+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Borrow a Snap on MT2500

Hybrid View

DRTC Member #1146

Status

Default Borrow a Snap on MT2500

At this point I believe the idle just needs to be set properly, and I can't do that without being able to view te target idle and the IAC counts. My scanner does not do that which I am pissed about because it was expensive as shit. Anyway can someone lend me their scanner so I can set this and forget it. Then I can mail it back

Troubleshooting Checklist

Last edited by 99blackrt; 09-08-2013 at 07:18 AM. Reason: Added Checklist Chart

2002 Flame Red RC R/T
    272 RWHP 315 ft/lb TQ
    218/226 Comp Cam, Stage 1 Ported EQ Heads, PRW 1.6 Roller Rockers, PIE Custom Tune, Full spintech exhaust with 3" side exit, 52mm Holley, Ported Kegger, Viper E-Fan, Powerdemon Trans, Hotchkis Springs, Leafs and Sway Bars, R/T 20's, Gen 3 viper seats, Custom "Rejected" State Inspection Sticker
    Plenty More to come

DRTC #149

Status

???

Harness work out and fixy problems?

99 DA RC To Be Discovered AKA Smokey
    98 DA CC 11.59@118 AKA Barney

[Duner] : I was afraid I was going to go too fast and scare myself. Lucky for me - the DA rose up to save me.

[Kotta390] : Oh that's right! Well FML.....Looks like I am getting shafted because of my bore size

[BlakDak71] : I don't run oil, I run a special blend consisting of Hellman's mayo and the tears of a pregnant mermaid

[Kotta390] : My electric water pump puts out too much fuel at idle and is not a variable pump which makes it overheat in the summer at idle if I sit too long

[KotaRT] : Ed, you can have cake, as long as I get something in return

DRTC Member #1146

Status

Well, now it runs and it idles a little better. But it still feels like it is missing a little (backfires/lean pop with a rev) and it shakes pretty bad sometimes. I can't get this damn thig to idle right for the life of me

2002 Flame Red RC R/T
    272 RWHP 315 ft/lb TQ
    218/226 Comp Cam, Stage 1 Ported EQ Heads, PRW 1.6 Roller Rockers, PIE Custom Tune, Full spintech exhaust with 3" side exit, 52mm Holley, Ported Kegger, Viper E-Fan, Powerdemon Trans, Hotchkis Springs, Leafs and Sway Bars, R/T 20's, Gen 3 viper seats, Custom "Rejected" State Inspection Sticker
    Plenty More to come

DRTC #149

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Friggin' R/T View Post
    Well, now it runs and it idles a little better. But it still feels like it is missing a little (backfires/lean pop with a rev) and it shakes pretty bad sometimes. I can't get this damn thig to idle right for the life of me
    What cam? Whats your fuel synch set at?

Edit: Give me a rundown on the basic build for that motor, or at least what you know. Intake, TB, cam, heads etc...

Also, where are you taking your MAP signal from? Bottom of TB? Or off the side of the intake?

[Duner] : I was afraid I was going to go too fast and scare myself. Lucky for me - the DA rose up to save me.

[Kotta390] : Oh that's right! Well FML.....Looks like I am getting shafted because of my bore size

[BlakDak71] : I don't run oil, I run a special blend consisting of Hellman's mayo and the tears of a pregnant mermaid

[Kotta390] : My electric water pump puts out too much fuel at idle and is not a variable pump which makes it overheat in the summer at idle if I sit too long

Blown and Squirted

Status

Stock idle is what? 600? I would just set it for 570ish hot in park with the IAC plugged off. should be close enough that it will learn.

'99 R/T- MSIIextra fuel/spark/idle, ZCP mx422 supercharged, ZCP Tbrake 727, PPC 10" 3800, 4.10, (\/) Headers, 2.5" Duals, Truetrac, Boyd Timeless 6's, Hotchkis TVS.
    Z Code Performance Website

Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Five9Dak View Post
    Stock idle is what? 600? I would just set it for 570ish hot in park with the IAC plugged off. should be close enough that it will learn.
    not a chance, you can't get it to stay running at anything less than 1000 rpms. Even then, you can hear it cycle up & down a bit
    "the vast majority of the people on this website are such tight asses that they could probably squeeze out diamonds - but they'd never spend the money to buy the coal' - Steve F. 2012

"Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basho once wrote, "A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a doughnut with no hole is a Danish" - Ty Webb, 1980

DRTC Member #1146

Status

Ok. Pretty much Stock eveything. Shorty headers, plenum plate fixed, 52mm Holley TB. That's all the mods. That I know of. Map signal is coming from bottom of TB. I have no clue what the fuel sync is set at. I have a feeling it is off though. It idles fine at 1000 then anything below that it starts shaking and sounds like little misfires and that is where te rough idle lies. It idles like that for 20-30 seconds and gives up usually. I was messing with the dizzy a little today trying to find where it idleded the best but it seemed to be similar no matter how far and which way I turned it. 10*-20* each way maybe.

2002 Flame Red RC R/T
    272 RWHP 315 ft/lb TQ
    Plenty More to come

I like free kittens

Status

I have an MT2500 I can send to you to let you use. however, my cartridge only goes up to 2001. you'll have to buy a cartridge for 2002 and older (or any year after 2002)
    --Tom
    **Photobucket can suck my nut**

I'm a douchebag

DRTC #149

Status

Ok. Pretty much Stock eveything. Shorty headers, plenum plate fixed, 52mm Holley TB. That's all the mods. That I know of. Map signal is coming from bottom of TB. I have no clue what the fuel sync is set at. I have a feeling it is off though. It idles fine at 1000 then anything below that it starts shaking and sounds like little misfires and that is where te rough idle lies. It idles like that for 20-30 seconds and gives up usually. I was messing with the dizzy a little today trying to find where it idleded the best but it seemed to be similar no matter how far and which way I turned it. 10*-20* each way maybe.
    Why am I thinking that it has/had a small cam in it?

