+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Borrow a Snap on MT2500

Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Friggin' R/T View Post
    I can't see what the TPS voltage is just what % it is at
    measure it with the volt meter
    "the vast majority of the people on this website are such tight asses that they could probably squeeze out diamonds - but they'd never spend the money to buy the coal' - Steve F. 2012

"Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basho once wrote, "A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a doughnut with no hole is a Danish" - Ty Webb, 1980

DRTC #149

Status

I bought the superchips after I bought the harness. But how can I find what the fuel sync is set at? A better scanner than the one I bought I assume?

Yup, But if its in the notch, it should be pretty close to where it needs to be. Close enough at least to bypass the issues you are having.

What injectors are in it. I know that you had asked me about the injector harness connectors... did you ever figure out what injectors they were? Are the the stock red/orange ones? If not, take a quick picture of them and toss it up here... I learned recently that not all injectors are the same, and that some will NOT work correctly.

Just tryin to cross more stuff off the "list"

99 DA RC To Be Discovered AKA Smokey
    98 DA CC 11.59@118 AKA Barney

[Duner] : I was afraid I was going to go too fast and scare myself. Lucky for me - the DA rose up to save me.

[Kotta390] : Oh that's right! Well FML.....Looks like I am getting shafted because of my bore size

[BlakDak71] : I don't run oil, I run a special blend consisting of Hellman's mayo and the tears of a pregnant mermaid

[Kotta390] : My electric water pump puts out too much fuel at idle and is not a variable pump which makes it overheat in the summer at idle if I sit too long

[KotaRT] : Ed, you can have cake, as long as I get something in return

DRTC Member #1146

Status

They are the stock red ones. I think. I will throw a pic up here as soon as the monsoon stops outside

2002 Flame Red RC R/T
    272 RWHP 315 ft/lb TQ
    218/226 Comp Cam, Stage 1 Ported EQ Heads, PRW 1.6 Roller Rockers, PIE Custom Tune, Full spintech exhaust with 3" side exit, 52mm Holley, Ported Kegger, Viper E-Fan, Powerdemon Trans, Hotchkis Springs, Leafs and Sway Bars, R/T 20's, Gen 3 viper seats, Custom "Rejected" State Inspection Sticker
    Plenty More to come

DRTC #149

Status

Then what was the issue with the injector connectors? If they were stock, the new harness should have plugged in with no issues

[Duner] : I was afraid I was going to go too fast and scare myself. Lucky for me - the DA rose up to save me.

[Kotta390] : Oh that's right! Well FML.....Looks like I am getting shafted because of my bore size

[BlakDak71] : I don't run oil, I run a special blend consisting of Hellman's mayo and the tears of a pregnant mermaid

[Kotta390] : My electric water pump puts out too much fuel at idle and is not a variable pump which makes it overheat in the summer at idle if I sit too long

You describe a condition that is almost exactly what I was experiencing. I was able to kind of eliminate the some of the issues since it would run OK in open loop (WOT). After that it seemed like classic IAC symptoms. Cleaning up ports and replacing helped but didn't totally cure problem. Checking all the sensors with a meter revealed nothing. I finally threw up my hands bought MAP, TPS, cam and crank sensors.........no O2 since I had just put new ones in. Replaced all and still no joy. After checking for vacuum leaks etc I decided to get two new O2 sensors before I started tearing things apart. BINGO! I feel your pain.

DRTC Member #1146

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Then what was the issue with the injector connectors? If they were stock, the new harness should have plugged in with no issues
    I was only concerned because the connectors didnt match the ones I took off, but they matched the ones in my dads truck.

2002 Flame Red RC R/T
    272 RWHP 315 ft/lb TQ
    218/226 Comp Cam, Stage 1 Ported EQ Heads, PRW 1.6 Roller Rockers, PIE Custom Tune, Full spintech exhaust with 3" side exit, 52mm Holley, Ported Kegger, Viper E-Fan, Powerdemon Trans, Hotchkis Springs, Leafs and Sway Bars, R/T 20's, Gen 3 viper seats, Custom "Rejected" State Inspection Sticker
    Plenty More to come

DRTC Member #1146

Status

Here ya go Danno, they are stock right?

2002 Flame Red RC R/T
    272 RWHP 315 ft/lb TQ
    Plenty More to come

DRTC #149

Status

Looks like... although maybe you can get the Bosch or Mopar# off of them and we can verify just to be sure.

Like has been said before, so many things have been changed on that truck over the years, and so much time has passed since it was "put back together", that you really need to verify EVERYTHING that you possibly can, just to make sure.

Who knows, maybe those are 42# injectors that look just like the stockers...

So lets make sure before we assume anything further about this particular setup.

DRTC Member #1146

Status

Will get a part number in the morning. But although Filbert says I can borrow his MT2500, this thread basically says it won't work on an 02 because of the cartridges and keys or something right?
    http://www.dakotart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22044

2002 Flame Red RC R/T
    272 RWHP 315 ft/lb TQ
    Plenty More to come

Blown and Squirted

Status

You need the new cartridge, I think the key is fine. I needed to borrow one to do Jack's truck.

'99 R/T- MSIIextra fuel/spark/idle, ZCP mx422 supercharged, ZCP Tbrake 727, PPC 10" 3800, 4.10, (\/) Headers, 2.5" Duals, Truetrac, Boyd Timeless 6's, Hotchkis TVS.
    Z Code Performance Website

Status

k-13 key is for older dodges, I wanna say 00-down and 01-up is a k-25 key
    1999 solar fire reboot
    Gas-Beat-Repeat

DRTC #149

Status

Will get a part number in the morning. But although Filbert says I can borrow his MT2500, this thread basically says it won't work on an 02 because of the cartridges and keys or something right?
    http://www.dakotart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22044

Someone else will have to comment on this

I am fortunate enough to have a DRB3 in the garage at home And sorry, I dont loan it out to anyone, because for me it is basically irreplaceable...

DRTC Member #1146

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Someone else will have to comment on this

I am fortunate enough to have a DRB3 in the garage at home And sorry, I dont loan it out to anyone, because for me it is basically irreplaceable...
    How did you get one of those?!?! They are like $3000 used

2002 Flame Red RC R/T
    272 RWHP 315 ft/lb TQ
    Plenty More to come

Status

Danno works for mopar dealer's i'm sure he got it for a steal I have a snap on, solus pro and a modus with a J2534 for flash capabilities, so I can do updates, and rewrite vin #'s erase security all that good stuff
    1999 solar fire reboot
    Gas-Beat-Repeat

DRTC Member #1146

Status

I got the part number off the side of the Injector. I found 53031740aa and 0280155934. I ran the first one and I am pretty sure they are stock

2002 Flame Red RC R/T
    272 RWHP 315 ft/lb TQ
    Plenty More to come

Status

How do you feel about taking the front of the motor apart. Danno and I were talking about making sure the cam is in there correctly.
    "the vast majority of the people on this website are such tight asses that they could probably squeeze out diamonds - but they'd never spend the money to buy the coal' - Steve F. 2012

"Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basho once wrote, "A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a doughnut with no hole is a Danish" - Ty Webb, 1980

DRTC Member #1146

Status

How far apart? The accessories and the water pump? I needs this truck running a long time ago. Especially since I have 2 a days next week for soccer.

2002 Flame Red RC R/T
    272 RWHP 315 ft/lb TQ
    Plenty More to come

Status

water pump, timing cover...the whole deal.

Status

How far apart? The accessories and the water pump? I needs this truck running a long time ago. Especially since I have 2 a days next week for soccer.
    Well get wrenchin'!!!!!
    Andrew
    1999 IB RC R/T
    TKO600

DRTC #149

Status

How did you get one of those?!?! They are like $3000 used
    When I was over in Bremerton and that dealer was shutting down, they let us "bid" on shop equipment. One of the things that I bid on was the 3rd DRB3.... I got it for $500, and consider myself VERY fortunate to have gotten it!!

DRTC #149

Status

I got the part number off the side of the Injector. I found 53031740aa and 0280155934. I ran the first one and I am pretty sure they are stock

Yep, those are the stockers.

Now you KNOW!

Blown and Squirted

Status

When the dealer I worked for closed, all three DRBs got swiped early. :-(

'99 R/T- MSIIextra fuel/spark/idle, ZCP mx422 supercharged, ZCP Tbrake 727, PPC 10" 3800, 4.10, (\/) Headers, 2.5" Duals, Truetrac, Boyd Timeless 6's, Hotchkis TVS.

DRTC #149

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Five9Dak View Post
    When the dealer I worked for closed, all three DRBs got swiped early. :-(
    I got the Crossfire and Sprinter box with it too. At the time I still had the SRT6, so I was super stoked about that.

Now, not so much... lol

Blown and Squirted

Status

eBay

DRTC #149

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Five9Dak View Post
    eBay
    Meh, doesnt cost me anything to keep it, and Ginn thinks she wants another SRT6 Roadster in the future .... so may as well keep it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast