Status

I'd rather have the Wi Tech. :dunno

2012 RAM R/T
    Belltech.

2010 Challenger R/T
    Hurst. Billet Tech. Hop Not. SLP.

Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !!

Status

Just talked to ME11, he only built the shortblock. The "previous owner", who shall remain nameless, did the cam and heads install. So, the mystery deepens. I have no idea what cam is in that now, or if it was installed properly. What do you guys think, open it up and check out the cam install, or what ?
    "the vast majority of the people on this website are such tight asses that they could probably squeeze out diamonds - but they'd never spend the money to buy the coal' - Steve F. 2012

"Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basho once wrote, "A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a doughnut with no hole is a Danish" - Ty Webb, 1980

DRTC Member #1146

Status

Ok here are some of the various scanner readings like you guys asked. The first few are just with the key on. Then it varies from closed loop and open loop (it tells you which is which) as the truck kept dying and restarting etc.

2002 Flame Red RC R/T
    272 RWHP 315 ft/lb TQ
    218/226 Comp Cam, Stage 1 Ported EQ Heads, PRW 1.6 Roller Rockers, PIE Custom Tune, Full spintech exhaust with 3" side exit, 52mm Holley, Ported Kegger, Viper E-Fan, Powerdemon Trans, Hotchkis Springs, Leafs and Sway Bars, R/T 20's, Gen 3 viper seats, Custom "Rejected" State Inspection Sticker
    Plenty More to come

DRTC Member #1146

Status

Continued, the TPS % dropped as I tried to get it to idle lower, the % had to be about 14.5 just to get it to try and idle at 650. It would quickly decrease in rpm and die at that speed but anything more than 14.5% and it was back at 1000rpm...

2002 Flame Red RC R/T
    272 RWHP 315 ft/lb TQ
    218/226 Comp Cam, Stage 1 Ported EQ Heads, PRW 1.6 Roller Rockers, PIE Custom Tune, Full spintech exhaust with 3" side exit, 52mm Holley, Ported Kegger, Viper E-Fan, Powerdemon Trans, Hotchkis Springs, Leafs and Sway Bars, R/T 20's, Gen 3 viper seats, Custom "Rejected" State Inspection Sticker
    Plenty More to come

Status

your down stream 02 is oddly at 99% any codes?
    1999 solar fire reboot
    Gas-Beat-Repeat

DRTC Member #1146

Status

Nope. No codes, is that because it is in open air?

2002 Flame Red RC R/T
    272 RWHP 315 ft/lb TQ
    Plenty More to come

DRTC #149

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Jassole View Post
    Just talked to ME11, he only built the shortblock. The "previous owner", who shall remain nameless, did the cam and heads install. So, the mystery deepens. I have no idea what cam is in that now, or if it was installed properly. What do you guys think, open it up and check out the cam install, or what ?
    You know my stance on this. Especially now... I could have sworn it got a small cam... and the fact that it has stock rockers on it just makes me :confused

99 DA RC To Be Discovered AKA Smokey
    98 DA CC 11.59@118 AKA Barney

[Duner] : I was afraid I was going to go too fast and scare myself. Lucky for me - the DA rose up to save me.

[Kotta390] : Oh that's right! Well FML.....Looks like I am getting shafted because of my bore size

[BlakDak71] : I don't run oil, I run a special blend consisting of Hellman's mayo and the tears of a pregnant mermaid

[Kotta390] : My electric water pump puts out too much fuel at idle and is not a variable pump which makes it overheat in the summer at idle if I sit too long

[KotaRT] : Ed, you can have cake, as long as I get something in return

DRTC Member #1146

Status

What about the map only being at 8.6?

2002 Flame Red RC R/T
    272 RWHP 315 ft/lb TQ
    Plenty More to come

DRTC #149

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Friggin' R/T View Post
    What about the map only being at 8.6?
    8.6" of vacuum? I assume thats at idle....

[Duner] : I was afraid I was going to go too fast and scare myself. Lucky for me - the DA rose up to save me.