Pull your MAP signal vacuum from the side of the manifold. Plug the port on the TB, and run a vacuum line down from the MAP to one of the ports on the side of the intake. You might have to play with it to get it to work ( Size issues ) but its a MUCH better signal for the MAP, and might help some of the issues you are having.

Stupid question, but just gotta ask Are you sure you dont have a plug wire swapped possibly? That is pretty easy to do, and would account for some of the issues you are now experiencing

Sounds like its cycling through open and closed loop..... trying to run off of o2's... then deciding not to...

Alot of that could be tune/afr related i would think.

This I given that plugs and wires are correct.. among a few other things that im sure you have already checked.
    Last edited by Cheezie; 08-12-2013 at 07:31 PM.
    Colby
    DRTC#1159
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve '02CC View Post
    Was this an autocorrect error or are you referring to plugging $1 bills up their colon so that they can't poop?
    Quote Originally Posted by Duner View Post
    Who R/T'd in your Wheaties?

DRTC Member #1146

Status

I have checked my plug wires about 153836183817 times. And I am pretty sure they are right. Can't be tune related because it has a brand new superchips tune on it. Just the most mild one. But still better than stock and my scanner says that it runs steady in closed loop once it gets there. There is no flickering between open loop and closed loop

2002 Flame Red RC R/T
    272 RWHP 315 ft/lb TQ
    Plenty More to come

You describe a condition that is almost exactly what I was experiencing. I was able to kind of eliminate the some of the issues since it would run OK in open loop (WOT). After that it seemed like classic IAC symptoms. Cleaning up ports and replacing helped but didn't totally cure problem. Checking all the sensors with a meter revealed nothing. I finally threw up my hands bought MAP, TPS, cam and crank sensors.........no O2 since I had just put new ones in. Replaced all and still no joy. After checking for vacuum leaks etc I decided to get two new O2 sensors before I started tearing things apart. BINGO! I feel your pain.

Step bumer & CCW's FTW!

Status

Why dont' you just have the stock tune in it, until it runs properly?

2012 RAM R/T
    Belltech.

2010 Challenger R/T
    Hurst. Billet Tech. Hop Not. SLP.

DRTC Member #1146

Status

I could do that...

2002 Flame Red RC R/T
    272 RWHP 315 ft/lb TQ
    Plenty More to come

DRTC #149

Status

hmm

Try re-routing the MAP signal vacuum. The port on the TB itself can be a little slow to react to vacuum changes in the manifold, and that can cause the "pop" out the TB when you open the throttle suddenly.

Wish you were closer. lol

DRTC Member #1146

Status

It is an exhaust pop

2002 Flame Red RC R/T
    272 RWHP 315 ft/lb TQ
    Plenty More to come

DRTC #149

Status

It is an exhaust pop
    Thats usually caused by a rich condition in the exh coupled with a small exh leak....

DRTC Member #1146

Status

I went through all of my vacuum hoses just to be sure. I redid stuff, removed a couple tees and linked the map sensor to the side of the manifold instead of the TB. Ended up with te same amount of vacuum on the gauge but it didnt change the idle

2002 Flame Red RC R/T
    272 RWHP 315 ft/lb TQ
    Plenty More to come

DRTC #149

Status

I went through all of my vacuum hoses just to be sure. I redid stuff, removed a couple tees and linked the map sensor to the side of the manifold instead of the TB. Ended up with te same amount of vacuum on the gauge but it didnt change the idle
    OK now that we know thats NOT the issue

Hook your scanner up, turn the key on, and see what the TPS voltage is when the truck is just sitting there not running.

One other quick question. Does the random quitting/not restarting seem to be cured now?

DRTC Member #1146

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post

Hook your scanner up, turn the key on, and see what the TPS voltage is when the truck is just sitting there not running.

One other quick question. Does the random quitting/not restarting seem to be cured now?
    I can't see what the TPS voltage is just what % it is at

2002 Flame Red RC R/T
    272 RWHP 315 ft/lb TQ
    Plenty More to come

Status

I can't see what the TPS voltage is just what % it is at
    measure it with the volt meter
    "the vast majority of the people on this website are such tight asses that they could probably squeeze out diamonds - but they'd never spend the money to buy the coal' - Steve F. 2012

"Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basho once wrote, "A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a doughnut with no hole is a Danish" - Ty Webb, 1980

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post

as long as we have the TB set screw set to idle around 1000rpms, yes

DRTC #149

Status

Oh and Josh, just so you dont feel bad...

I am fighting a random no start on the new truck too... so new cam and crank sensor being installed tonight when I get home *yay*

Status

IMO, that Superchips money would have been better used towards the new harness.

Since it is unknown right now, you should find out what the fuel sync is and get it set so you can cross that one off the list.
    Andrew
    1999 IB RC R/T
    TKO600

Status

Quote Originally Posted by sunike32 View Post
    IMO, that Superchips money would have been better used towards the new harness.

Since it is unknown right now, you should find out what the fuel sync is and get it set so you can cross that one off the list.
    the distributor is in the "notch" postion right now. That should be pretty close to 0*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast