+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2001 Motorsports Edition R/T

Agreed, even though the Motorsports package was available on the Intrepid R/T and the Neon R/T it was never offered on the Dakota R/T. Too bad, would have been a cool option and a very rare R/T for sure.

DRTC #311

Status

I don't doubt your findings, spence, but those 3.9's and 5.9 motorsport dakotas must be super rare because i've never heard of one out side of this thread. I would say with equal certainty that I've never seen or heard of a motorsport quad cab either. Rebadged dakota's are nothing new, people have been putting r/t decals on quad cabs and 4x4's for years. I don't see why the motorsports badge would be exempt.

The 5.9L Quad cab must be super rare and I have never seen or heard of one either except for the youtube video but I have heard of a 3.9L version a few times. You can still google "2001 Dakota motorsports motion" and see the old ad from Motion Autosports that shows a bunch of pictures and the window sticker that clearly shows that it is a 3.9L 5 speed truck with a 3.55 rear end. It sold for over 11 grand.

The Stig's Americn Cousin

Status

How rare are the neon motorsports r/ts really ??
    1 of 135
    '98 IB CC -14.699 @ 92.04 HP-223+ TQ-302+
    K&N FIPK - Custom true duals - DUI ignition system-T56

"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson

Not really sure but I have only seen one neon motorsports in the flesh and that was a few years ago. It was just outside of Boston and it had out of state plates I don't think it was an R/T. I do remember it was flame red.

The Stig's Americn Cousin

Status

I saw that early post that claims 87 total but that can't be right
    1 of 135
    '98 IB CC -14.699 @ 92.04 HP-223+ TQ-302+
    K&N FIPK - Custom true duals - DUI ignition system-T56

"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson

Status

Default 2001 Dodge Dakota - Motorsports Edition production numbers

Here are the production numbers for the 2001 Dodge Dakota - Motorsports Edition
    All USA shipped in SPORT trim. (note: Non of these are R/Ts.)

-=PLMCRZY=-

"Bleach Master"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RiG View Post
    I love the motorsport edition trucks. You could get the 4.7 with the manual and 3.92 rear end gear ratio. I think that truck would be faster than an R/T. Put the R/T suspension on it and it would be a blast!
    Nope, yes I have proven this back when I first bought my truck in 2000........

My R/T - 2
    4.7 5 speed Dakota - 0
    This signature has been deleted thanks to photobucket!

-Zen-

Status

Since we're bringing back an old thread, and I didn't see it mentioned, these trucks also came with a 'goodie' bag of stuff. I forget what other stuff was in it (drink coozies think?), but for some reason Dodge sent me the goodie bag and the coolest thing was a large knit blanket with 'motorsports' written across it. Made a good dog bed.

Saw a Flame Red Motorsports the other day cruising down the road. Was hoping to catch the guy at a light but never got close enough. It still had the factory black wheels although some of the center caps were missing. It had a rear cap covering the bed which I thought looked strange on a Motorsports, wonder if the guy even knew he had something unusual. Speaking of caps, I found a Leer truck caps for Dodge brochure in the glove box of a junker recently and on the cover they had none other than a Dodge Dakota R/T on the cover with a cap on it.

Default Re: Motorsport, what does it mean?

Hey Guys and Gals,
    I attended the Dakota R/T Nationals in Atlanta 2006 and St. Louis 2007 with my '01 Motorsports RC
    4.7 speed / Black. I was at Atlanta as a spectator, and a participant at Gateway Dragway.
    You may notice that a lot of the internet info on the Motorsports Edition came from me,
    since I bought mine new in Sept.'01, and emailed Chrysler several times about the
    production numbers.

BTW, our local dealer had a QC 5.9 Motorsports on the lot at the same time that I bought mine.

I put 437,000 miles on the truck, then sold it last year to a Mopar collector who has big plans to
    keep it going. Over 460K on the original engine at this point.

The current daily driver is a 2010 Dakota 4.7 CC Big Horn.

01Motorsport
    Last edited by 01Motorsport; 12-10-2018 at 08:29 PM. Reason: add

460K on a 4.7, man that is impressive. You say "original engine" but was that mileage put on without any rebuilds?

Status

Default Dakota Motorsports edition

Haven’t posted anything in a few years. Just wanted to let everyone know I still have my Motorsports edition. Just turned 78,000 miles. Still loving the rubber burning v8 5 spd sure grip.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast dak View Post
    Haven’t posted anything in a few years. Just wanted to let everyone know I still have my Motorsports edition. Just turned 78,000 miles. Still loving the rubber burning v8 5 spd sure grip.
    Cool, pictures.

Accumulating parts...

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fast dak View Post
    Sweet! I’ve only seen one once at a used dealership around town. I think this was around 2004 when I had my first Dakota.
    12.10@106@Famoso Raceway

Status

2FB73033-33E5-4863-B7B7-444BA3F7A59D.jpg hope this works. Sorry it took so long. But I just got accepted to the site. 6631E0E4-BC37-48A8-9B85-DE207C8DCFD1.jpg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2