Thread: Borrow a Snap on MT2500

DRTC #149

Status

Quote Originally Posted by nevr2fast01 View Post
    got a part number off the map sensor?
    You thinking 2bar like I am?

99 DA RC To Be Discovered AKA Smokey
    98 DA CC 11.59@118 AKA Barney

[Duner] : I was afraid I was going to go too fast and scare myself. Lucky for me - the DA rose up to save me.

[Kotta390] : Oh that's right! Well FML.....Looks like I am getting shafted because of my bore size

[BlakDak71] : I don't run oil, I run a special blend consisting of Hellman's mayo and the tears of a pregnant mermaid

[Kotta390] : My electric water pump puts out too much fuel at idle and is not a variable pump which makes it overheat in the summer at idle if I sit too long

[KotaRT] : Ed, you can have cake, as long as I get something in return

Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    You thinking 2bar like I am?
    Danno, it's a stock replacement MAP from Napa
    "the vast majority of the people on this website are such tight asses that they could probably squeeze out diamonds - but they'd never spend the money to buy the coal' - Steve F. 2012

"Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basho once wrote, "A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a doughnut with no hole is a Danish" - Ty Webb, 1980

DRTC #149

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Jassole View Post
    Danno, it's a stock replacement MAP from Napa
    Ok,

My concern is that the MAP reading that the sensor is giving is WAY different than the actual vacuum in the motor. This alone could give you no end of fits for idle and drivability issues.

Would you let him borrow your stock MAP and see how it compares?

[Duner] : I was afraid I was going to go too fast and scare myself. Lucky for me - the DA rose up to save me.

[Kotta390] : Oh that's right! Well FML.....Looks like I am getting shafted because of my bore size

[BlakDak71] : I don't run oil, I run a special blend consisting of Hellman's mayo and the tears of a pregnant mermaid

[Kotta390] : My electric water pump puts out too much fuel at idle and is not a variable pump which makes it overheat in the summer at idle if I sit too long

DRTC #149

Status

And I finally got all those pictures to load ( Hate work network... ) anyway, that MAP sensor is showing 29" of vacuum when the engine is OFF?? Something is fucked up there seriously... its almost like it is reading backwards....

Does anyone remember the trick with the MAP sensors and the check valve that the early boost trucks were using? I think they have replaced everything that could be having an effect, but I want to make sure.

Status

1 K4 18BK/LB SENSOR GROUND
    2 K1 18DG/RD MAP SENSOR SIGNAL
    3 K7 18OR 5V SUPPLY

check #1 and #2 while running and get back with me with the voltages it should be around 1.3V
    1999 solar fire reboot
    Gas-Beat-Repeat

Status

And I finally got all those pictures to load ( Hate work network... ) anyway, that MAP sensor is showing 29" of vacuum when the engine is OFF?? Something is fucked up there seriously... its almost like it is reading backwards.
    KOEO voltage should be around 4.3= roughly 29Hg at sea level
    1999 solar fire reboot
    Gas-Beat-Repeat

DRTC #149

Status

KOEO voltage should be around 4.3= roughly 29Hg at sea level
    Is that a test state or something? Because there is no way that there is 29" of vacuum in that motor... EVER.. lol

Is that a test state or something? Because there is no way that there is 29" of vacuum in that motor... EVER.. lol
    I've noticed that with my OTC scanner, it reads the map backwards. Key on, engine off shows 28-29", idle shows around 10, and cruise shows 12-18".

Its kind of confusing, but as long as I subtract the scanner number from the KoEo number it tells me the accurate number confirmed by a real vac gauge.

If Josh's scanner reads the same way as mine, the 8.5" means he's actually at 19.5", I assume the JTEC knows what to do with those numbers because mine seems to work fine.

Don, is your truck running? Can josh plug in his scanner and fire it up to see what the map reads on your truck to compare?

Drops panties faster than any R/T

Blown and Squirted

Status

And I finally got all those pictures to load ( Hate work network... ) anyway, that MAP sensor is showing 29" of vacuum when the engine is OFF?? Something is fucked up there seriously... its almost like it is reading backwards....

Does anyone remember the trick with the MAP sensors and the check valve that the early boost trucks were using? I think they have replaced everything that could be having an effect, but I want to make sure.
    The trick was to have the check valve on a Tee. The check valve would open to atmosphere when the motor went into boost, so the sensor was reading the pressure of the leak, which is atmospheric.

'99 R/T- MSIIextra fuel/spark/idle, ZCP mx422 supercharged, ZCP Tbrake 727, PPC 10" 3800, 4.10, (\/) Headers, 2.5" Duals, Truetrac, Boyd Timeless 6's, Hotchkis TVS.
    Z Code Performance Website

Blown and Squirted

Status

I suspect the scanner is reading out in absolute pressure, not vacuum. Does it say MAP volts? Is it near 4.3 with the engine off, and much lower at idle?

'99 R/T- MSIIextra fuel/spark/idle, ZCP mx422 supercharged, ZCP Tbrake 727, PPC 10" 3800, 4.10, (\/) Headers, 2.5" Duals, Truetrac, Boyd Timeless 6's, Hotchkis TVS.

DRTC #149

Status

Quote Originally Posted by wyotech_cuda440 View Post
    I've noticed that with my OTC scanner, it reads the map backwards. Key on, engine off shows 28-29", idle shows around 10, and cruise shows 12-18".

Its kind of confusing, but as long as I subtract the scanner number from the KoEo number it tells me the accurate number confirmed by a real vac gauge.

If Josh's scanner reads the same way as mine, the 8.5" means he's actually at 19.5", I assume the JTEC knows what to do with those numbers because mine seems to work fine.

Don, is your truck running? Can josh plug in his scanner and fire it up to see what the map reads on your truck to compare?

Ah ok thanks. New info for me

The DRB shows actual vacuum.... not reversed. So thats what I was used to using as a reference.

DRTC #149

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Five9Dak View Post
    The trick was to have the check valve on a Tee. The check valve would open to atmosphere when the motor went into boost, so the sensor was reading the pressure of the leak, which is atmospheric.
    Ok no other changes? I was pretty sure that Dave had that for his truck... so thats why i was asking.

DRTC #149

Status

OK 19.5 is in line with the 21 shown on the mech gauge. I can buy that number... Damn, I was hoping it was something simple like a bad new MAP maybe.

Status

sounds stupid but try this, unplug the tps wile its running and see if it changes, I had gone thru 3 different year tps to get the right one for my 97, the parts numbers were switched and they kept selling me a tps for a jeep
    1999 solar fire reboot
    Gas-Beat-Repeat

Status

Never answered my question about codes either
    1999 solar fire reboot
    Gas-Beat-Repeat

DRTC #149

Status

sounds stupid but try this, unplug the tps wile its running and see if it changes, I had gone thru 3 different year tps to get the right one for my 97, the parts numbers were switched and they kept selling me a tps for a jeep
    Correct part# for his is 5017479AA, which should be stamped/embossed on it somewhere.

Status

I think this needs to go into chat mode where we can all get together and fix this fucker already, hell im about to drive over there just to fix it in a day
    1999 solar fire reboot
    Gas-Beat-Repeat

DRTC #149

Status

Agreed! I wish I was on that coast.. lol

DRTC Member #1146

Status

Tim, I have no codes, I will check the voltages tomorrow and the part number on the TPS

2002 Flame Red RC R/T
    272 RWHP 315 ft/lb TQ
    218/226 Comp Cam, Stage 1 Ported EQ Heads, PRW 1.6 Roller Rockers, PIE Custom Tune, Full spintech exhaust with 3" side exit, 52mm Holley, Ported Kegger, Viper E-Fan, Powerdemon Trans, Hotchkis Springs, Leafs and Sway Bars, R/T 20's, Gen 3 viper seats, Custom "Rejected" State Inspection Sticker
    Plenty More to come

DRTC Member #1146

Status

What do you Guys mean the scanner reads backwards? And what is the KOEO number? Just askin lol

2002 Flame Red RC R/T
    272 RWHP 315 ft/lb TQ
    218/226 Comp Cam, Stage 1 Ported EQ Heads, PRW 1.6 Roller Rockers, PIE Custom Tune, Full spintech exhaust with 3" side exit, 52mm Holley, Ported Kegger, Viper E-Fan, Powerdemon Trans, Hotchkis Springs, Leafs and Sway Bars, R/T 20's, Gen 3 viper seats, Custom "Rejected" State Inspection Sticker
    Plenty More to come

Quote Originally Posted by Friggin' R/T View Post
    What do you Guys mean the scanner reads backwards? And what is the KOEO number? Just askin lol
    Key on, engine off. If you check the vacuum with your scanner KOEO it should show 0", and when running it should read higher. 20" is fairly normal for idling.

With my scanner, and maybe yours too, it reads 28 or 29 KOEO depending on the barometric pressure, and the numbers drop when its running. Mine will show 8-10" at idle, all the way up to 27-28 at WOT.

I'm not sure why the numbers read backwards, but it works and as long as you do the math it seems to be accurate.

Drops panties faster than any R/T

Status

Key on, engine off. If you check the vacuum with your scanner KOEO it should show 0", and when running it should read higher. 20" is fairly normal for idling.

With my scanner, and maybe yours too, it reads 28 or 29 KOEO depending on the barometric pressure, and the numbers drop when its running. Mine will show 8-10" at idle, all the way up to 27-28 at WOT.

I'm not sure why the numbers read backwards, but it works and as long as you do the math it seems to be accurate.
    That's Wierd, my Scanner reads in Kpa, 101Kpa, at KOEO. and somewhere around 29Kpa, at Idle.
    G-Man

Status

Straight from chrysler about koeo map reading, 4.3V or 29Hg
    1999 solar fire reboot
    Gas-Beat-Repeat

Blown and Squirted

Status

Its reading in absolute manifold pressure, not vacuum. Absolute manifold pressure is an input to speed density. Manifold "vacuum" doesn't really mean anything to an EFI system.

Should be ~101kpa absolute or 29 inHG with the engine off, and idle should be ~35kpa and 10inHG.

DRTC #149

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Five9Dak View Post
    Its reading in absolute manifold pressure, not vacuum. Absolute manifold pressure is an input to speed density. Manifold "vacuum" doesn't really mean anything to an EFI system.

Should be ~101kpa absolute or 29 inHG with the engine off, and idle should be ~35kpa and 10inHG.
    And the DRB shows in inches of Vacuum...

Hell I dunno. lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast