicolor stuff, try plastidip. They have a "smoke" color which while it won't be glossy would give you an idea of what black chrome would look like so see if you like it.
    https://www.dipyourcar.com/Plasti-Dip-Smoke-can.html

DannyMopar

nice green truck!

DannyMopar

Terrible pic...

DannyMopar

droping the front end an inch this weekend....should help looks a bunch!

DannyMopar

sure looks good at night! Decal appointment next thursday!

Pretends well

Status

Looks good man! But im a little partial

Status

How did you end up doing your wheels.
    Post a couple of close-up shots of them please.
    Edelbrock Magnum heads, Harland-Sharp 1:6 RR, Jomar Performance Ultra-Lite Stud Girdle, SoutheastPerformance Sheet Metal Valve Covers, Custom Hyd Roller from Reed Cams, Mopar M-1 2 Brl Intake, Hughes Stage 1 TB, JBA SS Headers, Jacobs Electronics Pro Street Ignition System and Wires, MBRP 'Cuda Style Exhaust, Western Chassis 2" drop front and rear, Edelbrock IAS Shocks, Terry DeLong Pro-Glass Shaker Hood

CAUSEDODGEPATTERNBALDNESS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shrek View Post
    Ya think lol?

---Under Construction---

Status

That color pops at night!

My R/T build (rebuild) thread

http://www.dakota-durango.com/forum/...d.php?t=133167
    Quote Originally Posted by 70Cuda383 View Post
    It's an emissions thing. someone, somewhere said that the millions of gallons of gas that evaporate to the atmosphere every year was killing tree frogs on some south african isalnd or some shit, those endangered tree frogs can suck my left nut.

DannyMopar

Quote Originally Posted by Shrek View Post
    Hehehe,thanks! I love it!

DannyMopar

Quote Originally Posted by kota360 View Post
    How did you end up doing your wheels.
    Post a couple of close-up shots of them please.
    Dupli color shadow Black...yurned out fair,im gonna do it again as I had a few fish eyes and a couple spits of the spray can....looks good from 10 feet away! try to get a pic up for ya this weekend.

Status

Dupli color shadow Black...yurned out fair,im gonna do it again as I had a few fish eyes and a couple spits of the spray can....looks good from 10 feet away! try to get a pic up for ya this weekend.
    Thank you.
    Much appreciated
    Looks really good.
    How much shine is there on the wheels?
    Does the chrome still shine through?
    Personal opinion, I think black chrome looks way cool, especially against the sub-lime.

DannyMopar

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaNdaytona View Post
    I could give you the number to the guy that painted my rims and basically my whole truck. We need to meet up sometime would like to check that truck out.
    PM sent.

DannyMopar

painted these also,doing the hood tomorrow. dropped the front now i need to bring the rear down just a little.

God dam that looks good!! What did it costs you to paint it that color?

Pretends well

Status

Question , details on the paint, actual color and brand. Thanks

DannyMopar

Thumbs up

Thanks!, it didn't cost me a dime,I have been doing body and paint for 25 years..my paint supplier gave me the paint (du pont chroma base #5181k sublime) and i had materials stockpiled over the years....
    Last edited by DannyMopar; 11-10-2013 at 01:16 AM. Reason: left out something

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast