+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Viper Gearbox in a 'kota. in-depth how-to

Status

Hey Tom,
    I was wondering if you knew if Gerko was still in business or not? I know you recommended them in your T-56 thread. I tried reaching out to Geoff several times last year and never got a response. Thanks!
    - Justin

'00 BW CC R/T
    '91 Graphite Turbo Targa Supra

F-Quick Myspace Facebook

I like free kittens

Status

Thank goodness I still get emails on posts I've participated in! haha. Id have never seen this otherwise.

Yes, Gerko is still in business, but it's a side gig for him that aligns nicely with his day job. He's the sole US distributor/Rep for Australian made Mantic Clutches.
    Give him a call and he can get you whatever you need.

Pretty sure James Marsh just ordered a flywheel from him recently.
    --Tom
    **Photobucket can suck my nut**

I'm a douchebag

I bought a few things from Gerko a couple months ago including a flywheel. He seemed busy but was pretty responsive to me by email. Tom, I believe Geoff asked you a question about the shifter lever hitting the open ash tray on my behalf, thanks for responding. A side note, I don't see any of Tom's photos from the original posts anymore, does anyone still have them by chance?

I like free kittens

Status

Quote Originally Posted by JonRT View Post
    I bought a few things from Gerko a couple months ago including a flywheel. He seemed busy but was pretty responsive to me by email. Tom, I believe Geoff asked you a question about the shifter lever hitting the open ash tray on my behalf, thanks for responding. A side note, I don't see any of Tom's photos from the original posts anymore, does anyone still have them by chance?
    Yea he was texting me recently on that stuff. Hopefully you got what you needed to make your situation work. I had forgotten my truck even had an ash tray until he was like ‘yo. Can you row your gears with the ash tray open?’

As for my pics…. Fuck photobucket. They ruined the whole photo-sharing aspect of forums. Let me know specific questions you have and I’ll see what I can do to help you.
    --Tom
    **Photobucket can suck my nut**

I'm a douchebag

Thanks, the reason I asked was my A/F gauge is mounted there and was worried that 5th or reverse might be an issue with that. It might work, but I am going to switch the gauge over to the A pillar instead just incase. I won't be starting to swap the transmission until spring time so I may be asking around for some advice then.

Status

Yeah, I asked on the Facebook group too...lol. I e-mailed him today and he responded, apologizing. Thanks for getting back!
    - Justin

'00 BW CC R/T

F-Quick Myspace Facebook

Status

If you'd like, I can setup a folder for you on my web server. I don't *plan* on ever getting rid of it, so any photos there should be relatively permanent...lol.
    - Justin

'00 BW CC R/T

F-Quick Myspace Facebook

That would be very helpful, thank you.

Status

One more question - what shifter should I use on this setup? Tom, did you use a stock Dakota NV3500 shifter? Or was it something else, like the SRT-10 shifter? What are you using Jon?
    - Justin

'00 BW CC R/T

F-Quick Myspace Facebook

I haven't been able to figure that out yet. I won't be doing the swap until the spring. Gerko said he can provide an adapter block to get the angle correct and suggested using a B-body lever, but I haven't confirmed any of that yet. I am planning on having the transmission in place and taking some measurements to figure out what I want. Most of the swaps I've seen have the arm rest center console, but I have one of the middle seat benches, so I want to make sure that isn't a problem for me.

DAKRT56

Status

I run this one in my truck, but mine's got the arm rest/center console setup: https://core-shifters.com/products/h...31948735053942

Steve - 1999 Flame Red RC R/T-56
    Comp Cams | F&B | Mopar | Spintech | SCT | Hotchkis

Status

Quote Originally Posted by JonRT View Post
    I haven't been able to figure that out yet. I won't be doing the swap until the spring. Gerko said he can provide an adapter block to get the angle correct and suggested using a B-body lever, but I haven't confirmed any of that yet. I am planning on having the transmission in place and taking some measurements to figure out what I want. Most of the swaps I've seen have the arm rest center console, but I have one of the middle seat benches, so I want to make sure that isn't a problem for me.
    Ah, I see. Yeah, I was hoping Tom would chime in by now. I never saw any reference to what shifter to use in his tutorial...would be a nice bit of info to have in there.

Quote Originally Posted by chrgr340 View Post
    I run this one in my truck, but mine's got the arm rest/center console setup: https://core-shifters.com/products/h...31948735053942
    Thanks, I may pick that up!
    - Justin

'00 BW CC R/T

F-Quick Myspace Facebook

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4