Thread: Dcx x3

Default Dcx x3

SCT is still shooting for a November release for SEMA. They are also targeting support through '12 as well.

I don't work with the new engineers like I did back in '05 to '07 which I provided probably half of what's avail for us in the tuning today thats meaningful, but I did highly recommend tire size changing on the x3 revamp. We'll see if they do that or not. I told them you can't charge the price you do for the X3 and not have tire size change like superchips lol.

Status

Is Chris Johnson still there?
    Tha DakFink: 1999 Solar Yellow R/Three 468cui, W9-RP heads, Twin 76mm Turbos, Powerglide Trans. , Bob's Fab Shop 25.3 SFI Chassis for 10.5W racing .
    (Still in the Fab Shop)

Hot rodder rule of thumb....every $1 invested in head flow is roughly worth $3 in the short block

He's still a calibrator there

I like free kittens

Status

November? Glad I didn't unload BOTH of my 9550s hoping to get the new version due out "end of summer" I had no idea summer ended in November! --are these guys in Florida or something? UP here in Ohio, Summer ends...oh, about a week ago

tire size changes would be a nice plus. I picked up a Snap-On MT2500 because I was told that I could use it for tire size changes and setting fuel sync. So far all I have done is set fuel sync. Haven't been able to get anywhere near the ABS computer to change the tire size, but then again, I may have a bad cartridge but don't feel like gambling another $50 on a cartridge only to find out that it's not a bad cartridge.
    --Tom
    **Photobucket can suck my nut**

I'm a douchebag

yea there were talking end of summer but now November. For a little bit there they were thinking of releasing the old '96 to '03 stuff on the X3 to get it out the door. Now they are planning a release with support through '12. And originally they were planning on including preloaded tunes on it and now they say it'll be an empty tuner like the X2 just so they can get it out the door. And of course supposedly a generic odbII datalogger.

As for the tire size, the X3 is supposed to write to the layer in the pcm that has this bit of data. Whether they just toss out existing support to get the X3 in the market w/o any updates is yet to be seen. They were talking $379 for the x3 and I'm thinking they need some tire size changing abilities at that price.

So what are we looking at in price for the tuner and custom tune probably ?

good question. map on those is like $379. But they also said they were gonna load em up with preloaded tune files, now they say to get the product on the market it would come empty so the dealers can load it up. At this point, I'm clueless on the pricing

Just curious, you have the ability to tune the 04 Hemi in the Durango's correct? I was thinking about adding a turbo to my daily driver. Just tossing around the idea of a remote mount setup.
    513-Motorsports-LLC
    A couple of turbos on an old Dakota

These older models suck big time for their top ring position and the edges of the pistons cracking up. EGT's go nuts with part throttle boost that the turbo's will pound out. I'd probably initially say don't do it lol, use nitrous. Or go with some heads and cam.

I like free kittens

Status

I knew I had heard somewhere that the pistons in the Hemi's were only designed for stock power levels and that it was a time bomb if you turned up the wick.

How much power will those pistons handle if it's fed NA? I assume spray would have the same result as boost, and kill the pistons? Or is the only problem under part throttle boost?

just curious. back to your DCX x3 thread
    --Tom
    **Photobucket can suck my nut**

I'm a douchebag

nitrous usually does well. Nitrous is its own cooling agent.

Status

Just got an email from samantha@sctflash.com confirming the X3 will come with a datalogger.
    2004 Neon SRT4 - Stage 3
    2000 Dakota R/T - Daily Driver

Status

Sounds like the price may have just gone up. Did she give any ballpark on that?
    Andrew
    1999 IB RC R/T
    TKO600

Status

"Most likely the same price as our ford and gm x3’s but not 100% sure."
    2004 Neon SRT4 - Stage 3

I'm still waiting to understand their pricing structure. MAP on their existing X3's is $379. That's kinda what I'm expecting. But they are also proud of their x3's and the dealer pricing is high on the units.

Originally they were going to offer preloaded tunes. Last I heard they weren't going to do that and were going to just offer blank units like the X2. If they do so, I hope they don't keep the dealer price so high on them

Status

As far as you know, would the built in data logger provide enough information for you to tune with? $379 doesn't seem too steep if it's enough info, considering an LM-2 is like $400+ (I think) ?
    2004 Neon SRT4 - Stage 3

actual airfuel information is always nice and that's what a wideband shows.

Status

Any updates? I'm getting close to putting it back together.. I've always hated not giving you datalogged info..
    - Josh

2000 Solar Yellow R/T - Cam Only Truck
    1987 Buick Regal T-Type - WE4 and Blackout
    2008 GMC 1500 Quad Cab
    1989 Jeep YJ - Real Jeeps have Square Headlights
    1971 Buick Skylark - LS SWAP THE WORLD

Its "close". They have been asking us dealers what our initial sales might be from a count perspective, etc. They are now trying all they can to have it out by the time they close for Christmas on Dec 20. Otherwise they say Jan.

Status

Shit, well count me in for one; time to get rid of this Superchips....
    2004 Neon SRT4 - Stage 3