+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20

Thread: Borrow a Snap on MT2500

Quote Originally Posted by RTchas View Post
    I was on the phone with Him as he was running it today, I can confirm it run's!!

As for the tune swap he said no problem, Josh tell cheezie it's a go
    Thanks Chaz, we have been speaking about it tonight.

but Josh will need to find an X2 so that he can utilize the tune
    Colby
    DRTC#1159
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve '02CC View Post
    Was this an autocorrect error or are you referring to plugging $1 bills up their colon so that they can't poop?
    Quote Originally Posted by Duner View Post
    Who R/T'd in your Wheaties?

---Under Construction---

Status

I was on the phone with Him as he was running it today, I can confirm it run's!!

As for the tune swap he said no problem, Josh tell cheezie it's a go
    Dang Chas, you got Chris on speed dial .

My R/T build (rebuild) thread

http://www.dakota-durango.com/forum/...d.php?t=133167
    Quote Originally Posted by 70Cuda383 View Post
    It's an emissions thing. someone, somewhere said that the millions of gallons of gas that evaporate to the atmosphere every year was killing tree frogs on some south african isalnd or some shit, those endangered tree frogs can suck my left nut.

Status

I used Josh's pictures when I put my motor back together after the swap. They helped, but I confirmed my dist was in correctly with a straight edge. IMO it makes it clear as day.

Glad to see Chris was able to find the problem though!
    Andrew
    1999 IB RC R/T
    TKO600

Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by sunike32 View Post
    I used Josh's pictures when I put my motor back together after the swap. They helped, but I confirmed my dist was in correctly with a straight edge. IMO it makes it clear as day.

Glad to see Chris was able to find the problem though!

we used a big straight edge too. go figure. If I looked at it based on the pix, I'd still call it good. One tooth off doesn't translate into that slot being off by an obvious amount. The only way it was found was on the scanner, looking @ fuel sync. Chris looked at the pix and said he would've called it good too.
    "the vast majority of the people on this website are such tight asses that they could probably squeeze out diamonds - but they'd never spend the money to buy the coal' - Steve F. 2012

"Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basho once wrote, "A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a doughnut with no hole is a Danish" - Ty Webb, 1980

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Jassole View Post
    we used a big straight edge too. go figure. If I looked at it based on the pix, I'd still call it good. One tooth off doesn't translate into that slot being off by an obvious amount. The only way it was found was on the scanner, looking @ fuel sync. Chris looked at the pix and said he would've called it good too.
    Yeah the pictures looked good on here. How long was the straight edge that was used? That was the tell tale sign for me. The first time I dropped it in "looked" good, but a long straight edge towards the #1 mounting bolt told a different story.

Does Chris have your backup PCM yet to see if the one in the truck is bad? Any ETA on its arrival back home??
    Andrew
    1999 IB RC R/T
    TKO600

Status

Quote Originally Posted by sunike32 View Post
    Yeah the pictures looked good on here. How long was the straight edge that was used? That was the tell tale sign for me. The first time I dropped it in "looked" good, but a long straight edge towards the #1 mounting bolt told a different story.

Does Chris have your backup PCM yet to see if the one in the truck is bad? Any ETA on its arrival back home??
    It was a big ole' carpenters square, about 3 feet long. I sent him the PCM on thursday, but I don't think he's had a chance to try it yet. I'd think the truck could come home as early as this weekend.
    "the vast majority of the people on this website are such tight asses that they could probably squeeze out diamonds - but they'd never spend the money to buy the coal' - Steve F. 2012

"Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basho once wrote, "A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a doughnut with no hole is a Danish" - Ty Webb, 1980

Status

It was a big ole' carpenters square, about 3 feet long. I sent him the PCM on thursday, but I don't think he's had a chance to try it yet. I'd think the truck could come home as early as this weekend.
    Andrew
    1999 IB RC R/T
    TKO600

Status

Don, tell josh to let me know, you guys can stop by on the way home for the checkmate
    -Ryan

98 Flame Red R/T - Heads, Cam, Gears, Stall, SCT, Hotchkis, Caltracs, Transgo
    For Sale: http://www.dakotart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24582

13.33 @ 104mph

2004 Silver SRT-4 - Daily
    MSD Wires, Mopar BOV
    Totaled
    Pending Twin transplant

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 98DakRT View Post
    Don, tell josh to let me know, you guys can stop by on the way home for the checkmate
    I'm pretty sure that is his plan. Don't know when though.

Status

Just talked to Chris. my spare pcm did correct the timing and injector pulse width issues but........

There still seems to be an issue between the cam and/or crank sensors. Chris believes the crank to be ok, but the cam signal is weird. It strats dropping pulses once the engine rpms rise above 1800 or so.....genertaing occaisonal misfire codes. Chris believes that the dizzy or cam sensor could be the issue. Mainly the dizzy. Worn cam gear or wobbly shaft are the 2 things he mentioned. So, he's ordering a replacement PCM, which we needed anyway and he's going to try a different dizzy & cam sensor next. He's also going to check out the windows on the flex plate.

Status

Default Here's the Latest

Just spoke to Chris. He found the source of the intermittant cam signal drops. Seems the little window wheel on the dist. was loose on the shaft and would move out of position every so often. Sometimes setting a code, but frequently not. Anyway, the plastic welds on the reluctor wheel are broken. Chris put in an old crusty dist. and it now runs like a top on my old PCM.

So, he's getting a new PCM to replace the bad one. We'll put in a new dist., mainly because this spare is just whupped to death. AND, the snout is busted on the starter. Every so often you'll get that old chevy/pontiac starter ZING sound when cranking. Now we know why. Chris found it while he was checking the windows on the flex plate.

So it was a hosed PCM, Fuel Sync, & worn out Dist. that were the problem(s) Josh & I were chasing. Having the good scanner made all the difference here. I wonder if I would've been able to figure this out, had I had a Modis. Oh well, I'll never find out. Mainly because they are too frigging expensive. Parts & Labor I'll probably be out 1500-2K when it's all said and done.

As you know we did a full hotchkis install. All the suspension bolts are just snugged past finger tight & no alignment has been done. Chris is going to get it aligned down there & order the new parts this/next week. Barring any unforseen issues, we'll be bringing Friggin" R/T home to stay when we go down for the open house next weekend

I can't speak highly enough about my experience with Chris & PIE thus far. More vendors/shops should be like this.

Now, onto the Hemi build
    Last edited by Hugh Jassole; 10-03-2013 at 02:42 PM.

Status

That IS REALLY good news! Finally, hope that the truck can be driven & enjoyed by Josh & you of course!
    99 DA CC R/T
    13.97@100 w/modded kegger & ported TB
    12.96 @103
    10:8-1 .30 over forged bottom end
    R/T ported heads
    Detroit locker 4:56 gears
    Built 46RE MSaine 3500 stall Ultra Billet
    http://imgur.com/a/lOVuZ

Status
    Blog Entries

That's great new's Don, I knew Chris would get Josh's Rig straight!

Where did the dizzy in Josh's truck come from?

Was that Dave's OEM one? Or did he snag a used one somewhere along the return to stock I wonder?

You guy's heading down Friday and Saturday for the open house?

00 FR RC Dakota R/T Turbo 11.56@118

99 Amethyst RC Dakota R/T 1-170 13.84@98

P.I.E. tuned cause Flynn is for the Birds if you wanna Run Fast have some PIE !

Just call me George W

Status

That's great new's Don, I knew Chris would get Josh's Rig straight!

Where did the dizzy in Josh's truck come from?

Was that Dave's OEM one? Or did he snag a used one somewhere along the return to stock I wonder?

You guy's heading down Friday and Saturday for the open house?
    Who knows where Dave got that dizzy. Talk about an obscure issue though. That and the PCM code doing the opposite of it was supposed to be doing, I never would've gotten anyplace with that. This truck came very close to being parted out because of these weird ass issues.

I like free kittens

Status

$1500-2000? Damn. Coulda bought a whole truck for that!

At least it's finally fixed!
    --Tom
    **Photobucket can suck my nut**

I'm a douchebag

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Filbert View Post

I know, I know.

Thanks Again, previous owner

Marsh Madness

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Filbert View Post

You can. I bought the rc for $1600. $600 for motor and trans. $1000 for the truck.

Solar Fire FTW!!!!
    ~James Marsh
    Marsh Madness Specialties

Speed Cost Money.
    How Fast Do You Want To Go???
    ~Graham Hill

...408 in the works...(waiting on me)

Status

Default It is BACK !

Drove it home from Chris' shop today. 3hrs, at 80-90 mph, no issues.

Well, not really. But it's cool. I had the ac comp unplugged, mainly because none of the other hoses etc are present. So the ports on the comp. are covered with duct tape Chris must have plugged it back in while troubleshooting. No bueno, I turned on the defroster on the way way home. The compressor kicked on and blew compressor oil all over the underhood area. So I had some cleaning to do. No biggie

JT goes to put his tinted clear tails on, and we check the brake lights. No brake lights, none. . I check and there's power to the sockets. So, I go check on the brake light switch. I couldn't find up by the brake pedal. So I look under the hood, maybe it's up there. Nope, not there either. So I got the brilliant idea to go look at my truck. Genius ! You know why I couldn't find the switch on Friggin' R/T ? Wait for it........... There is no friggin' brake light switch ! WTF !?!? $13 @ Advance Auto, I'll put it in tomorrow. AFTER I straighten out the mangled mounting bracket !? What the hell could've happened there ? I mean really. This truck is the gift that keeps on giving. The ghosts of owners past remain, for now. But I really think the thing is going to be nice for JT now. Hell the whole truck is practically new. This stuff is just minor. It drove really nice and the belltech sport performance shocks are a lot nicer match to the Hotchkis stuff than the shitty nitro drops my R/T has.

Even though we needed some help at the end, with a super obscure issue, I'm really proud of the work/growth/persistance that Josh put into this truck. When he rolled it off the trailer last year, he had never touched a wrench. It's been really fun to watch. Nice job JT Best of luck with it.
    Last edited by Hugh Jassole; 10-12-2013 at 11:38 PM.

DRTC Member #1146

Status

Drove it home from Chris' shop today. 3hrs, at 80-90 mph, no issues.

Well, not really. But it's cool. I had the ac comp unplugged, mainly because none of the other hoses etc are present. So the ports on the comp. are covered with duct tape Chris must have plugged it back in while troubleshooting. No bueno, I turned on the defroster on the way way home. The compressor kicked on and blew compressor oil all over the underhood area. So I had some cleaning to do. No biggie

JT goes to put his tinted clear tails on, and we check the brake lights. No brake lights, none. . I check and there's power to the sockets. So, I go check on the brake light switch. I couldn't find up by the brake pedal. So I look under the hood, maybe it's up there. Nope, not there either. So I got the brilliant idea to go look at my truck. Genius ! You know why I couldn't find the switch on Friggin' R/T ? Wait for it........... There is no friggin' brake light switch ! WTF !?!? $13 @ Advance Auto, I'll put it in tomorrow. AFTER I straighten out the mangled mounting bracket !? What the hell could've happened there ? I mean really. This truck is the gift that keeps on giving. The ghosts of owners past remain, for now. But I really think the thing is going to be nice for JT now. Hell the whole truck is practically new. This stuff is just minor. It drove really nice and the belltech sport performance shocks are a lot nicer match to the Hotchkis stuff than the shitty nitro drops my R/T has.

Even though we needed some help at the end, with a super obscure issue, I'm really proud of the work/growth/persistance that Josh put into this truck. When he rolled it off the trailer last year, he had never touched a wrench. It's been really fun to watch. Nice job JT Best of luck with it.
    I think I just shed a tear! Gracias papi it has been fun working with you
    Last edited by Friggin' R/T; 10-13-2013 at 12:46 AM.

2002 Flame Red RC R/T
    272 RWHP 315 ft/lb TQ
    218/226 Comp Cam, Stage 1 Ported EQ Heads, PRW 1.6 Roller Rockers, PIE Custom Tune, Full spintech exhaust with 3" side exit, 52mm Holley, Ported Kegger, Viper E-Fan, Powerdemon Trans, Hotchkis Springs, Leafs and Sway Bars, R/T 20's, Gen 3 viper seats, Custom "Rejected" State Inspection Sticker
    Plenty More to come

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20