[Kotta390] : Oh that's right! Well FML.....Looks like I am getting shafted because of my bore size

[BlakDak71] : I don't run oil, I run a special blend consisting of Hellman's mayo and the tears of a pregnant mermaid

[Kotta390] : My electric water pump puts out too much fuel at idle and is not a variable pump which makes it overheat in the summer at idle if I sit too long

DRTC Member #1146

Status

8.6 inHg at my high idle

2002 Flame Red RC R/T
    272 RWHP 315 ft/lb TQ
    Plenty More to come

DRTC Member #1146

Status

But at idle my vacuum gauge reads about 21 inHg

2002 Flame Red RC R/T
    272 RWHP 315 ft/lb TQ
    Plenty More to come

DRTC #149

Status

8.6 inHg at my high idle
    Don told me that it was reading 21" of vacuum at high idle???

If its only 8.6 at 1000 RPM, start tearing that front cover off... you got some sleuthing to do. Im betting there is a cam in that thing, and the stock rocker setup may have caused some issues...

DRTC Member #1146

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Don told me that it was reading 21" of vacuum at high idle???

If its only 8.6 at 1000 RPM, start tearing that front cover off... you got some sleuthing to do. Im betting there is a cam in that thing, and the stock rocker setup may have caused some issues...
    21" on the vacuum gauge. The scanner tells me 8.6" according to the MAP sensor

2002 Flame Red RC R/T
    272 RWHP 315 ft/lb TQ
    Plenty More to come

DRTC #149

Status

21" on the vacuum gauge. The scanner tells me 8.6" according to the MAP sensor
    Have you replaced the MAP sensor

DRTC Member #1146

Status

Have you replaced the MAP sensor
    Yea it's new

2002 Flame Red RC R/T
    272 RWHP 315 ft/lb TQ
    Plenty More to come

DRTC #149

Status

Yea it's new

Something doesnt add up there...

Map sould be within a couple inches of physical reading. So if your gauge shows 21, I would expect the MAP to show no less than 18.

are you getting the physical reading from the same spot that the MAP is reading from?

DRTC Member #1146

Status

Something doesnt add up there...

Map sould be within a couple inches of physical reading. So if your gauge shows 21, I would expect the MAP to show no less than 18.

are you getting the physical reading from the same spot that the MAP is reading from?
    No, I'm getting the physical reading from where the cruise control would connect on the firewall, and I'm getting the map from the side of the manifold

2002 Flame Red RC R/T
    272 RWHP 315 ft/lb TQ
    Plenty More to come

DRTC Member #1146

Status

Should I put the old one back in and see if it changes?

2002 Flame Red RC R/T
    272 RWHP 315 ft/lb TQ
    Plenty More to come

DRTC #149

Status

No, I'm getting the physical reading from where the cruise control would connect on the firewall, and I'm getting the map from the side of the manifold
    AH!

Now we are cooking with fire!!

You cannot pull an accurate vacuum signal from that spot because that is backed up by the vacuum canister thats hidden under the cowl. You need to hook your mechanical gauge to the side of the intake and get a reading there..

Thats the next step If you still have only 8-10 inches of vacuum at that idle RPM, we are getting closer to finding some answers..

DRTC #149

Status

Should I put the old one back in and see if it changes?
    Not yet.

Lets see what the intake vacuum really is first.

DRTC Member #1146

Status

I have had it T'd from the side of the manifold before, it still read 21

2002 Flame Red RC R/T
    272 RWHP 315 ft/lb TQ
    Plenty More to come

DRTC #149

Status

I have had it T'd from the side of the manifold before, it still read 21
    Try a different MAP then. And if you didnt do it when you re-routed the MAP, put new hose on it.

Status

got a part number off the map sensor?
    1999 solar fire reboot
    Gas-Beat-Repeat

DRTC Member #1146

Status

Ok, I will put the old MAP on, I used a new hose when I put it on before

2002 Flame Red RC R/T
    272 RWHP 315 ft/lb TQ
    Plenty More to come

DRTC #149

Status

Ok, I will put the old MAP on, I used a new hose when I put it on before
    No, try a different one. See if you can steal your dads for this test.

Unless you know the history of the original MAP....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast