+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HiPoTek Crank Sensor Adapter Dodge/Jeep 3.9/5.2/5.9 Magnum EFI/MPI

Supporting Vendor

Status

Default HiPoTek Crank Sensor Adapter Dodge/Jeep 3.9/5.2/5.9 Magnum EFI/MPI

The HiPoTek Crank Sensor Adapter allows for the use of a Magnum crank sensor with a non-Magnum engine block, that doesn’t have the crank sensor mounting bosses cast into the block. This is for use with the EFI/MPI system utilizing the crank sensor and Magnum flexplate.

The HiPoTek Crank Sensor Adapter allows for the crank sensor to be mounted to the transmission bell housing instead of the Magnum engine block. It can be used with the A727, A904, A500, and A518 automatic transmissions. It should also work with the manual transmission bell housing, but to date this hasn’t been checked.

If the transmission bell housing to be used does not have the cut-out in the bell housing for the crank sensor, it will be necessary to create the cut-out yourself.

Special thanks to Danno for rekindling my interest in this product idea.

http://stores.hi-potek.com/hipotek-c...agnum-efi-mpi/

Last edited by 98Dak408; 07-13-2016 at 10:57 AM.

Status
    Blog Entries

NICE WORK RICHARD!

You just saved my old 1990 360 roller motor from the scrap heap!!

And open up a lot of possibilities for motor trans combo's! Good on you! Another Hipotek innovation worth celebrating!

00 FR RC Dakota R/T Turbo 11.56@118

99 Amethyst RC Dakota R/T 1-170 13.84@98

P.I.E. tuned cause Flynn is for the Birds if you wanna Run Fast have some PIE !

Just call me George W

want more inchs STROKE IT

Status

Oh boy. What to do?
    425 is feeling so tempting now!

Bad Luck Truck
    Current setup
    „R„block 429ci W5 heads 700hp N/A
    1/8 mile #'s 6.47@105 1.37 60’ 10.23@131

Old 1/4 numbers below with 408
    Fastest N/A 2010,2011,2014
    477-RWHP ?-RWTQ

11.244 ET @ 119.71mph N/A
    FOXHOLE RACING
    "If you like me good, if you hate me, even better!"
    Chris

Status

Quote Originally Posted by krs1r/t View Post
    Oh boy. What to do?
    425 is feeling so tempting now!
    I double dog dare you

DRTC Member #1146

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 1evilrt View Post
    I double dog dare you
    I second this. So that is a triple dog dare!

2002 Flame Red RC R/T
    272 RWHP 315 ft/lb TQ
    218/226 Comp Cam, Stage 1 Ported EQ Heads, PRW 1.6 Roller Rockers, PIE Custom Tune, Full spintech exhaust with 3" side exit, 52mm Holley, Ported Kegger, Viper E-Fan, Powerdemon Trans, Hotchkis Springs, Leafs and Sway Bars, R/T 20's, Gen 3 viper seats, Custom "Rejected" State Inspection Sticker
    Plenty More to come

Supporting Vendor

Status

^^^
    Holy Schnikies, it’s the friggin’ Red Truck Mofia!

Blown and Squirted

Status

Nice work.

'99 R/T- MSIIextra fuel/spark/idle, ZCP mx422 supercharged, ZCP Tbrake 727, PPC 10" 3800, 4.10, (\/) Headers, 2.5" Duals, Truetrac, Boyd Timeless 6's, Hotchkis TVS.
    Z Code Performance Website

That is awesome what is the price on that part?

Supporting Vendor

Status

That is awesome what is the price on that part?
    Thanks Chris! This is the current price: http://stores.hi-potek.com/hipotek-c...agnum-efi-mpi/
    Last edited by 98Dak408; 12-30-2013 at 09:44 PM.

Status

Ok Maybe i'm reading more into this than I need to but before I put my master plan together for the winter I need to know. If I understand correctly this will allow me to put a LA based 408 and a 727 in my Dak? Does the sensor need to be clocked in a certain position on the bell housing for it to read the crank position correctly? If so does it come with instructions for that placement? Just so you know I'm buying a proven 408 LA based stroker to replace my destroyed Magnum and need to try and keep the EFI for a year since this is taking up the money set aside for the carb swap.

www.AIRRAM.com Discounted Performance Parts with FREE SHIPPING!

Supporting Vendor

Status

Ok Maybe i'm reading more into this than I need to but before I put my master plan together for the winter I need to know. If I understand correctly this will allow me to put a LA based 408 and a 727 in my Dak? Does the sensor need to be clocked in a certain position on the bell housing for it to read the crank position correctly? If so does it come with instructions for that placement? Just so you know I'm buying a proven 408 LA based stroker to replace my destroyed Magnum and need to try and keep the EFI for a year since this is taking up the money set aside for the carb swap.
    I have the tolerances pretty tight so it is aligned with the block bolt holes for the up-down position. Any minor variance from side-to-side from the bell housing flange thickness shouldn’t be detrimental to the pickup reading. So "clocking" the sensor will not be necessary. The only other real issue will be motor mounts that fit the ’97-03 Dakota frame mount and LA block mounting ears. The LA block doesn’t have the Magnum style motor mount holes, just the front mounting ears, if I recall correctly. I have considered fabricating a motor mount for this application, but they take more time to fabricate by hand than the limited number of people interested may be willing to pay for them, so it has been on the back burner for the time being. I have been considering various designs though with cost in mind. With the motor mount issue taken care of; this could be a viable alternative to the Magnum engine. I will put more time into the motor mount design.

Blown and Squirted

Status

Quote Originally Posted by steelhorse5778 View Post
    So long as you use a magnum style EFI flex plate and 727 converter with 90* pattern.

'99 R/T- MSIIextra fuel/spark/idle, ZCP mx422 supercharged, ZCP Tbrake 727, PPC 10" 3800, 4.10, (\/) Headers, 2.5" Duals, Truetrac, Boyd Timeless 6's, Hotchkis TVS.

DRTC #149

Status

NICE!

Sorry I missed the thread initially

This really should open the door to keeping JTEC control on ANYTHING that we put in the Dakotas... Id even bet that with just a little modification you could even get that to work with a bigblock....

99 DA RC To Be Discovered AKA Smokey
    98 DA CC 11.59@118 AKA Barney

[Duner] : I was afraid I was going to go too fast and scare myself. Lucky for me - the DA rose up to save me.

[Kotta390] : Oh that's right! Well FML.....Looks like I am getting shafted because of my bore size

[BlakDak71] : I don't run oil, I run a special blend consisting of Hellman's mayo and the tears of a pregnant mermaid

[Kotta390] : My electric water pump puts out too much fuel at idle and is not a variable pump which makes it overheat in the summer at idle if I sit too long

[KotaRT] : Ed, you can have cake, as long as I get something in return

I like free kittens

Status

Next step-- adapting the cam sensor to fit any distributor. Then you COULD run a big block with factory EFI/JTEC
    --Tom
    **Photobucket can suck my nut**

I'm a douchebag

DRTC #149

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Filbert View Post
    Next step-- adapting the cam sensor to fit any distributor. Then you COULD run a big block with factory EFI/JTEC
    That shouldnt be too hard. All the bodies and shafts were basically the same except for the lengths.

Just take a B or RB shaft and put it in the Maggy distributor body

99 DA RC To Be Discovered AKA Smokey
    98 DA CC 11.59@118 AKA Barney

[Duner] : I was afraid I was going to go too fast and scare myself. Lucky for me - the DA rose up to save me.

[Kotta390] : Oh that's right! Well FML.....Looks like I am getting shafted because of my bore size

[BlakDak71] : I don't run oil, I run a special blend consisting of Hellman's mayo and the tears of a pregnant mermaid

[Kotta390] : My electric water pump puts out too much fuel at idle and is not a variable pump which makes it overheat in the summer at idle if I sit too long

[KotaRT] : Ed, you can have cake, as long as I get something in return

I like free kittens

Status

Yea, I never thought it would be too hard to do either, but also never tried.

Now that this CPS is available, I think I will strongly consider OBD-II EFI with JTEC on the big block that I'll put into my Cuda.

Carbs are cool, but I've also really enjoyed having EFI on the Dakota. so much easier to troubleshoot when things aren't running right.

...unless of course it's an electrical gremlin, those flat out suck
    --Tom
    **Photobucket can suck my nut**

I'm a douchebag

Blown and Squirted

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Filbert View Post
    It's just a 5v 50/50 that JTEC triggers on the falling edge. Pretty straight forward.

+ Reply to Thread